Motorcycle Sport & Liesure Mag - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 1:18 pm Thread Starter

Motorcycle Sport & Liesure Mag

Just picked up the June issue at the stand for $9. Has anyone else seen this British mag. I really like it. You have to get used to all the prices in pounds and the weights in kg but it is a great read.

There's an excellent cover story on the GS Aventure .. and another excellent story on the GT.

After reading those articles I went out to get a lottery ticket 'cause winning would land both GS-A and GT in my garage even before telling my wife I won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jun 2nd, 2006, 2:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYchris02
After reading those articles I went out to get a lottery ticket 'cause winning would land both GS-A and GT in my garage even before telling my wife I won.
Might even get you a new wife... before your wife knew it...!!!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 7:10 am

Nine dollars for a magazine?

2000 Canyon Red LTC
"Arizona"
"You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't."

post #4 of 5 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 7:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan
Nine dollars for a magazine?
That was my reaction, as well. Better be a DARN good rag. And...that's practically a third the price for a year's membership to BMW MOA, which comes with 12 months of the BMW ON magazine. Hhmmn...

FWIW, I understand that 'BIKE' is the best cycle rag from the UK. (Not to be confused with the bicycling magazine with the same name.) It's very hard to come by though.
post #5 of 5 Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 1:59 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
'BIKE' is pretty good, kind of like 'Rider' here in the states. Good coverage on a lot of different topics, real-world ride reports, and always a great local ride suggestion.

But the feature I liked best was their product testing. They would take several different brands of an item, say gloves or boots, and not only rate them for fit and comfort, but also subject them to serious destructive testing. You would know which seams held up in the gloves, which boots were truly waterproof, which flip helmets resisted opening on impact, which air compressors lasted, etc. They would also rate them not only by cost, but by overall value. That was worth a lot.

Sometimes you can find them on the racks at Borders or Barnes & Noble. And they're $9 because they're imported from the UK, at a single-issue rate. Sure it costs more than subscription rate to a US magazine, but occasionally it's good to have an outside opinion. Kinda like catching BBC news once in a while, instead of what's force-fed to us here in the States.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in