EBR and Amsoil - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 21st, 2014, 1:25 pm Thread Starter

EBR and Amsoil

Wondered if I was reading this correctly. I enjoy watching supercross, moto gp, and super bike racing, and think I noticed a "trend" which has me confused. EBR (Eric Buell Racing) as two entries in the super bike circuit. He also advertises for Amsoil, which ads run during the super cross races.
Initially he stated that he thought he had an engineering problem, in that he was suffering engine failures. Praise Ala, Amsoil showed him that he only had a lubrication problem, and they were able to sell him "bearing in a bottle", which saved him from having to re-engineer all his motors.
Was watching the super bike race at Aragon, and saw his lead bike lose an engine. Clearly a complete engine failure based on the smoke screen he laid down, but no explanation on his web site.
OK, so now I'm curious about what he actually said in his support for Amsoil, so I scrolled through the Seattle super cross race, searching for his ad. It was a new ad, with no mention of his previous engineering issues.
So here's my confusion. He has the same oils available to him that all the other manufactures do, yet his engines purportedly failed using what everyone else finds success with. Is he not admitting that he does have an engineering issue, but overcame that by using the famous "bearing in a bottle"? Yet he's blowing engines in the race.
Am I missing something here? Perhaps the proverbial "boat"?
Admittedly, any bike's motor can and will blow. But the series of events here has me stymied. I need a nap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 27th, 2014, 8:59 pm Thread Starter

Re: EBR and Amsoil

Happened again. EBR blew the motors in both entries, with one failure resulting in the red flagging of the race. Wonder how long EBR and Amsoil can continue their partnership.
post #3 of 3 Old Apr 27th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Re: EBR and Amsoil

Sounds like it really is an engine design problem. What else could it be? Hard to believe that Amsoil is providing insufficient lubrication.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in