HI rental question - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Nov 9th, 2010, 10:38 am Thread Starter

HI rental question

So I cannot keep it quiet any longer. I AM GOING TO KONA, HI TOMORROW!! I plan on renting a M/C while there so I can at least get HI on my state map. At this point I have only found HD dealer that has HD and smaller Japanese Bikes. Does anyone have any knowledge of the MC rental market there? Rental comes with helmet, jacket and insurance. Tried to figure out how to get the LT there but the cost and water became too much of a problem.

So that means I have only one more state to add to my map and that means planing a month trip in the next couple of years to get it done.

Rob Asay
99 Canyon Red Lt
"The True Red Dragon"
1982 Honda "Silver Wing"
1986 Gold Wing Interstate "Blue Babe"
1978 Gold Wing
1976 Kawasaki 900
1967 Honda 305 Scrambler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Nov 9th, 2010, 12:37 pm

Smile Re: HI rental question

Rob, go see the volcano at night, rangers are not out, and you can get a bit closer than what is allowed during the day. that is if you have time to see all the sights.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old Nov 9th, 2010, 5:03 pm Thread Starter

Re: HI rental question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldan2
Rob, go see the volcano at night, rangers are not out, and you can get a bit closer than what is allowed during the day. that is if you have time to see all the sights.
I was close to the volcano in Costa Rica a few years ago. I think I would like to stay close to the room and be partaking of a few adult beverages, Oh say around the jacuzzi or pool.

Rob Asay
99 Canyon Red Lt
"The True Red Dragon"
1982 Honda "Silver Wing"
1986 Gold Wing Interstate "Blue Babe"
1978 Gold Wing
1976 Kawasaki 900
1967 Honda 305 Scrambler

post #4 of 4 Old Nov 9th, 2010, 6:17 pm

Re: HI rental question

Quote:
Originally Posted by robasay
Does anyone have any knowledge of the MC rental market there? Rental comes with helmet, jacket and insurance. Tried to figure out how to get the LT there but the cost and water became too much of a problem.
Yeppir... and no sir... You get the bike... and that's it... unless you can sweet talk the gal behind the counter to provide you with a very uncomfortable pot lid.... I'd take your own bucket and jacket... Helmet laws in HI do not exist... sort of... There are supplemental insurance polices available, of course at a greatly inflated price. You do better to check with your own company.

Do yourself one favor... Find out how much gas is in the tank... They do not require folks to "fill 'er up" and relying on a counter person to tell you "Yep, she's full up and ready to go" can leave you stranded 20 miles from a gas stop. Also check to make sure the fuel valve is on normal and not reserve (guys hit reserve, fill it up and forget to turn it to normal). DAMHIK...

And one other thing... Walk the bike and take pictures... Cell phone is OK. And make sure the rental stud is there with you. Nothing like getting hammered for a fix for something that was there when you got acquainted with the steed.

just my $.02....

just sayin'...

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in