No more CROSS COUNTRY RAP - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 12:39 pm Thread Starter

No more CROSS COUNTRY RAP

The Cross Country Motor Club Roadside Assistance will no longer be offered..........just got the letter in the mail.

If you have it now.....it will only run until the day your coverage expires. In my case, it's 12/11/10.

DANGNABITANYHOW.....though I've not ever had to use it...the peace of mind was nice. Keeeee Rap!

Soooooooo.....word has it that AMA and KOA/Allstate offer something similar.

Pat

Patterson/USAF1....'05 LT
and the little guy behind me is the world famous "Marty Hill"
Never look into a lazer with the remaining eye
363K on BMW's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 12th, 2010, 1:18 pm

Re: No more CROSS COUNTRY RAP

That is truly a bummer. I had a great experience with them when my GT broke down in Nevada. Really great.
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 6:38 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Now YOUR insurance carrier may not be using Cross Country any more but Cross Country is NOT going away. Just like last year when BMW warranty switched from CC to Allstate. CC is one of the 3 largest roadside providers in the US. Trust me I do a LOT of work for Cross Country.

Stevie Shreeve

Old Nov 13th, 2010, 6:40 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
Now YOUR insurance carrier may not be using Cross Country any more but Cross Country is NOT going away. Just like last year when BMW warranty switched from CC to Allstate. CC is one of the 3 largest roadside providers in the US. Trust me I do a LOT of work for Cross Country.

Positive experiences from CC are due to great service providers like yourself. Unfortunately, CC doesn't provide the same level of service when it is them providing it. I'm talking about the payment of supplemental services and reimbursement to the contract holder (the customer). From that standpoint, complaints are many.
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 9:34 am

I have most of my bikes with Safeco. When I had a tire go out on me near Just outside of Moab on a Sunday afternoon. Safeco towed me to the nearest BMW dealer(Grand Junction Co) no charge. The driver told me it would cost over $450.00. (110 miles or so). I found a dealer that was open on Monday and he detoured me there and dropped me and my gear at a hotel. I was very happy with the service.

Ron
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 10:17 am

I signed up for the Good Sam Emergency Roadside Assistance before my trip last May to Seattle area. They cover motorcycles, and will tow you to a dealer that can make repairs no matter how far (quote: 5 miles or 5000 miles to a BMW dealer).
So many other ERA plans that I checked into or had (like, AAA) limited the milage that they would tow. Unfortunately or should I say fortunately, I had you be towed to Reno BMW when my final drive went.

Jim G - Rochester, MN
BMW MOA #123976
2000 K1200LTC
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 11:38 am
Lifetime Supporter

I have roadside assistance with my AMA membership. It used to cover 75 miles per tow but now is only 35 miles. I may have to invest in a more robust plan. I rarely stay within 35 miles of home or my nearest BMW dealer.

Benny C. (Central Texas)
2001 LTC Pacific Blue (Babe...the blue ox)
1986 Kawasaki Concours (Connie) sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in