Are YOU a BMW MOA member? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 2:14 pm Thread Starter

Are YOU a BMW MOA member?

As many of us know, one of the perks of being an MOA member is the "Anonymous Book". We carry it and hope we never need it.

Today I learned second hand (and was partly involved) how it works. The important part here is not that a member used it for assistance. The important part is the extent that those who helped went to! I may "up" my levels of assistance after today. A special thanks to all those who have responded to call for help from the use of the Anonymous Book.

Here's what happened and how quick it was fixed: http://ourbmw.wordpress.com/2012/06/...r-network-but/

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 2:50 pm

Garage
Re: Are YOU a BMW MOA member?

Yes.
I just read your story over there. I had my own similar adventure earlier this year, and offers from advrider to help, and a bmwsporttouring member rode 420 miles round trip on a Sunday to lend me a part.
So, thanks to BMWMOA and the anonymous book. But you don't have to be a member to help someone. Nor do you have to be in the anonymous book to help someone.
dc

2008 R1200 RT
post #3 of 6 Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 3:53 pm
Lifetime Supporter

That is awesome!

David Hogerheide

2015 K1600GTL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 K1200LT (traded for GTL)
1984 Kawasaki Spectre: long gone
BMWMOA# 163123
BMWRA member
AMA member
Saddle sore 1000 Sept 2011
Bun Burner 1500 Sept 2011

CCR 2012 Duluth, MN
CCR 2014 Chattanooga, TN

post #4 of 6 Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 5:23 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David13
Yes.
I just read your story over there. I had my own similar adventure earlier this year, and offers from advrider to help, and a bmwsporttouring member rode 420 miles round trip on a Sunday to lend me a part.
So, thanks to BMWMOA and the anonymous book. But you don't have to be a member to help someone. Nor do you have to be in the anonymous book to help someone.
dc
The Anonymous Book just happened to be the tool at his disposal.

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

post #5 of 6 Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 8:33 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Ben a member ever since I've owned a BMW. Never needed the book but I do carry it ALWAYS.

Stevie Shreeve
post #6 of 6 Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 7:44 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I have been a BMW MOA member for 30 years. I used the anonymous book once & I have seen it used a few times. We were on our way home from Zephyrhills , Florida were we spend our winters. The trailer we use for our LT/Hannigan rig had the skin on the driver side start to peal off. That was at Acworth GA. We called one of the numbers for that city & drove over to his car shop. He helped me get the skin put back on the trailer good enough to get back to Michigan.

One time I was with some guys out for a ride to Colorado. One of the guys drive shaft broke, & a guy from the anonymous book in Montrose CO took the drive shaft out of his bike so he could finnish the trip & get back home.

The anonymous book is a real nice think to have with you, I don't leave home with out it

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in