anybody use pashnit tour? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Oct 24th, 2012, 8:15 pm Thread Starter

anybody use pashnit tour?

We are looking into doing a tour with Pashnit tours. I cannot find anything bad said about them on the net and thought somebody might have had some experience with them. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

2Wheelroadtrip (Barney)
03 LTC
82 Aspencade
Time Out camper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's not where we go. It's that we go.

The information from this site and its members has proven to be invaluable again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Oct 25th, 2012, 2:32 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: anybody use pashnit tour?

I was on one of Tim's very first tours several years ago.

He was still working out some of the details on how to best run the tour, but we all had a great time. There was a good mix of bikes and riders of all experience levels, and we broke into smaller riding groups which worked well.

Tim definitely knows his roads, and his pure joy of riding is contagious. We did Central California, from Saratoga down to Ojai and back up. Some of it was familiar to me but there were some great new roads, even a few in my own backyard that I hadn't yet discovered.

I do want to run another tour with his group one of these days, just because it was so much fun.

This pic was taken at the post-ride BBQ:

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 7 Old Oct 25th, 2012, 7:32 pm

If you like the Guided tour type riding format rather than being on your own with LOCALS guidance ? .... here they indeed can offers roads less traveled guidance of our Local Northern California roads.

On a personal note, with SO many of us Nor Cal riders here on the site that know equally or more roads one may explore, getting yourself educated by talking with the locals of areas your wishing to experience may get you a better experience once you hook up with a guide company. Or .... Give you the confidence to set out on your own adventure and really get a taste of what Northern California has for AWESOME riding.

Regards,
Scott

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #4 of 7 Old Oct 28th, 2012, 7:28 pm

Quote:

Look like a pretty good way to fill up a pannier.

__________________________________________________ _________
John aka Frank Nitti

2003 K1200LT-E
1993 HD Fatboy...Gone, But not Forgotten
2000 Honda Gold Wing/Motor Trike Conv.
MOA #186960

Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way.
I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.
Will Rogers
post #5 of 7 Old Oct 29th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
If you like the Guided tour type riding format rather than being on your own with LOCALS guidance ? .... here they indeed can offers roads less traveled guidance of our Local Northern California roads.

On a personal note, with SO many of us Nor Cal riders here on the site that know equally or more roads one may explore, getting yourself educated by talking with the locals of areas your wishing to experience may get you a better experience once you hook up with a guide company. Or .... Give you the confidence to set out on your own adventure and really get a taste of what Northern California has for AWESOME riding.

Regards,
Scott
Never used the guided tours, however I do subscribe to the Pashnit website, and use it scout roads for "self-guided" tours around the area on roads that I don't discover on my own. IMHO the Pashnit maps database is second to none and includes pics, descriptions, and links to other roads in the are so you can extend that one mile length of goat road into an all day ride.

As Scott stated, there are many resources, including this site, that can point you to some great riding, great hotels/camp sites and most importantly - where to get some really good coffee (that's not a Starbucks)...

Gino
Modesto, CA
'02 Silver
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw. --Rush
post #6 of 7 Old Nov 1st, 2012, 7:56 pm Thread Starter

Ok you guys talked us into going it alone. We don't normally ride in big groups anyway. We are thinking of spending a week out in Northern California. We like clean motels that are not over priced. I only wish we could rent an LT. Twisty roads are our favorites. We are open to things to see. I will not include any wineries in our trip because I prefer brown aged liquids not made from grapes after a day of riding. Let me know of any suggestions or can't miss things to see. If we can ride all day and never go over 50mph we are the happiest. Thanks for all the input.

2Wheelroadtrip (Barney)
03 LTC
82 Aspencade
Time Out camper

It's not where we go. It's that we go.

The information from this site and its members has proven to be invaluable again.
post #7 of 7 Old Nov 1st, 2012, 8:37 pm

I took a ride to AZ and met up with some fellow members and had a great time. One of them mentioned a rode back to NM that I wasn't aware of - now on my list! That's a great way to get to meet others with the same bike, swap stories, and get great roads to ride on!

On a totally different topic - Meese, what is that stingray GPS cover you have there? Homemade? Aftermarket? Never seen one of those, but very slick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meese

Rudy
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

'03 BMW K1200LT (a keeper)
'08 BMW F800ST (fun fun fun)
'99 BMW R1100RT (sold her!)
'84 Honda Magna V45 (nice while she lasted)
'80 Yamaha YZ125 (rest her soul)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in