Oh yeah... this is what it's about..... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jun 1st, 2010, 10:03 am Thread Starter

Oh yeah... this is what it's about.....

It's been a while since I've had a chance to go for a fun ride. Last year, I don't think I rode two tanks of gas out of the LT. I think it's been two years since the wife & I went anywhere on the bike.

Yesterday, (Memorial Day) our kids had to go to school (but the school board did NOT touch their beloved spring break - a whole other story for a different time/place). SO the wife had been hinting about riding. She dressed in riding clothes so I knew she still had the idea. We looked at the weather and chose the LEAST likely rainy ride.

Went for a 200 mile ride to find some BBQ in ROanoke VA. Rode backroads up there. About 30 minutes in, I started remembering why I liked to ride a motorcycle. Cruising thru the mountains at a leisurely pace, sweeping thru some gentle curves, hoo yeah.

Found a nice little BBQ place (Pitt Boss BBQ). Had lunch and had to hurry home to be in time to pick up kids at school. Caught some rain, got a little wet - gotta love the LT in the rain. And it was a hard rain for a few miles.

But what a nice little short trip. It's hard to find riding time with 3 kids and everything we got going on. But that was nice. Have to try it again sometime. Especially after teaching an MSF class all weekend, it was nice to have MOnday off and be able to just ride and not have to take the VAN.

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jun 1st, 2010, 10:07 am

Re: Oh yeah... this is what it's about.....

sure beats being on "pharmaceuticals"..

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Jun 1st, 2010, 10:33 am Thread Starter

Re: Oh yeah... this is what it's about.....

yup. And the LT handles so effortlessly, it's even better. I was being cautious since it had been so long since I had been on a good ride. The LT took care of me and asked me kindly to push it a little more.

Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in