Accident Prepared - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old May 28th, 2006, 7:37 pm Thread Starter

Accident Prepared

I got a call from my friend Britton today. Some of you met him at STC-II (blue R1150RT).

He got rear-ended by someone, who stopped accross the intersection. The system case and side of his RT were smashed (his leg bruised but no hospitalization). He got up from the intersection to go over to the driver. After talking to her turned around for a second, and she was gone.

We talked about cell phones in our jacket pockets, and developing the reflex to just take a pic. Despite 10 witnesses, neither had time to get the license number.

3 Weeks ago, I hit a wild turkey, and luckily, was able to ride home (hours). I had a sort of wire tie in my case.

My first day at STC, I almost got wiped out by construction equipment I started to pass - then, Britton said I made smooth emergency maneuvers (MSF courses do help even when they start seeming basic).

We all talk about bad things happening on bikes - but things happen where we can (and _do_ ride away).

Now that summer is upon us, anyone else have preparedness suggestions?

Yarko
'05 Dark Gray LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in