Blah! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Apr 18th, 2011, 11:52 am Thread Starter

Blah!

A few weeks ago I got my first pairs of progressive lens bifocals. I had been wearing contact lenses, the one for distance and one for close kind. My primary glasses have transitions lenses. Yes I know they don't change in cars but they change nicely while riding, even behind a clear faceshield. My 2nd pair on the BOGO deal was sunglasses. The sunglasses have polarized lenses. I've worn polarized before so know biggie. My wife convinced me to try them on the bike. So today to gas up for a trip I used them. BLAH! I knew about the chance of washing out LCD screens. But rainbow effect of the faceshield , the windshield, and anything LCD was distracting. It even changed depending on the part of the progressive lens I looked through.

No polarized for me thank you. I'll stick with my transitions or non-polarized.

BTW I love the polarized in the car or on the water.

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Apr 18th, 2011, 1:39 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Blah!

Quote:
BTW I love the polarized in the car or on the water
+1

Hi , I too have some polarized sun glasses . I have had them for years . I use to use them for trout fishing , but I quite fishing a long time ago . Now I mostly use them now on long car or in the motorhome . They are great on cutting down glare off the water ,& are helpfully in snow too . I haven't used them much on my motorcycles . I use a few schubert helmets on my different motorcycles . They have built in sun shade things , so I'm good on the motorcycle .

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in