BMW or other dealers in Las Vegas that allow demo/tests? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Feb 7th, 2011, 9:17 am Thread Starter

BMW or other dealers in Las Vegas that allow demo/tests?

Hey guys,

Got a buddy going to Vegas for a trade show. Not taking his bike, but wanting to RIDE in Nevada so he can cross that one off his list. He rides a Gold wing regularly. I told him to find a BMW dealer as most allow tests/demo rides. Or maybe a HD dlr as an alternative. Plus I told him to pick me up a BMW Tshirt from a dlr out there, even though I know it doesn't really count if I didn't ride there myself - no chance of that happening in my lifetime probably.

Any of yas know of dlr in the vega area that will allow him to "test/demo" for free or cheaper than renting a bike?

Thanks
Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Feb 11th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Re: BMW or other dealers in Las Vegas that allow demo/tests?

This seems kind of unfair. Some guy coming in to a dealership saying he wants to demo a bike. Then taking it for a ride around the state with no intention to buy. I know how I would feel as a dealer if some guy racked up miles on one of my bikes with the only intention of saving a few bucks on rental.
post #3 of 7 Old Feb 12th, 2011, 7:18 am Thread Starter

Sure. But I know my buddy and I know he'll probably explain his intentions in full detail. And he usually charms or bores folks til they give in. Not like anyone has offered up anything anyway. SO it would seem to be a moot point. I had forgotten about the post myself.

But as a dealer they probably see tons of folks come in doing similar - why do you think the lines to demo at rallies are so long? I know my buddy well enough to know he won;t misrepresent anything. And honestly, he rides in excess of 20K per year, does LD riding, etc. So it's possible he could be a BMW customer. DO you turn someone away just on the thought that they likely won;t buy? Or do you try to sell them something.

I tried to do a faovr for a friend. Sorry to offend you. I guess he'll have to look up dealers himself when he gets there, or even look on the 'net beforehand. Guess I shoulda done that myself. Not like you can't read innumerable posts on here about us BMW riders trying to do something on the cheap or for free.

Thanks for calling me out.
Randy

post #4 of 7 Old Feb 12th, 2011, 8:57 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk1200lt
This seems kind of unfair. Some guy coming in to a dealership saying he wants to demo a bike. Then taking it for a ride around the state with no intention to buy. I know how I would feel as a dealer if some guy racked up miles on one of my bikes with the only intention of saving a few bucks on rental.
+1

Neither the OP nor his buddy seems to know how to search for "BMW motorcycle Las Vegas" on the web. Ditto with Harley-Davidson.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bmw+motorcycle+las+vegas

Even though his buddy "would explain his intentions", I note that the BMW dealer there is also a rental agency. No doubt much of their rental business covers visitors that rent a bike for a day or part of a day during their stay in Las Vegas. The Harley-Davidson dealership is also a rental agency.

It is up to the dealers whether they want to turn down an opportunity from a "possible BMW customer" who rides a lot, but I wouldn't be surprised if they meet 20 possible BMW customers every day who are visiting in town. I suspect that they are much more inclined to give test rides to visitors with local addresses on their drivers licenses, but who knows, your buddy may get lucky.

The Harley-Davidson motorcycle dealer is off the Strip, but there is a Harley-Davidson Cafe on the Strip, which caters to tourists looking for Harley-Davidson T-shirts, jackets, memorabilia, etc. There are other similar "official" H-D stores scattered around the town.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=harley-davidson+cafe+las+vegas
post #5 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2011, 9:17 am Thread Starter

Yeah I know how to SEARCH. I THOUGHT, however mistakenly, that the fine folks here might have a polite suggestion or recommendation. If I could delete the post I would. Sorry to waste ya'lls time and mine too.

Thanks for the little bit of information provided. I was hoping someone in the area would have a recommendation.

Randy
post #6 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2011, 12:08 pm

BMW motorcycles of Las Vegas is the name. I been there and I believe it may be on the South end of town off of 215. The road is Tenaya Way. They have some nice T shirts. The day I was there they just put there 1000rr on the floor. They had no key for it yet. I just picked up some shirts and was invited to sit on the rr. They were very nice.
post #7 of 7 Old Feb 14th, 2011, 12:29 pm Thread Starter

Thanks - I passed it on, as well as the bit about them being a rental place.

Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in