e-mototires? And, why all these dealers in Arizona? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Mar 15th, 2010, 12:14 pm Thread Starter

e-mototires? And, why all these dealers in Arizona?

Did anyone here deal with e-mototires?

They seem to have a good deal on ME880's for the K12LT - but I have no idea if it is a real outfit.
Usually, I try to call up an on-line retailer first, just to see if it they actually do exist; this one has no info on location nor a contact phone number.

I did a search on the domain name - e-mototires com is shared with swmotorubber.com:
IHM, LLC, 3444 East Grant Road, Tucson, Arizona 85716
This double name and lack of real contact makes me suspicious... Any feedback from forum members?

And, on unrelated issue - why are all discount tire places in AZ? Interesting, isn't it?

For example, americanmototire.com (even though registered in Sunnyvale, CA), is based in Scottsdale, AZ (and that is a real outfit, I dealt with them for many years).

Long-time favorite Southwest Mototires (swmototires.com) is in Tucson, AZ.

And, then, of course, there is the cybersquatter hoping for your typo, pretending to be in the Southwest: swmototire.com (singular vs. plural).

Is the Arizona climate particularly beneficial for tires, or what? Like the so-called Arizona cars held up in the Northeast as the paragon of being rust-free...

Robert in Northern NJ

'09 R12GS, '08 R12RT, '03 R1150RT, '01 F650GS - time to thin the herd?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Mar 15th, 2010, 12:29 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Re: e-mototires? And, why all these dealers in Arizona?

Doesn't matter who you buy from... as all my tires have been drop shipped from Parts Unlimited's warehouse regardless of who I ordered them from over the last 6 years. They even left the wholesale invoice stuck in one of the tires once.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Mar 15th, 2010, 1:02 pm Thread Starter

That is a good point - now that you pointed it out, indeed, I remember seeing PU stickers all over.

What I am worried about, though, is sending a payment to a non-existent company, an Internet troll - that is why I wondered if anyone used e-mototires.

Robert in Northern NJ

post #4 of 5 Old Mar 15th, 2010, 2:15 pm
Lifetime Supporter

e-mototires and swmotorubber are the same, the mail order arm of Iron Horse BMW in Tucson. Same address. Great shop and good place to get tires. Why two names? I don't know for sure, but I seem to recall they started with swmotorubber, and there was confusion or legal issues with SWmototires. Also in Tucson and even on the same street.
The company that recently bought SWmototires, the Honda dealer in Tucson, went TU, but I don't know what happened to the tire side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwalker
Did anyone here deal with e-mototires?

They seem to have a good deal on ME880's for the K12LT - but I have no idea if it is a real outfit.
Usually, I try to call up an on-line retailer first, just to see if it they actually do exist; this one has no info on location nor a contact phone number.

I did a search on the domain name - e-mototires com is shared with swmotorubber.com:
IHM, LLC, 3444 East Grant Road, Tucson, Arizona 85716
This double name and lack of real contact makes me suspicious... Any feedback from forum members...

Motor On ,/'

post #5 of 5 Old Mar 15th, 2010, 3:33 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkersh1
e-mototires and swmotorubber are the same, the mail order arm of Iron Horse BMW in Tucson. Same address. ...
Hey, thanks! This is the info I was looking for - now I can place the order with them. I was a bit worried.

Robert in Northern NJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in