Who watches American Chopper: Sr vs Jr? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 Old Jun 7th, 2011, 9:55 am Thread Starter

Who watches American Chopper: Sr vs Jr?

Who had the better bike build?

Sr.

Jr.

Assistant Vice President of the International Association of Trailer Parks, Trailer Park Supervisors, and Assistant Trailer Park Supervisors (ATPTPSAATPS)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old Jun 7th, 2011, 10:31 am

Re: Who watches American Chopper: Sr vs Jr?

Jr.
but you need to show the rear of that bike. He used the actual tail lights. The goal being to emulate the look and lines of the car.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #3 of 54 Old Jun 7th, 2011, 1:21 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Jr's ass will be a dragg'in!

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #4 of 54 Old Jun 7th, 2011, 1:49 pm Thread Starter

The bike has a rear air shock that raise the bike off the ground once started. The bike has no side or center stand. It lowers to the ground once off. It is very impressive in action. A very big crowd pleasing sight.

Assistant Vice President of the International Association of Trailer Parks, Trailer Park Supervisors, and Assistant Trailer Park Supervisors (ATPTPSAATPS)
post #5 of 54 Old Jun 7th, 2011, 2:13 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I missed that show.

So did Paul Sr. design it or did Jason Pohl do the design?

Last time I watched Paul Jr. had no Jason Pohl equivalent. ( I like Jr's)

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #6 of 54 Old Jun 8th, 2011, 6:34 am

Cool Re: Who watches American Chopper: Sr vs Jr?

The show in general is simply a joke... Just a lot of forced drama and controversy to stir up and create conflict....

As far as which bike, I really don't like either one. I can sincerely appreciate the hard work and creativity that went into each, but as works of art, I really wouldn't one either one on my wall. Neither are practical to ride, except to the local bar for a drink and then home to wash, and wax fro several hours....

.... OH but I digress.. :-)

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #7 of 54 Old Jun 8th, 2011, 8:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiver
The show in general is simply a joke... Just a lot of forced drama and controversy to stir up and create conflict....

As far as which bike, I really don't like either one. I can sincerely appreciate the hard work and creativity that went into each, but as works of art, I really wouldn't one either one on my wall. Neither are practical to ride, except to the local bar for a drink and then home to wash, and wax fro several hours....

I agree with Dan. The show is a waste of time, just like all the other so called "reality" shows on TV. Actually, TV has become pretty much a waste of time. Not even any good comedy on anymore. Watch the news some but it's becoming increasingly difficult to see through their bias!

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

post #8 of 54 Old Jun 8th, 2011, 8:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_Keen
I agree with Dan. The show is a waste of time, just like all the other so called "reality" shows on TV. Actually, TV has become pretty much a waste of time. Not even any good comedy on anymore. Watch the news some but it's becoming increasingly difficult to see through their bias!
Well said. I also believe it to be a sad commentary on the American viewing public - that "we" find this sort of crap to be entertainment.
In defense of American Chopper, I might say that out of any given 60 minute show, there could be 10 minutes of interesting viewing. I have to admit to finding it interesting and entertaining to watch anyone take a piece of metal and turn it into something cool. And the painting can be interesting.
post #9 of 54 Old Jun 8th, 2011, 8:49 am Thread Starter

Quote:
.... Neither are practical to ride, except to the local bar for a drink and then home to wash, and wax fro several hours....

:-)
Which is probably why 75% of the buying market ride. Then the purpose of both bikes were served. And both, especially Junior's bike, will fetch well over 6 figures.

post #10 of 54 Old Jun 8th, 2011, 10:22 am

I hope they both fetch good $$$ the money is going for a great cause. Certain special needs kids. Reminds me of some charity CCR might do.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
post #11 of 54 Old Jun 8th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Garage

They are both very beautiful creations.
How do you end up spleen venting about a TV show when someone asks you which of the two builders bikes you prefer

2017 R1200RT
2010 R1200RT Sold
2002 R1100S
1993 R100RT
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #12 of 54 Old Jun 14th, 2011, 8:58 am

Bids as of today
Jr = $110,000
Sr =$23,500
Nuff said.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
post #13 of 54 Old Jun 15th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Quote:

Agreed. Was sort of pleased when Sr. was going nuts on Jr and being a jerk and heard the show was cancelled.

Jr's bike was much better as was/his maturity

Sr. needs to get real, and grow up
post #14 of 54 Old Jun 15th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadicool59
They are both very beautiful creations.
How do you end up spleen venting about a TV show when someone asks you which of the two builders bikes you prefer
What is "spleen venting"?
post #15 of 54 Old Jun 16th, 2011, 1:34 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmlt
What is "spleen venting"?
“To vent one’s spleen” means “to express one’s anger,” usually in forceful terms and/or at top volume.
The spleen is, of course, one of those brave little organs nestled in the human midsection (just east of the stomach, in this case), performing those thankless tasks we don’t notice until something goes wrong and our deductible becomes relevant. The spleen’s job is to act as a sort of filter for the blood, but in medieval times, when each bodily organ was thought to be the home of one emotion or another, the spleen was regarded as the seat of melancholy (a mood we now know to reside in the wallet). There was apparently a brief period later on when the spleen was suspected, improbably, of supplying humor and good cheer, but by the late 16th century it was decided that the spleen was the source of rage and ill-temper. Thus “spleen” has for several centuries been a metaphor for “anger,” “resentment” and general crankiness.

“Vent” comes ultimately from the Latin “ventus,” meaning “wind,” and as a verb means “to emit or discharge from a confined space,” as a fan “vents” cooking fumes from a kitchen. The “vent” in “vent one’s spleen” is a metaphorical use of the verb that arose in the 17th century meaning “to relieve or unburden one’s heart or soul,” a sense we still use today (“Don’t mind me, I’m just venting”).

2017 R1200RT
2010 R1200RT Sold
2002 R1100S
1993 R100RT
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #16 of 54 Old Jun 16th, 2011, 9:50 am

DAM! And I thought I was smart cuz I knew what "3 dog night" meant!!!

Aside from me asking, who ever thought one could learn such historical knowledge on a motorcycle site.
post #17 of 54 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 12:25 pm

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_Keen

+2
post #18 of 54 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 2:06 pm

It seems to me that Sr relies on Jason to design all this bikes, while Jr does his own designs.

Look at the relationship Sr has with the rest of his children. Disconnected from all of them. I doubt if it's the kids' fault.

I really like Jr's designs and personality. Of course, it could all be for TV.
C

Thank a teacher if you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.
2011 RT Ostra Grey Low Suspension model
post #19 of 54 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 3:35 pm

Quote:
Well said. I also believe it to be a sad commentary on the American viewing public - that "we" find this sort of crap to be entertainment.
In defense of American Chopper, I might say that out of any given 60 minute show, there could be 10 minutes of interesting viewing. I have to admit to finding it interesting and entertaining to watch anyone take a piece of metal and turn it into something cool. And the painting can be interesting.
+2, I just do not get the appeal of reality TV... watching other peoples lives, particularly the misery, instead of living ones own life. As for the bikes neither of them do it for me either.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #20 of 54 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 4:56 pm

I watch it. It's like watching a train wreck. Senior has very obvious and severe mental problems. Maybe the steroids, booze, and drugs destroyed too many brain cells. In addition to being both verbally and mentally abusive, he's screwed a lot of people financially over the years. He's a user. He cares about no one but himself. As you can tell, I'm not a fan of his.

And to answer the question, Junior's bike shows more creativity and captures the essence of the Caddy, so that's where my vote goes.

Last edited by Knife; Sep 1st, 2011 at 5:05 pm.
post #21 of 54 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 6:31 pm

Haven't had a television for 12 years.........
and now I remember why............................

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

Last edited by STARFIGHTER; Sep 1st, 2011 at 6:32 pm. Reason: spelling
post #22 of 54 Old Sep 1st, 2011, 11:37 pm

Quote:

Dan you really have it bad for your GTL don't you?

Wade

99 K-1200LT
82 Yamaha Virago (Girl of my youth)

"No one knows as much as all of us do." --General George Patton

post #23 of 54 Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 4:41 am

Spleen venting. Being in the medical profession I know perzactly what this is. It's when smoke comes out of your spleen.

It was with great umbrage (from Latin umbraticum) that I read the comment about reality shows - fpmlt "I also believe it to be a sad commentary on the American viewing public - that "we" find this sort of crap to be entertainment". Au contraire my friend from the southern part of the state. Have you ever watched The Deadliest Catch????? My wife once asked me whether I would ever go out on one of those boats. I told her are you kidding? I would pay $10,000 to spend a season on one of those boats. Not to work the deck of course as I'm way too old and way too fat, but I would cook for the crew and entertain the Captain with amusing anecdotes and witty reparte. I wonder how many hours it would take before I got pitched over the side?

As to the bikes? Juniors' of course. He has more class in his 5th toenail than his POS dad has in his whole miserable vindictive body. I quit watching the show when Junior split off and the shells started being lobbed.

Loren

WAK1200LT
Loren

Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
post #24 of 54 Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 7:55 pm

Quote:

I agree. . . Paul Sr.,, Paul Jr., who cares, those piece of crap "bikes" are the worse thing that ever happen to "motorcycling". I really hate those so called bikes. Are anyone buying these overpriced white elephants anymore?. GO BMW

westcott360
Frisco, Texas
2008 BMW R1200RT (Titan Silver)
post #25 of 54 Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 9:45 pm

Quote:
Look for a movie called "Idiocracy". It's about the future of America....sort of...
post #26 of 54 Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 9:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcott360
I agree. . . Paul Sr.,, Paul Jr., who cares, those piece of crap "bikes" are the worse thing that ever happen to "motorcycling". I really hate those so called bikes. Are anyone buying these overpriced white elephants anymore?. GO BMW
Is it just me or does Paul Jr. seem a little slow...possibly slightly retarded?
post #27 of 54 Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by missusfinz
Is it just me or does Paul Jr. seem a little slow...possibly slightly retarded?
Not very bright, kind of stupid but I don't think he is retarded.

Regards & Ride Safe!

Bruce
'09 Black LT
4-Wheels moves the body, 2-wheels moves the soul.
IBA # 8547
post #28 of 54 Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 9:02 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo1137
Not very bright, kind of stupid but I don't think he is retarded.
Seems pretty average IQ-wise, but he does seem to have good values, so who cares how smart he is? Better that than being a genius without morals.

2013 BMW K1600GLT (I love this bike!)...
2005 BMW K1200LT, a/k/a "Fat Bottomed Girl" (traded for 2013 K1600GLT)...
1998 Honda VFR800, the finest sport/tourer ever created...
1978 Yamaha DT400E, because I just can't leave the sound of a two-stroke behind...
post #29 of 54 Old Sep 5th, 2011, 1:22 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,

Definitely NOT a "retard." To much creativity and master craftsmanship to be a retard. I suppose you guys could be thinking more of an idiot savant ? A dude who's an 'effin' genius at one or even several things and a retard at everything else.....

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
post #30 of 54 Old Sep 5th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
Definitely NOT a "retard." To much creativity and master craftsmanship to be a retard. I suppose you guys could be thinking more of an idiot savant ? A dude who's an 'effin' genius at one or even several things and a retard at everything else.....
I don't see him as a great bike builder. The bikes all look the same except for a logo here and there. He has a guy that builds for him (Vinnie) and a guy that does the paint (Nubby). So, what is left for Paul Jr. to do?
If it wasn't for the caustic chemistry between him and his dad you would never had heard about him. IMHO.
post #31 of 54 Old Sep 5th, 2011, 11:35 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by missusfinz
I don't see him as a great bike builder. The bikes all look the same except for a logo here and there. He has a guy that builds for him (Vinnie) and a guy that does the paint (Nubby). So, what is left for Paul Jr. to do?
If it wasn't for the caustic chemistry between him and his dad you would never had heard about him. IMHO.
You've obviously not watched the show much. You're thinking or SENIOR. Junior does much of the design and actual fabrication of the bike.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
post #32 of 54 Old Sep 6th, 2011, 9:50 pm

That type of bike makes me yawn.
What a useless piece of crap.
Do i sound angry?

2013 K1600GT
1967 R50/2
1965 Honda Sport 50
1943 Harley WLC Civy
post #33 of 54 Old Sep 7th, 2011, 8:38 am

I always thought the progression of the show would of had them throwing feces at each other.

I apologize to any Monkeys out there, I know your IQ is higher.
post #34 of 54 Old Sep 7th, 2011, 11:38 am

The last episode has Mikey putting a bullet in Senior's head and getting off with a temporary insanity defense due to extreme abuse from his father. Junior takes him in and they live happily ever after.

2013 BMW K1600GLT (I love this bike!)...
2005 BMW K1200LT, a/k/a "Fat Bottomed Girl" (traded for 2013 K1600GLT)...
1998 Honda VFR800, the finest sport/tourer ever created...
1978 Yamaha DT400E, because I just can't leave the sound of a two-stroke behind...
post #35 of 54 Old Sep 8th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Garage

You couldn't pay me to watch the show. The lowest common denominator of what, I don't even know.
2 tatooed apes? Or are they gorillas.
And those ridiculous bikes they cobble together? None of them are road worthy. So why even bother? Gaudy monstrosities, not riding machines.
And all that cussing and profanity, and threatened violence? Pure garbage.
I watched about 3 minutes once, and thought what the others said. What does this say about the american culture. Assuming there ever was such a thing.
dc
post #36 of 54 Old Sep 8th, 2011, 10:59 pm

No "spleen venting" here, as the OP asked who watched the show as well as who had the better bike build.

Crap bikes. Crap show. Don't watch.

And the popularity of such trash makes me believe that way more than 1/2 of the people you meet are below average.

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
post #37 of 54 Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Jr's bike is sharp. Not something i would buy but i do appreciate the styling.

Sr is crazy like a fox. I'd bet a paycheck the drama is made for TV.

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)
post #38 of 54 Old Sep 9th, 2011, 1:14 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David13
You couldn't pay me to watch the show. The lowest common denominator of what, I don't even know.
2 tatooed apes? Or are they gorillas.
And those ridiculous bikes they cobble together? None of them are road worthy. So why even bother? Gaudy monstrosities, not riding machines.
I watched about 3 minutes once, and thought what the others said. What does this say about the american culture. Assuming there ever was such a thing.
dc
It shows that you can be ridiculously talented and yet remain total White trash!

post #39 of 54 Old Sep 9th, 2011, 7:14 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_menton
No "spleen venting" here, as the OP asked who watched the show as well as who had the better bike build.

Crap bikes. Crap show. Don't watch.

And the popularity of such trash makes me believe that way more than 1/2 of the people you meet are below average.

- Bob
Half the people you meet are below the median.

No cigars please.
post #40 of 54 Old Sep 9th, 2011, 8:42 am

Garage

More than half. He says more than half. And I think what he means is a whole lot more than half.
I think what he means is this thing called 'american culture' if there ever was any such thing has become the lowest common denominator of all possibilities.
Spleen venting is not a medical term. It's an idiom. And it has to do with transferred anger. Not an expression of taste.
Let me give an example. A 'what if'. What if I fell into a sewer? A septic tank? Would I be angry? Probably not. I may laugh about the stupidity of it. Would I be dirty? Probably.
And that's what I felt like after watching 3 or 4 minutes of that show. Or most of the tv available here today.
dc
post #41 of 54 Old Sep 9th, 2011, 9:36 am

Quote:
More than half. He says more than half. And I think what he means is a whole lot more than half.
What does that have to do with the mean?

No cigars please.
post #42 of 54 Old Sep 9th, 2011, 9:56 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse
What does that have to do with the mean?
I think he "means" to say half the population is below average.

post #43 of 54 Old Sep 9th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
I think he "means" to say half the population is below average.

No cigars please.
post #44 of 54 Old Sep 13th, 2011, 11:28 am

I've caught the show a couple times.... I don't believe the Jr or Sr have any true talent! They just surround their self’s with talent!
Anyone can tack a couple nuts on a bike and bolt on a craftsman wrench or a piece of steel from the trade centers... where's the talent in that?
The real talent is in the chrome platers or the painters that do those great jobs on the bikes... you can chrome plate a turd and it would look good enough to wear on a chain!
I think that kinda describes the show... a chrome plated turd!

Randy

47' Schwinn Whizzer H
50' Roadmaster Cycletruck Whizzer J
67' T-100R Triumph Tiger
83' CT100 Honda Trail
86' TR200 Honda Fat Cat
94' FLHR Harley Roadking
04' Von Dutch Cruel World
04' 1200KLT BMW
05' AN400 Suzuki Burgman
06' 250 Aprilla Scarabeo
07' 125 Yamaha Vino
11' Victory Vision

Not enough room to list the "sold" bikes....

post #45 of 54 Old Nov 19th, 2011, 10:26 am

Quote:
You couldn't pay me to watch the show. The lowest common denominator of what, I don't even know. 2 tatooed apes? Or are they gorillas.
I watched about 3 minutes once, and thought what the others said.
dc

+1

I watched it 2 or 3 times for about 5 minutes total. That was enough.....
post #46 of 54 Old Nov 20th, 2011, 8:04 am

I watched a few episodes at first. It didn't take long to get tired of it. I'm not impressed by bar bikes no matter how much they cost. I see a few around town and they are a joke. It didn't make me want to find some ape hangers and screamin' eagle pipes for my LT.
I liked Jr.'s bike. It was a nice looking bike and it did what they asked for. All of Sr's bike look the same, bobber garbage. He has no vision. He's stuck in the time when he actually had functioning brain cells.
Reality TV is mindless garbage. TV used to be a vast wasteland. Now it's just a sewer for the mind..........

2006 R1200RT
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue
2003 K1200LTE Black
Totaled Oct 2, 2010
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
Most of us would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
post #47 of 54 Old Nov 24th, 2011, 6:16 am

I used to watch Amercian Chopper until I noticed that in terms of originality after the fifth episode it was basically all the same thing. I think the only 'unique' design was the bike with the lawnmower engine...and that wasn't that different. Sure what they make is not to everyone's taste, even so they can't seem to get anyway from the kicked-out forks and long narrow look.

1999 BMW K1200LT "Galatea"
1976 MERCEDES-BENZ 280S "Lady Genevieve"
1993 MERCEDES-BENZ S320 "Lady Audrey"
post #48 of 54 Old Nov 24th, 2011, 7:06 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin280s
I used to watch Amercian Chopper until I noticed that in terms of originality after the fifth episode it was basically all the same thing. I think the only 'unique' design was the bike with the lawnmower engine...and that wasn't that different. Sure what they make is not to everyone's taste, even so they can't seem to get anyway from the kicked-out forks and long narrow look.
What about the first CNG bike for Chesapeake Energy?
http://www.truebluenaturalgas.org/or...ads-out-there/

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
post #49 of 54 Old Nov 24th, 2011, 7:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
What about the first Natual Gas bike for chesapeake energy?
http://www.truebluenaturalgas.org/or...ads-out-there/
I didn't see this episode, it must have been after I stopped watching the show.

1999 BMW K1200LT "Galatea"
1976 MERCEDES-BENZ 280S "Lady Genevieve"
1993 MERCEDES-BENZ S320 "Lady Audrey"
post #50 of 54 Old Nov 24th, 2011, 3:18 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Lucky us they will air a few more episodes!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in