Riding gear differences - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Nov 19th, 2009, 11:40 am Thread Starter

Riding gear differences

My old beemer bike club (west penn60) sent this link about different style riding apparel. It was cute but one of the commenter's had a different group. How many of us fit this? So far I can't grow much facial hair (Native American genetics) and I need some more electronics, but otherwise I'm getting their.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...ers-a-gui.html

Comment that I was mentioning:
Anti-Class Elitist

Bike: BMW. Only a BMW. Forever. Saddlebags festooned with stickers from every known town that you've ridden through that sells a sticker. The more road grime the better. Add every possible electronic gadget known to man to the point where you have to change the front suspension settings to handle the extra weight.
Helmet: Only an approved modular will do. Nolan, Schuberth, Roof, Shoei. The jury is still out on Scorpion as not enough research has been done yet. Motoman sticker required.
Apparel: Aerostich one piece suit in any lurid combination combo that matches nothing on the known planet and never will. Drag said suit through a dusty field and spray with BMW Spray On Bug Guts before wearing.
Attitude: Disdain. Nobody rides farther than you and you can prove it by the stickers, dusty suit and spray on bugs. Car drivers are the devil and should be banned from cell-phone use. By the way, let me show you my new Scala Rider.
Facial hair: Big bushy moustache.
Tattoos: You must be joking.
Facial Expression. Grimace. After all, you've ridden 11,000 miles before breakfast.
Breakfast. Weekly meeting at semi-greasy spoon where the group ALWAYS sits at the same table and fills it from from one end to the other based on arrival time.
Eyewear. Flip down inner visor.
Bitch: If she rides with you, she has a contrasting lurid suit but it's much cleaner. Most of the time, she stays home because you said so.
Footwear. Badly scuffed waterproof boots. Black only and bought for comfort as you walk around the BMW rally in them with a pair of shorts and floppy, khaki, stringed hat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Nov 19th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Re: Riding gear differences

Damn. Who saw me and wrote me up?

But... I just tried polishing my boots the other week. Did not work?

Robert in Northern NJ

'09 R12GS, '08 R12RT, '03 R1150RT, '01 F650GS - time to thin the herd?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Nov 19th, 2009, 1:53 pm

very cute

i don't think most ppl on here dress like power rangers or pirates. when I ride I have a leather jacket and my normal clothes, jeans or dress pants, and a nolan helmet.

02 LT

post #4 of 9 Old Nov 19th, 2009, 3:53 pm

I guess I must plead guilty. Several of us went for a b'fast ride not too long ago in low 40's temps and misty rain. After about a 100 miles we stopped for some chow and took over a couple of tables. I heard one of the other diners comment aout having to "make some room for the astronauts". Helmets, gloves, rain gear, 'Stiches and other suits were flung around with great abandon. No fringe in sight...
post #5 of 9 Old Nov 19th, 2009, 6:12 pm
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveno
i don't think most ppl on here dress like power rangers or pirates.
The Aerostich Roadcrafter makes me look a little Power Ranger-esque!

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 Old Nov 19th, 2009, 8:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diolach
My old beemer bike club (west penn60) sent this link about different style riding apparel. It was cute but one of the commenter's had a different group. How many of us fit this? So far I can't grow much facial hair (Native American genetics) and I need some more electronics, but otherwise I'm getting their.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...ers-a-gui.html

Comment that I was mentioning:
Anti-Class Elitist

Bike: BMW. Only a BMW. Forever. Saddlebags festooned with stickers from every known town that you've ridden through that sells a sticker. The more road grime the better. Add every possible electronic gadget known to man to the point where you have to change the front suspension settings to handle the extra weight.
Helmet: Only an approved modular will do. Nolan, Schuberth, Roof, Shoei. The jury is still out on Scorpion as not enough research has been done yet. Motoman sticker required.
Apparel: Aerostich one piece suit in any lurid combination combo that matches nothing on the known planet and never will. Drag said suit through a dusty field and spray with BMW Spray On Bug Guts before wearing.
Attitude: Disdain. Nobody rides farther than you and you can prove it by the stickers, dusty suit and spray on bugs. Car drivers are the devil and should be banned from cell-phone use. By the way, let me show you my new Scala Rider.
Facial hair: Big bushy moustache.
Tattoos: You must be joking.
Facial Expression. Grimace. After all, you've ridden 11,000 miles before breakfast.
Breakfast. Weekly meeting at semi-greasy spoon where the group ALWAYS sits at the same table and fills it from from one end to the other based on arrival time.
Eyewear. Flip down inner visor.
Bitch: If she rides with you, she has a contrasting lurid suit but it's much cleaner. Most of the time, she stays home because you said so.
Footwear. Badly scuffed waterproof boots. Black only and bought for comfort as you walk around the BMW rally in them with a pair of shorts and floppy, khaki, stringed hat.
Hmmmphhh...

I HATE stickers, keep my bike spotlessly clean, don't own a Garmin (but confess to an I-pod with 10 million songs, mostly jazz), think the stock shocks are just fine (barely), one piece full face helmet only, have only seen a Motoman figure on one of my wife's shirts - and it's doing a wheelie, wear BMW gear most of the time although I think Stich's are great if you wear a business suit underneath and don't live in Arizona, bugs? - we ain't got no steenking bugs in the Southwest (well except for years when we have locusts thick enough to drown in), Prius drivers are Beelzebub for sure, I never talk to anyone when I ride however I do talk to myself, ask lots of questions (and frequently answer), can't grow any hair on my head, but I do have enough on my back to pull it "up and over" if desired, grimace only because I have hemorrhoids, always eat breakfast before riding so I don't pass out from low blood sugar, eat mostly organic food, bitch of 16 years rides with me because I won't let her watch Oprah anymore, but only agrees to ride if she can bring 3 pairs of shoes and constantly fucks around with her hair after taking her helmet off even thought I think it looks great, I polish my black boots twice a year.

I DO, however, have many pairs of camp shorts that look pretty much alike and several floppy, khaki, stringed hats, so I guess I fit right in!

I also write probably the longest run-on sentences in the world!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #7 of 9 Old Nov 20th, 2009, 12:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3444
I heard one of the other diners comment aout having to "make some room for the astronauts".
Haha! That's funny. Did you laugh when you heard that?

BMW 1200 LTC 2002

Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates
post #8 of 9 Old Nov 20th, 2009, 8:09 am

I ride squeky clean. My years of being in some sort of uniform, military and Leo,that's the way it is for me. However I might be adding a Harley to my garage to keep the GS company. So got to get me some xxxx leathers maybe grow a beard(bald on top) get me a bitch to ride with and wash my xxxx. You know what I'm talkin bout.
OH, OH, HERE COMES MY NURSE. TIME FOR MY MEDS
post #9 of 9 Old Nov 20th, 2009, 8:23 am

My bike only has bugs on it when I get back from a ride,then it gets cleaned .I do wear all the gear,and still get comments from all my Harley friends,until one of them takes a fall,then they want to know WHERE they can get that gear. .

Vic Purvis NB4T
07RT

Alabaster,Al.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in