Motorcycle dolly - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Apr 30th, 2013, 2:44 pm Thread Starter

Motorcycle dolly

Here's something I built for my son-in-law to store his bike(s) (I made two of them). This one is my generation 2, as I made some modifications to the first one I built. It's made out of $20 worth of metal I bought out of a scrap bin at a local metal supply, and another $22 worth of casters.
All you do is slide it under the bike, set the center stand in the cradle and lift it up. We were able to spin the bikes around the shop (needs to be a really smooth floor for the small casters) with very little effort. My daughter was able to move her FZ6 easily by herself. Allows you to tuck them right up against a wall or into a corner. Neat little space saver.
I'm only throwing this out there as an idea for guys with a need for extra space. Not in the business of building them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	5754
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	38410   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1.jpeg
Views:	2398
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	38411  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Apr 30th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Motorcycle dolly

I made up something like that a few years ago. Except I used 3/4 plywood, & use it to take our sidecar off & on with. In fact I have our sidecar on it right now, & the LT backed on to the lift with the rear wheel in the wheel clamp. I think I broke the front spring on the the bike, or bent something...The front end dropped around 11/2" or so around the end of our 4 months in Florida wintering.

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in