Ozarks - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old May 8th, 2011, 7:37 am Thread Starter

Ozarks

We're going on a little cruise the week following Memorial Day.Leaving from Mpls..Any must see's on the way,route suggestions ,or best roads not to miss in the Ozark Mountains?Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Jeff Bokusky

Shoreview ,Mn.

2001 K1200LT ---
1973 Harley FLH 96 c.i.
1948 Harley EL 88 c.i.
1985 kawasaki KX250
1993 honda XR 200--
1978 Triumph Bonneville
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old May 8th, 2011, 10:28 am
cwo

Re: Ozarks

Howdy

Just got back from the Ozarks on Thurs. We stayed at a Motel in Kimberling City, MO., that caters to motorcycle riders. The owners are great people and have riding maps that range from 2-8 hours. Lots of good riding in that area.

Chris Ogle

Life is ephemeral. Don't waste it lookin up big words.
post #3 of 8 Old May 8th, 2011, 10:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefMn
We're going on a little cruise the week following Memorial Day.Leaving from Mpls..Any must see's on the way,route suggestions ,or best roads not to miss in the Ozark Mountains?Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Miles and miles of awesome m/c roads in the Ozarks. Just grab a map of the lower MO and upper AR areas and you'll start drooling!! A fav road of mine, that wuz shared with me by Gary and Mary Droege up in KC area, is MO 125. We used to have a morning tour of the Bass Pro shop in Springfield; then lunch south of Branson in Ozark at 'Lambert's, the Home of the Throwed Rolls'. After lunch, a short run east over to MO 125 and head south. Minimal traffic (we've only done it on weekends) and plenty of sweeping and swooping curves and topo changes. You'll get to load first on a short ferry barge across a lake Bull Shoals waterway, and continue on into AR. Run west thru Harrison on 62 and spend some time over in Eureka Springs. If you need to m/c window shop, or you need any m/c goodies, run over to Bentonville BMW in .... yep, Bentonville .... and have a chat with Denise and say "Hi" from us Tejas Hill Country hoodlums. 62 is also the road outta E.S. over to Rogers AR and up to Bentonville. It'll get your adrenaline pump working. On the way back to E.S., stop by the Pea Ridge National Military Park and tour the Civil War Battle area which secured MO for the Union in 1862. Now stay tuned for some other suggestions from folks in the area. Have a great vacation.

post #4 of 8 Old May 8th, 2011, 12:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Miles and miles of awesome m/c roads in the Ozarks. Just grab a map of the lower MO and upper AR areas and you'll start drooling!! A fav road of mine, that wuz shared with me by Gary and Mary Droege up in KC area, is MO 125. We used to have a morning tour of the Bass Pro shop in Springfield; then lunch south of Branson in Ozark at 'Lambert's, the Home of the Throwed Rolls'. After lunch, a short run east over to MO 125 and head south. Minimal traffic (we've only done it on weekends) and plenty of sweeping and swooping curves and topo changes. You'll get to load first on a short ferry barge across a lake Bull Shoals waterway, and continue on into AR. Run west thru Harrison on 62 and spend some time over in Eureka Springs. If you need to m/c window shop, or you need any m/c goodies, run over to Bentonville BMW in .... yep, Bentonville .... and have a chat with Denise and say "Hi" from us Tejas Hill Country hoodlums. 62 is also the road outta E.S. over to Rogers AR and up to Bentonville. It'll get your adrenaline pump working. On the way back to E.S., stop by the Pea Ridge National Military Park and tour the Civil War Battle area which secured MO for the Union in 1862. Now stay tuned for some other suggestions from folks in the area. Have a great vacation.
Just about anywhere in the Arkansas/Mo. area are really good. Came back through there a couple of years ago on the LT and rode state highways all the way, except when I headed towards St. Louis. Roads are in exceptional good shape...especially when you compare them to Illinois roads. Linda Lou is retiring in 8 1/2 days and we may have to hit the Ozarks on the bike this summer. Not that far from here. Enjoy your ride.

BMW 1200 LTC 2002

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates
post #5 of 8 Old May 8th, 2011, 7:44 pm

Hello Jeff

Dick is on the money ,MO 125 is a very good ride ,from Springfield MO to Yellville AK everything that the Tail of the Dragon is but longer and less traffic and plus a free ferry boat ride , it runs about every 30 minutes daylight hours only (last free ferry in AK)

Best Regards

Bob G
post #6 of 8 Old May 8th, 2011, 8:42 pm

OK, Just so you'll know these guys ain't lyin'....

The late Jeff Egan (RIP Jeff ) Introduced us to that road on one of the Peckergnat Reunions..

We didn't see a single LEO all day and the Texas gang rides like banshee's.....

But wear your riding shoes.. It's a blast to ride but will require your full attention... When we stopped for a break I was starting to get a little motion sickness...Too fun....

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #7 of 8 Old May 8th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Keep in mind that many areas around the Mississippi River are in flood right now. If your travels take you close to the flood areas, you may find issues finding lodging or fuel (due to power outages), for example.
post #8 of 8 Old May 10th, 2011, 6:07 am Thread Starter

Smile Re: Ozarks

Thanks guys.Perzackly what I was looking for.

Jeff Bokusky

Shoreview ,Mn.

2001 K1200LT ---
1973 Harley FLH 96 c.i.
1948 Harley EL 88 c.i.
1985 kawasaki KX250
1993 honda XR 200--
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in