Social media and Customer service! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 2nd, 2014, 4:28 pm Thread Starter

Cool Social media and Customer service!

If you have ever wondered about the real world influence and the power of these online forums and social media wonder no more!

Here's the story: I've had a lot of issues with my local BMW Motorrad dealer here in Saskatoon. In fact, service is so bad that I rent enclosed trailers and hauled my bike the 500 miles to next closest dealership for the warranty work. For many months and on multiple occasions I've tried contacting my local BMW management & ownership to address these issues and they wouldn't even give me the time of day Now here's the really interesting point, I gave the dealership a negative review online and since then they want an 'opportunity' to make things right. I'm guessing they're more concerned with their online reputation, marketing hype and social status than they are with real world customer service! It also shows that us bike owners aren't the only readers on-line.

** Update: According to the dealership's “Social Media Manager”, there's a new VP working on the customer service side. I hope it works out for them, but for me its too little, too late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 3rd, 2014, 11:51 am

Re: Social media and Customer service!

yup the internet specifically social media has changed the way many businesses do business,
I am a tourist boat Captain, we have built our business up in just four short years from relatively unknown to the most popular excursion in the area,
and mostly because of our online reviews on trip advisor and facebook

The competition was the only game in town for over 25 years,
I worked for him for a while some years ago,
I'll keep it short by just saying he didn't treat people right,
figured they would be gone in a couple of days which is true,
but now they leave behind many bad reviews,
so they go with the company that has the good reviews.
We've taken approximately 75% of his business (so far)

Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"

post #3 of 5 Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:11 pm

I find online reviews to be somewhat useful but they can also be a crock of s**t. I have stayed in a couple of hotels that were not recognizable from the glowing reviews they got. I know a guy that has a small BBQ restaurant he had one review that said his food was bland but he had a good selection of beer, he only sells one brand of beer and in my opinion best BBQ in the whole area, almost as good as what I cook at home He figures one of his competitors posted it. Now when I read trip advisor I usually ignore them if they have a lot of positive reviews from posters that have only a couple of posts under their belt and the folks that made negative comments have high post count. I think those folks are trying to flood out the negative comments by posting positive comments themselves.

Gerhard

post #4 of 5 Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:11 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1600_ryder View Post
... I gave the dealership a negative review online and since then they want an 'opportunity' to make things right.
Too bad they didn't want to seize the 'opportunity' when no one was looking. Glad they are at least trying to make a change.

You mentioned - too little too late. But why not give them a second chance with something small? If they are able to earn your trust over time it's a win win.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)
post #5 of 5 Old May 4th, 2014, 2:50 pm

Agreed. I bought a back protector for my jacket on line, but it slid sideways in the pocket on my first ride with it. I wrote the manufacturer and asked for help, ideas, etc. I never even got a reply to my email, but a few weeks later when I got a request to write a review by the on line vendor (not manufacturer), I did. No slam of the product but honestly listed my issue and even owned the possibility I purchased the wrong size.

Received emailed offer to help from the same people I contacted weeks earlier within an hour or two :-0

Chris

Ain't nothin like a friend who can tell you you're just pissin in the wind - Neil Young
2015 BMW R1200RT
1973 BMW R75/5
Yard Art - 1968 Sachs 90 / 1968 Hodaka Ace 90
SCBMWRC / MOA / Airhead Beemer Club

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
saskatoon, social media

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in