69MPG - Really? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 2nd, 2012, 9:27 am Thread Starter

Question 69MPG - Really?

I was at the BMW dealer a couple weeks ago picking up a part for my K1200LT and drooling over the new bikes on the floor. I ran across the F800ST which normally would not have held any real interest for me except for 2 things:

1. It's relatively cheap
2. they claim 69MPG!!!

That #2 thing has commanded some attention from me. I currently ride my R1200c as my daily commuter vehicle and enjoy it, but if I could squeak out an additional 50% MPG that might make me consider it.

The question is does anyone have any experience that can validate BMW's claim? I normally believe their MPG estimates because the BMWs I have owned have validated them, however this is better than most scooters out there and just seems too good to be true, plus it has more hp than my C.

Edit: The thread spell check suggests "Bums" for "BMWs"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:31 am

Re: 69MPG - Really?

I now have an 08 800ST but prior to last July I had an 07 800S and put 93,000 miles on it before I did 3200 dollars worth of damage to it and had to trade it. Anyway, I kept track of the mileage of the 800S and through over 92,000 miles it averaged a hair over 59 mpg. Obviously, it got in the 50s at Interstate speed and in the 60s on local 2 lane roads. You would have to be going pretty slow to average 69 mpg. Maybe the new ones are tuned for more fuel mileage; I don't know.
post #3 of 3 Old May 2nd, 2012, 5:04 pm

Re: 69MPG - Really?

I would think they could do that. I have not ridden one but my 99LT averaged 56.7 for 77,000 miles with twice beating 70 and several tanks over 60 mpg. My 76 R90 did almost the same. Hopefully new bikes will get better mileage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in