2008 Kawasaki Concours - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 14th, 2010, 8:48 pm Thread Starter

2008 Kawasaki Concours

I looked at a Connie today, 2008 with 13K miles, $8K. Should test ride Saturday if rain stays away. The BIG question is....Will MissE like the ride?

any comments, or suggestions.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 15th, 2010, 12:28 am
Super Moderator

Re: 2008 Kawasaki Concours

Take her along and go for a spin with her. Easiest way to get her addicted if you like it!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #3 of 9 Old Jan 15th, 2010, 8:36 am Thread Starter

That's the plan, we are to test ride tomorrow morning! If it goes down for the right price, I may buy it anyway and get a touring bike for the two of us, if I could make the sale to Miss E, LOL

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 15th, 2010, 3:01 pm

Test ride summer time to actually see how much heat it puts out to the rider.

I test rode it summer time in AZ, it was definitely a NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGILLS2
I looked at a Connie today, 2008 with 13K miles, $8K. Should test ride Saturday if rain stays away. The BIG question is....Will MissE like the ride?

any comments, or suggestions.

Matt Kas

13 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
12 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Pearl White

Laguna Niguel, Southern California (South Orange County)
"Riding Year around"

post #5 of 9 Old Jan 15th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Just a guess but if she really likes to ride she will like it at least with a bigger than stock windshield. I was at the dealer today and they were getting a 2010 set up. I watched it ridden around the lot. It was quiet enough for most passengers I would think. Good luck.
post #6 of 9 Old Jan 24th, 2010, 11:53 am

I plan on test riding the new Concours at some point just to affirm what I already suspect. Which is that I do not believe it is a bike with any serious touring capability. Fuel tank is too small for starters.
post #7 of 9 Old Jan 24th, 2010, 3:07 pm

I put 50 miles on a demo right before Christmas. I was ready to purchase my Christmas present and thought that it might be the Connie with ABS. It's much lighter and more nimble than my LT, but the seating position is slightly forward and puts pressure on the forearms/wrists. More than 50 miles, I think it would apply pressure to the tailbone. The seams in the concrete interstate, got to be pretty annoying by the time my ride was done. Wind protection was much better than I anticipated. The air moved around me even with such a small windshield. The wind was directly across my hands, which wouldn't be a bad thing in warm weather.

As I've told my wife many times, I haven't found anything I like as much as I like the LT.

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 24th, 2010, 4:46 pm
Enjoy The Ride

Well Floyd heres my 2 cents worth. You might have gotten away with a Concours or any other bike for that matter IF Mrs. E hadn't ever rode on the back of your LT. You probably only have realistically 3 choices. The American made vibrator, the Japanese made wing or the now no longer made LT. I,m not sure if there are any other bikes out there made from the factory with a backrest for the passenger & with ample storage.

My wife seldom ever rides with me. If she was going with me on long trips I would consider her comfort over mine. The last thing I would want at the end of a good days ride would be my wife complaining & if she was uncomfortable I wouldn't enjoy the ride. After all vacations should be relaxing & enjoyable.

Good luck with your decision.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #9 of 9 Old Jan 24th, 2010, 5:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman
Well Floyd heres my 2 cents worth. You might have gotten away with a Concours or any other bike for that matter IF Mrs. E hadn't ever rode on the back of your LT. You probably only have realistically 3 choices. The American made vibrator, the Japanese made wing or the now no longer made LT. I,m not sure if there are any other bikes out there made from the factory with a backrest for the passenger & with ample storage.

My wife seldom ever rides with me. If she was going with me on long trips I would consider her comfort over mine. The last thing I would want at the end of a good days ride would be my wife complaining & if she was uncomfortable I wouldn't enjoy the ride. After all vacations should be relaxing & enjoyable.

Good luck with your decision.
That pretty well sums it up Floyd...................

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in