Bmw Emergency Service Program Rebate - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 3:30 pm Thread Starter

Bmw Emergency Service Program Rebate

Has anyone had any experience with the BMW Emergency Service Program rebate program (Military/ EMS/ LEO etc.)?

I am having a difficult time receiving a reply from BMW after I submitted the required documents in early September. The indivual I had email and telephone contact with on 16 September assured me she would call me the following week. I have left emails and voicemails with no results.

Any other points of contact with the company I can try? (The dealership is trying to get an answer from the BMW point of contact regarding another Emergency Services Program sale/rebate.) When I spoke to the dealership last week they indicated they aren't having any luck either...

Wabashvalley
IBA#39388
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Oct 31st, 2011, 11:50 am

Re: Bmw Emergency Service Program Rebate

Yes I have....unfortunately. Brand new R1200RT purchased in May. Dealer assisted me with the paperwork after I had my registration and all other documentation and faxed in to BMW. I became frustrated after hearing nothing from anyone for over two months. Salesperson who sold me the bike and processed my rebate continued to give me excuses about new people handling the ES Rebate and that the process really needed some ironing out. I tried to be patient and the salesperson did make some inquiries for me, but was not all all aggressive in getting me answers. The first time I felt progress was being made was when I opened up my Consumer Warranty Information booklet and talked to Joe at BMW customer service. I gave him all my information and he got back to me a few days later. Anyhow, he coordinated with the regional rep and I was told that the dealer had been sent funds and that they could issue me my rebate on Monday of next week. When I talked to the dealer, I had to circumvent my salesman and talk directly to the owner who not only helped me, but returned my phone call when he said he would. BMW had issued the dealer my rebate electronically under dealer incentives. Because I had been waiting for so long the owner just cut me a check then and there and said he wouldn't make me wait until next month when they could access their incentive dollars. So...after six months I finally have my rebate check in hand. My advice - call BMW direct 1-800-831-1117, let them know that whoever is supposed to be handling it isn't and that they are your last result. The debacle aside, once I put BMW on the problem, they did take care of me and ultimately so did the owner of my dealership. Hope that helps and thanks for you service.
post #3 of 8 Old Oct 31st, 2011, 3:40 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Terry!
Still waiting here... I did receive a reply from BMW after inquiring here. They apologized for the delay but indicated that it would take a while... Not sure what a while is :-) but I considered that progress above no reply.

I purchased 1 September so I will be rolling up on two months.

I am working on that patience thing

Thank You for Your Service and the reply/information.

Ride Safe,
Jerry

Wabashvalley
IBA#39388

post #4 of 8 Old Nov 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

A question, who is eligible for this rebate and how much does it amount to? Do Retirees qualify?

Thanks

Ride Safe,

Bob
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"We were leaving confusion and nonsense behind, performing this one noble function of our time..to move"
Dean Moriarty - On The Road

'12 R1200RT
post #5 of 8 Old Nov 5th, 2011, 8:23 am Thread Starter

Here are a couple links from the BMW site. After a quick glance though... It appears a person must be Employed by... at the time of purchase.

The rebate is based on the model of new bike that is purchased. (The RT is $400.)

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/...ide_frame.html

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/us/en/...ide_frame.html

If you have trouble on the links just go to BMW's site and click the link under promotions.

Jerry

Wabashvalley
IBA#39388

Last edited by Wabashvalley; Nov 5th, 2011 at 8:29 am.
post #6 of 8 Old Nov 5th, 2011, 6:18 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabashvalley
Has anyone had any experience with the BMW Emergency Service Program rebate program (Military/ EMS/ LEO etc.)?

I am having a difficult time receiving a reply from BMW after I submitted the required documents in early September. The indivual I had email and telephone contact with on 16 September assured me she would call me the following week. I have left emails and voicemails with no results.

Any other points of contact with the company I can try? (The dealership is trying to get an answer from the BMW point of contact regarding another Emergency Services Program sale/rebate.) When I spoke to the dealership last week they indicated they aren't having any luck either...
A change was made to this year's program. The dealer is supposed to verify your eligibility and then deduct the rebate from the selling price. You really should be working with the dealer to get the money back...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old Nov 5th, 2011, 7:03 pm Thread Starter

Yes, we found that out after the paperwork was submitted. BMW hadn't changed the online form at the time. It still lead a person to believe the buyer was to submit the documentation directly to BMW.

It will all work out though. The dealership has been super about the whole thing and the rep at BMW has followed up on her end.

"Patience Grasshopper, patience"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Shred
A change was made to this year's program. The dealer is supposed to verify your eligibility and then deduct the rebate from the selling price. You really should be working with the dealer to get the money back...

Wabashvalley
IBA#39388
post #8 of 8 Old Nov 7th, 2011, 4:50 pm Thread Starter

Happy to report GrassRoots BMW in Cape Girardeau, MO and BMW came through. The rebate arrived in the mail today.

Wabashvalley
IBA#39388

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in