"POLITE"/Police Decals - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old Oct 8th, 2009, 7:20 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,776
"POLITE"/Police Decals

I saw this on Killboy's highlights page this week. The V-Strom owner has placed a large "POLITE" decal on his windscreen. Say what you will. I just thought it was interesting, and there has been a recent discussion about this. Our own RonKMiller has commented on this from time to time.

The only question I have is regarding the legality of it. At what point are you crossing the line into impersonating-an-officer territory?

And what about the guy in the second photo? It's a real CHP RT; the owner claims it was one of 8 used in the CHiPS movie. Close-ups of the bike show the CHP decal and "California Highway Patrol" lettering on the radio box are genuine (or at least they look like it). He lives in Ohio.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	POLITE.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	24854   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1915 - Copy.JPG
Views:	2679
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	24855  

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by hschisler; Oct 8th, 2009 at 7:28 pm.
hschisler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 Old Oct 8th, 2009, 10:15 pm
Senior Member
 
WildBil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL, USA
Posts: 912
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

If I were him, I would not park or allow photographs next to the Wide Turn decal on the Truck. I sure hope he keeps those tries inflated.

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06
WildBil is offline  
post #3 of 43 Old Oct 8th, 2009, 11:22 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
shoswell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nashville, TN, United States
Posts: 1,425
Garage
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBil
If I were him, I would not park or allow photographs next to the Wide Turn decal on the Truck. I sure hope he keeps those tries inflated.
Ya got to admit.....Dat's funny right der!

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI
shoswell is offline  
 
post #4 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 4:02 am
Senior Member
 
motorman587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: , FL, USA
Posts: 2,910
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

In Florida you would be good to go. The CHP decal maybe pushing it. As long as you do not have red/blues lights showing/flashing you are fine.

Also depends on what you are doing at the time.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
motorman587 is offline  
post #5 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 7:59 am
Senior Member
 
myk_edwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England UK
Posts: 1,474
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

I think the guy in the 2nd photo needs to buy a bigger jacket,

Rgds
Mike

"For those that know, no explanation is needed,
For those that don't, no explanation is possible."

2001 K12 LT Toscana Green AKA Baby Sh*t Green
Kawasaki EN500 - been sold on!
Hardtail Chopper ( Honda CB 500 engine) in a box still!
myk_edwards is offline  
post #6 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 8:03 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spotsylvania, VA, USA
Posts: 311
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

That just seems like a bad idea all around. Legal or not, its a great way to get the attention of real cops. Personally, I don't want their attention when I'm riding by.

I don't even like the thin blue line stickers. I am not a cop. I have never been one. If I am ever stopped and I had one of those on, I would assume that a cop would ask about it. When he discovered that I was not a member of law enforcement, I would think that they would be none-too-happy about my using that sticker.

It is my goal to attract as little attention as possible from Johnny Law and if I get their attention anyway, I want it to be a positive conversation and not one where I'm having to explain stickers on my bike (or truck for that matter).
cliffy109 is offline  
post #7 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 8:21 am
Senior Member
 
blueknightga6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Acworth, GA, USA
Posts: 1,176
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk_edwards
I think the guy in the 2nd photo needs to buy a bigger jacket,
Good thing I scrolled down, I was just going to post the same comment.

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
blueknightga6 is offline  
post #8 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 8:40 am
Member
 
Doppelganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: St Petersburg, FL,
Posts: 92
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

I echo cliffy's sentiments.

This is dangerous territory. These officers are our first responders and complicating the difficult job they do for us is not in my best interest.

If I copied ANY of the markings, colors and lighting, I could very well be standing in front of a judge trying to explain the situation...IF he even wants to hear my explanation.

I ride a '99 1100RTP and I love it. I have no extra lights and only one BMWOA sticker on it.
I do have a short white helmet and a full face grey helmet. Safety reasons and heat are why I have a white helmet.

People STILL slow down, hold at side streets, use their signals, apply their seatbelts. And this bike doesn't even come close to the colors officers use around here. I can now get a glimpse of what kind of stupidity the officers see.
Doppelganger is offline  
post #9 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 10:10 am
Senior Member
 
SilverBuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: St. Petersburg, FL, USA
Posts: 3,208
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Regarding the guy with the RTP.
he might be able to get away with that in Indiana but certainly not in California and Florida.

I purchased a couple of used police Harley Davidson's (one 65 and one 66FLH)
at an auction when I lived in the Los Angeles area back in the mid 70's
it wasn't long after that I painted them,

a law was passed forbidding anyone to drive/ride a vehicle that resembled a police vehicle.
because of (I think?) the "hillside strangler" or some other nutcase
who used a cop bike/car to pull over and murder his victims

Some years later I was "pulled over" in Dunedin Florida because the front fender light on my 66HD was blue,
and you're not allowed to have anything that resembles a police vehicle.

once I cleared the "background check" he let me go with a warning and a promise
because I produced a screw driver and removed the bulb "on the spot"

This was a cop with a good attitude and a sense of humor,
he had pulled us over in front of a bar and his parting "comment" was:
you guy's are heroes here,
you could probably go in there and get anything you want.

It wasn't until a couple of years later that I understood his sarcasm, it was the town's "gay" bar!


Hans
St. Petersburg FL

2002 K1200LTE
"Silver Buffalo" Totaled 5/06
2005 LT
"Esperanza"
BushtecGenesisTrailer
"Our preferred long distance carrier"



SilverBuffalo is offline  
post #10 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 10:59 am
Senior Member
 
Razmataz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pesotum, Il, USA
Posts: 1,334
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
Regarding the guy with the RTP.


This was a cop with a good attitude and a sense of humor,
he had pulled us over in front of a bar and his parting "comment" was:
you guy's are heroes here,
you could probably go in there and get anything you want.

It wasn't until a couple of years later that I understood his sarcasm, it was the town's "gay" bar!
Hey Hans! Is this your 'coming out' message/hint to the forum?
Oh! And you didn't mention whether or not you went in the bar....inquiring minds want to know.

BMW 1200 LTC 2002


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Illinois...The Only State Where The Governors Make The License Plates
Razmataz is offline  
post #11 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 12:31 pm
Senior Member
 
DavidTaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Posts: 7,565
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

They may arrest the guy on the CHP RT for cannibalism, I think he ate the cop!

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DavidTaylor is offline  
post #12 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 8:25 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,776
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBil
If I were him, I would not park or allow photographs next to the Wide Turn decal on the Truck. I sure hope he keeps those tries inflated.
That's funny. You know, I took that photo on a big 'ole group ride sponsored by a huge Harlehy-Davidson dealer, and I've never noticed the "wide turns" sign on the semi!

What attracted me to walk over and talk with the guy was my ongoing desire to have an RT (especially an RT-P), and the fact that he had original CHP markings and lettering on it.

Even in a genuine LEO uniform this fellow could not be mistaken for an officer. Nice guy, though.


Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #13 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 9:16 pm
Senior Member
 
RonKMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 6,280
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
I saw this on Killboy's highlights page this week. The V-Strom owner has placed a large "POLITE" decal on his windscreen. Say what you will. I just thought it was interesting, and there has been a recent discussion about this. Our own RonKMiller has commented on this from time to time.

The only question I have is regarding the legality of it. At what point are you crossing the line into impersonating-an-officer territory?

And what about the guy in the second photo? It's a real CHP RT; the owner claims it was one of 8 used in the CHiPS movie. Close-ups of the bike show the CHP decal and "California Highway Patrol" lettering on the radio box are genuine (or at least they look like it). He lives in Ohio.
Howard, I have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about!

http://www.bmwlt.net/ubbthreads/show...=&view=&sb=&o=

(I think the guy with the 1 foot tall letters is asking for an interview with a local judge... who was it that said that discretion is the better part of valor?)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
RonKMiller is offline  
post #14 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 9:25 pm
Senior Member
 
RonKMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 6,280
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk_edwards
I think the guy in the 2nd photo needs to buy a bigger jacket,
Sweet Jesus! The Pillsbury Dough Boy RIDES!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	doughboy.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	24877  


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
RonKMiller is offline  
post #15 of 43 Old Oct 9th, 2009, 10:00 pm
Senior Member
 
iambob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dameron, MD, USA
Posts: 117
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk_edwards
I think the guy in the 2nd photo needs to buy a bigger jacket,
or lay off the CHiPs

2009 R1200RT Silver
2002 R1150RS Silver (SOLD!)
2003 JD 2305 Green and Yellow.
iambob is offline  
post #16 of 43 Old Oct 10th, 2009, 8:58 am
LAF
Lifetime Supporter
 
LAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Harrisburg , PA, USA
Posts: 3,041
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

While the levity is great and for sure the guy needs a new jacket, the topic is important.

From my prospective if I was a LEO and had any call to pull over any motorcycle that happened to have that sticker, even if I did not see it at first, he would have screwed the pooch with me. I would write him up and max him out on anything I could. It would just piss me off a guy would try that BS. And that would be before he ever opened his mouth.

If you put that on a shield, there is only one logical reason you would do it. To fool people. While it is a play on words, it is poor one, with only one intent.

LEO'S have been great to me and yes they have spanked my wallet, and points. BUT they have cut me slack and kept me out of big time troubles. They have discretion and how they perceive you as a safe responsible motorcyclist, and then a human being when they speak to you, that decal SCREAMS, A$$HOLE and does not make a good first impression on a LEO.

Lets not mention you come rolling down a nice back rode in ANYWHERE USA and roll up on the wrong person and you freak them out, get by them, and they see you are a Richard head, you may find you butt wheels up in a ditch.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
LAF is offline  
post #17 of 43 Old Oct 10th, 2009, 10:00 am
Senior Member
 
RVB1019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island , NY, USA
Posts: 1,733
Garage
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
What attracted me to walk over and talk with the guy was my ongoing desire to have an RT (especially an RT-P), and the fact that he had original CHP markings and lettering on it.
Bob's BMW had a lightly used custom built Caspian Blue RT-P for sale not too long ago. A guy with money to burn special ordered it from Germany lowered and full of bells and whistles. Rode it for something silly like 3,000 miles and returned it.

It was a beauty!

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RVB1019 is offline  
post #18 of 43 Old Oct 11th, 2009, 10:58 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Yeah, both of these guys are brain surgeons. A lot of people don't take kindly to police officers, etc. Why you would want to trick people into thinking you're an officer is beyond me? Who knows what could happen when they find out that you're not!

Now, the dude in pic 2 is a double moron! In addition to displaying unlawful police equipment, he's WAY, WAY exceeding the weight limit on that poor RT!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #19 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 10:42 am
Senior Member
 
motorman587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: , FL, USA
Posts: 2,910
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBuffalo
Regarding the guy with the RTP.
he might be able to get away with that in Indiana but certainly not in California and Florida.

I purchased a couple of used police Harley Davidson's (one 65 and one 66FLH)
at an auction when I lived in the Los Angeles area back in the mid 70's
it wasn't long after that I painted them,

a law was passed forbidding anyone to drive/ride a vehicle that resembled a police vehicle.
because of (I think?) the "hillside strangler" or some other nutcase
who used a cop bike/car to pull over and murder his victims

Some years later I was "pulled over" in Dunedin Florida because the front fender light on my 66HD was blue,
and you're not allowed to have anything that resembles a police vehicle.

once I cleared the "background check" he let me go with a warning and a promise
because I produced a screw driver and removed the bulb "on the spot"

This was a cop with a good attitude and a sense of humor,
he had pulled us over in front of a bar and his parting "comment" was:
you guy's are heroes here,
you could probably go in there and get anything you want.

It wasn't until a couple of years later that I understood his sarcasm, it was the town's "gay" bar!

I respectfully disagree, both of those riders would be ok in Florida, or at least if I was on patrol and saw them. They are exercising their first amendment. Maybe not the smart way, but honestly, cops have better things to do then stop people with Polite on the windshield.


You got stop because you had blue lights on your vehicle. There is a statue for that.

The 2009 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL View Entire Chapter

316.2397 Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.--

(1) No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.





Also in Florida you can have the colors of the Highway patrol.
The 2009 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 321
HIGHWAY PATROL View Entire Chapter

321.03 Imitations prohibited; penalty.--It shall be unlawful for any person or persons in the state to color or cause to be colored any motor vehicle or motorcycle the same or similar color as the color or colors so prescribed for the Florida Highway Patrol. Any person violating any of the provisions of this section or s. 321.02 with respect to uniforms, emblems, motor vehicles and motorcycles shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shall employ such clerical help and mechanics as may be necessary for the economical and efficient operation of such department.

History.--s. 3, ch. 19551, 1939; CGL 1940 Supp. 4151(617); s. 3, ch. 20451, 1941; ss. 24, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 206, ch. 71-136.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
motorman587 is offline  
post #20 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 1:21 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
Posts: 684
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

There are riders in California who are on the razor's edge of impersonating motor officers, but are still legal. They have black and white bikes, radio antennas, extra yellow turn signals on the back, "high horse" boots, clothing colors that match real uniforms, gold or white helmets, etc ... everything but the insignia and the blue/red lights in front.

They ride under or just at the speed limit in the left lanes on the freeway. They cause all kinds of traffic problems and pretend not to notice the effect they have on other drivers. The effects can ripple back for miles, especially when speeders suddenly notice them and slam on the brakes. I doubt there has been any serious study, but I suspect they are the root cause of many accidents.

I don't like them. They are cop wannabes on a power trip, who get enjoyment from causing trouble for others. I have genuine respect for true motor officers. I suspect the true motor officers view these riders like they just stepped in fresh vomit.
XMagnaRider is offline  
post #21 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 1:49 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter
 
LAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Harrisburg , PA, USA
Posts: 3,041
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

And with no disrespect intended but what if you made the stop from the rear. then walked up on to notice the screen? What would your first impression be?

I know law is the law, but there is no reason for a motorcyclist to have a reverse decal with a play on spelling/words across the top of his wind screen.

And law wise, since you can not have a decal lower then the ANSI mark of a cars windshield, would not the same thing apply? If it was in his sight line at all, would it not be an inspection/safety violation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman587
I respectfully disagree, both of those riders would be ok in Florida, or at least if I was on patrol and saw them. They are exercising their first amendment. Maybe not the smart way, but honestly, cops have better things to do then stop people with Polite on the windshield.


You got stop because you had blue lights on your vehicle. There is a statue for that.

The 2009 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL View Entire Chapter

316.2397 Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.--

(1) No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.





Also in Florida you can have the colors of the Highway patrol.
The 2009 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 321
HIGHWAY PATROL View Entire Chapter

321.03 Imitations prohibited; penalty.--It shall be unlawful for any person or persons in the state to color or cause to be colored any motor vehicle or motorcycle the same or similar color as the color or colors so prescribed for the Florida Highway Patrol. Any person violating any of the provisions of this section or s. 321.02 with respect to uniforms, emblems, motor vehicles and motorcycles shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shall employ such clerical help and mechanics as may be necessary for the economical and efficient operation of such department.

History.--s. 3, ch. 19551, 1939; CGL 1940 Supp. 4151(617); s. 3, ch. 20451, 1941; ss. 24, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 206, ch. 71-136.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
LAF is offline  
post #22 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 3:46 pm
Senior Member
 
motorman587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: , FL, USA
Posts: 2,910
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

If I saw that I would think that he was trying to pass a message towards other motorist to be "polite", toward motorcyclist.
There is no ANSI requirements under the Florida Statues, that I am I know of. And after 20 years, if I do not know a statue like that pertaining to motorcycle windshield decals than it is not important to me. Plus do you not look over the shield? Lol

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
motorman587 is offline  
post #23 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 4:45 pm
PCH
Senior Member
 
PCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 455
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider
There are riders in California who are on the razor's edge of impersonating motor officers, but are still legal. They have black and white bikes, radio antennas, extra yellow turn signals on the back, "high horse" boots, clothing colors that match real uniforms, gold or white helmets, etc ... everything but the insignia and the blue/red lights in front.

They ride under or just at the speed limit in the left lanes on the freeway. They cause all kinds of traffic problems and pretend not to notice the effect they have on other drivers. The effects can ripple back for miles, especially when speeders suddenly notice them and slam on the brakes. I doubt there has been any serious study, but I suspect they are the root cause of many accidents.

I don't like them. They are cop wannabes on a power trip, who get enjoyment from causing trouble for others. I have genuine respect for true motor officers. I suspect the true motor officers view these riders like they just stepped in fresh vomit.
I know what you mean. I have a silver 1200Rt and wear a white helmet and the reactions to that can be a little dis arming. BUT.. I wear a white helmet ( BMW flip) because it is the safest colour ( the reasons the cops do) and a fluro jacket for the same reason. If people over react to the sighting of a cop, it is probably because they are doing something unlawful, ike using a cell phone. Their problem not mine.
Don't be too quick to judge white helmets.
In regards to being the root cause of accidents, I think that is way over the top. That means Cops would be the root cause of accidents? Silly really.
best regards
best regards


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PCH
R 1200GS 2015
R 1200 RTSE 2013 90th Anniversary
R 1200 RTSE 2008 gone at 100k km
R 1100 RT 1999 Gone at 60,000 kms
Various other Japanese bikes over many years.

"Be kind to everyone, it is easier and a whole lot less trouble"
PCH is offline  
post #24 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 4:50 pm
Senior Member
 
BrianV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Conroe, TX, USA
Posts: 293
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Here's an RT-P that's DEFINTELY an impersonation, red AND blue lights.

Speeding with GoDaddy

-Brian

Brian Vandivere
2008 RT

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Thomas Jefferson



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BrianV is offline  
post #25 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 5:17 pm
Senior Member
 
mwnahas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bedford Hts, OH, USA
Posts: 4,234
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianV
Here's an RT-P that's DEFINTELY an impersonation, red AND blue lights.

Speeding with GoDaddy

-Brian
What RT?

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2019 K1600b Grand America, Blue Max.
mwnahas is online now  
post #26 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 6:45 pm
Senior Member
 
RonKMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 6,280
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman587
If I saw that I would think that he was trying to pass a message towards other motorist to be "polite", toward motorcyclist.
There is no ANSI requirements under the Florida Statues, that I am I know of. And after 20 years, if I do not know a statue like that pertaining to motorcycle windshield decals than it is not important to me. Plus do you not look over the shield? Lol
Absolutely. It pays to be very POLITE when you ride a motorcycle.

..and for anyone that would like to reinforce the notion that not all motorcycle riders are rude, inconsiderate, scofflaws that should be locked up just because they want to exercise their First Amendment rights here in AMERICA...

...you can print these on outdoor rated "bumper sticker" paper available at Staples and trim to size.

Have fun, be safe and enjoy your ride by keeping cell phone talking, texting, eating, putting on makeup, reaching over the seat and beating the kids TAILGATERS OFF YOUR BUTT!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FREE POLITE stickers for BMWLT.net members.jpg
Views:	1465
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	24906  


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
RonKMiller is offline  
post #27 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 7:09 pm
Senior Member
 
motorman587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: , FL, USA
Posts: 2,910
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Absolutely. It pays to be very POLITE when you ride a motorcycle.

..and for anyone that would like to reinforce the notion that not all motorcycle riders are rude, inconsiderate, scofflaws that should be locked up just because they want to exercise their First Amendment rights here in AMERICA...

...you can print these on outdoor rated "bumper sticker" paper available at Staples and trim to size.

Have fun, be safe and enjoy your ride by keeping cell phone talking, texting, eating, putting on makeup, reaching over the seat and beating the kids TAILGATERS OFF YOUR BUTT!

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
motorman587 is offline  
post #28 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 10:41 pm
Lifetime Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
Posts: 684
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH
I know what you mean. I have a silver 1200Rt and wear a white helmet and the reactions to that can be a little dis arming. BUT.. I wear a white helmet ( BMW flip) because it is the safest colour ( the reasons the cops do) and a fluro jacket for the same reason. If people over react to the sighting of a cop, it is probably because they are doing something unlawful, ike using a cell phone. Their problem not mine.
Don't be too quick to judge white helmets.
In regards to being the root cause of accidents, I think that is way over the top. That means Cops would be the root cause of accidents? Silly really.
best regards
best regards
I don't have anything against white helmets or people who buy used RT-Ps. What I don't like are the few riders who put on the full garb and go out of their way to match true motor officers, down to the fine details.

Real motor officers are trained, skilled riders. They are in tune with traffic patterns and avoid interfering with the flow of traffic within reason.

The poseurs I have seen will ride extra slow in the fast lanes, deliberately bating the cars around them to pass. As I stated before, the resulting traffic pileups can propagate back down the freeway. I will stand by my belief (without factual proof) that inattentive drivers occasionally collide with slow cars in front of them. Sometimes it happens when normal slowdowns occur, but it is wrong if the slowdown was deliberately caused by one these poseurs.

With my own eyes, I have seen them suddenly switch lanes, accelerate, and tailgate targeted victims trying to induce panic reactions. When the victim hits the brakes, they will swerve around the victim and gesture violently, as if the fault was entirely the victim's.

I have ridden a daily commute in urban Los Angeles traffic for 30 years. I know what I have seen. It isn't just one aberrant guy, but several of them.
XMagnaRider is offline  
post #29 of 43 Old Oct 12th, 2009, 11:45 pm
PCH
Senior Member
 
PCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 455
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

I suppose in California anything is possible. After all it is the land of actors and impersonators.
regards
PCH


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PCH
R 1200GS 2015
R 1200 RTSE 2013 90th Anniversary
R 1200 RTSE 2008 gone at 100k km
R 1100 RT 1999 Gone at 60,000 kms
Various other Japanese bikes over many years.

"Be kind to everyone, it is easier and a whole lot less trouble"
PCH is offline  
post #30 of 43 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 1:20 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman587
.....They are exercising their first amendment. Maybe not the smart way, but honestly, cops have better things to do then stop people with Polite on the windshield......
Thank you, John! Perfectly said. The "issue" will resolve itself with no police intervention necessary--well--except maybe for the "clean-up!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
What RT?
I think this thread is getting confused with the "boat" thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH
I suppose in California anything is possible. After all it is the land of actors and impersonators....
Well beyond "actors and impersonators," straight to the fruits and nuts!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jayjacobson; Oct 13th, 2009 at 1:26 am.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #31 of 43 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 7:31 am
Senior Member
 
dshealey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dandridge (Near Knoxville), TN, USA
Posts: 12,165
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider
------------------------------------------------------------------

I have ridden a daily commute in urban Los Angeles traffic for 30 years. I know what I have seen. It isn't just one aberrant guy, but several of them.
I lived in SoCal for 22 years, 7 years in LA and 15 years in San Diego until I moved to TN 2 years ago, never once saw one.

I would think that if not stopped and ticketed for looks, they certainly would be stopped for LEO type actions if seen by a LEO. The CHP is a good group, but not prone to overlook something like that.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
dshealey is offline  
post #32 of 43 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 10:01 am
Senior Member
 
RonKMiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 6,280
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider
I don't have anything against white helmets or people who buy used RT-Ps. What I don't like are the few riders who put on the full garb and go out of their way to match true motor officers, down to the fine details.

Real motor officers are trained, skilled riders. They are in tune with traffic patterns and avoid interfering with the flow of traffic within reason.

The poseurs I have seen will ride extra slow in the fast lanes, deliberately bating the cars around them to pass. As I stated before, the resulting traffic pileups can propagate back down the freeway. I will stand by my belief (without factual proof) that inattentive drivers occasionally collide with slow cars in front of them. Sometimes it happens when normal slowdowns occur, but it is wrong if the slowdown was deliberately caused by one these poseurs.

With my own eyes, I have seen them suddenly switch lanes, accelerate, and tailgate targeted victims trying to induce panic reactions. When the victim hits the brakes, they will swerve around the victim and gesture violently, as if the fault was entirely the victim's.

I have ridden a daily commute in urban Los Angeles traffic for 30 years. I know what I have seen. It isn't just one aberrant guy, but several of them.
That is just plain bizarre behavior.

I wonder what kind of weirdo gets off by doing this - must be some sort of dominance/power trip/control thing. What would Dr. Phil or maybe Dr. Drew Pinski say?

But most importantly what would John and Ponch do - and how did Erik Estrada get his teeth so incredibly WHITE??

OK - TOTAL hijack, but here's my favorite episode:

Cry Wolf


Original Airdate: 16-Feb-1978 Plot: While Ponch and Jon try to get fast food, someone calls in a non-existent accident. Ponch, Jon, Baricza, and fire trucks respond to find nothing. ...but as the near the site of the fake accident, a woman skids in the water and makes Jon fall off his motorcycle. He's only scraped. After everything clears out, the officers meet back at Central to go over tactics to catch the guy phoning in the fake accidents. Later, the guy calls in a fake brush fire. The next day, the phone company has tracing equipment ready. When a possible false alarm of a helicopter crash comes in, everyone responds. They find out it's real when Ponch and Jon arrive first on the scene. After getting everyone to safety, the two officers grab a box of rare blood before the helicopter explodes. They then race to Valley General Hospital with the blood for the little boy. They get there just in time. While they're there, Jon has his scraped elbow x-rayed. Ponch helps to hook him up with the radiologist. Back at Central, Ponch informs him that he and his girlfriend Ruth will be joining him and the radiologist for dinner. At dinner, Ponch and Jon have no idea what they're ordering since everything's in French. It makes for a humorous scene. The next day, Ponch and Jon come across a car in the middle o of the road. After Ponch moves it, he sees a snake grab his ankle and realizes the door won't open. He honks the horn to get Jon's attention. Jon pulls him out as the kid comes along to get his snake. Later, that guy calls in a false alarm about a Greyhound bus accident. The call is traced and Ponch and Jon go after the caller. The guy threatens to jump off a bridge, but Ponch grabs him at the last second. That night, Ponch and Jon double date at a nice restaurant again. Ponch orders cheeseburgers and fries for everyone.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	John and Ponch.jpg
Views:	892
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	24918  


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Oct 13th, 2009 at 10:26 am.
RonKMiller is offline  
post #33 of 43 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 12:09 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter
 
LAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Harrisburg , PA, USA
Posts: 3,041
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

I respect everyone and their opinion on this. Especially the LEO's.

However if you have this on your shield you are a Richard Head, period.

I do know a group of guys from Bald Hill in my area that would make sure you were Polite as hell, if they ever found you over the mountain after your mishap.

I guess it is the principal of the thing that gets to me, as one can tell it bothers the hell out of me.

I am done, Rant off.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
LAF is offline  
post #34 of 43 Old Oct 13th, 2009, 11:03 pm
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Cry Wolf[/b]

Original Airdate: 16-Feb-1978 Plot: While Ponch and Jon try to get fast food, someone calls in a non-existent accident. Ponch, Jon, Baricza, and fire trucks respond to find nothing. ...but as the near the site of the fake accident, a woman skids in the water and makes Jon fall off his motorcycle. He's only scraped. After everything clears out, the officers meet back at Central to go over tactics to catch the guy phoning in the fake accidents. Later, the guy calls in a fake brush fire. The next day, the phone company has tracing equipment ready. When a possible false alarm of a helicopter crash comes in, everyone responds. They find out it's real when Ponch and Jon arrive first on the scene. After getting everyone to safety, the two officers grab a box of rare blood before the helicopter explodes. They then race to Valley General Hospital with the blood for the little boy. They get there just in time. While they're there, Jon has his scraped elbow x-rayed. Ponch helps to hook him up with the radiologist. Back at Central, Ponch informs him that he and his girlfriend Ruth will be joining him and the radiologist for dinner. At dinner, Ponch and Jon have no idea what they're ordering since everything's in French. It makes for a humorous scene. The next day, Ponch and Jon come across a car in the middle o of the road. After Ponch moves it, he sees a snake grab his ankle and realizes the door won't open. He honks the horn to get Jon's attention. Jon pulls him out as the kid comes along to get his snake. Later, that guy calls in a false alarm about a Greyhound bus accident. The call is traced and Ponch and Jon go after the caller. The guy threatens to jump off a bridge, but Ponch grabs him at the last second. That night, Ponch and Jon double date at a nice restaurant again. Ponch orders cheeseburgers and fries for everyone.
If you were just telling a story, Ron, noone would believe you and it would be filed under "REALLY tall tales!" BUT, I remember that episode!!!!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #35 of 43 Old Oct 14th, 2009, 1:02 am
Lifetime Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
Posts: 684
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
I lived in SoCal for 22 years, 7 years in LA and 15 years in San Diego until I moved to TN 2 years ago, never once saw one.

I would think that if not stopped and ticketed for looks, they certainly would be stopped for LEO type actions if seen by a LEO. The CHP is a good group, but not prone to overlook something like that.
I have seen various cop poseurs 5 or 6 times over 30 years. The last time was this past Thursday around noon on the 101 freeway in the San Fernando Valley. That is why it is so fresh in my mind and why I am still very annoyed. And yes, I wish a real CHP was around to see his antics and bust him.

Before that, my previous sighting was perhaps eight or ten years ago in the Pomona area; and definitely not the same guy.
XMagnaRider is offline  
post #36 of 43 Old Oct 14th, 2009, 4:21 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider
I have seen various cop poseurs 5 or 6 times over 30 years. The last time was this past Thursday around noon on the 101 freeway in the San Fernando Valley. That is why it is so fresh in my mind and why I am still very annoyed. And yes, I wish a real CHP was around to see his antics and bust him.

Before that, my previous sighting was perhaps eight or ten years ago in the Pomona area; and definitely not the same guy.
Hey X, that's my "hood." Was poser on a RT?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #37 of 43 Old Oct 14th, 2009, 10:19 pm
Senior Member
 
Chipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA
Posts: 492
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

If I would have seen something like that civilian on the RT displaying the writing on the radio box and the star, he would be removing them on the side of the road.

Bill (aka Chipper)
Elk Grove Ca.
2014 K1600GTL-E
2009 K1200LT (BLACK)-Traded In
2004 RTP Work Bike(Retired)
2002 LTE Totaled Aug/2011)
1978 H-D LowRider
1975 Honda-Goldwing
Chipper is offline  
post #38 of 43 Old Oct 15th, 2009, 8:37 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,776
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipper
If I would have seen something like that civilian on the RT displaying the writing on the radio box and the star, he would be removing them on the side of the road.
Remember, he's in Ohio. He was told it was illegal to keep the badge and lettering on the RT-P in California, but legal anywhere else.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #39 of 43 Old Oct 15th, 2009, 9:07 pm
Senior Member
 
Chipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA
Posts: 492
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
Remember, he's in Ohio. He was told it was illegal to keep the badge and lettering on the RT-P in California, but legal anywhere else.
I know he's in Ohio, I was refering if I had observed something like that here in CA.

Bill (aka Chipper)
Elk Grove Ca.
2014 K1600GTL-E
2009 K1200LT (BLACK)-Traded In
2004 RTP Work Bike(Retired)
2002 LTE Totaled Aug/2011)
1978 H-D LowRider
1975 Honda-Goldwing
Chipper is offline  
post #40 of 43 Old Oct 16th, 2009, 10:21 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter
 
hschisler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rushville, OH, USA
Posts: 7,776
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipper
I know he's in Ohio, I was refering if I had observed something like that here in CA.
Gotcha. And, I imagine most (all?) California LEOs would be fighting to do the same thing you described!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/URL]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hschisler is offline  
post #41 of 43 Old Oct 17th, 2009, 2:06 am
Lifetime Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
Posts: 684
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson
Hey X, that's my "hood." Was poser on a RT?
No, he was riding a Harley Davidson, with hard side cases that had metal protectors around them.

What I remember most was the uniform, especially the tall black boots with the pants tucked in. The color of his clothes was a perfect match for a CHP uniform.
XMagnaRider is offline  
post #42 of 43 Old Oct 17th, 2009, 2:14 am
THE Democracy Doctor
 
jayjacobson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Posts: 5,694
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider
No, he was riding a Harley Davidson, with hard side cases that had metal protectors around them.

What I remember most was the uniform, especially the tall black boots with the pants tucked in. The color of his clothes was a perfect match for a CHP uniform.
Off the top, I'd say ""motorcade/traffic control" for private funerals.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jayjacobson is offline  
post #43 of 43 Old Oct 17th, 2009, 10:10 am
Senior Member
 
Ron_Kendall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Elgin, IL, USA
Posts: 534
Garage
Re: "POLITE"/Police Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman587
If I saw that I would think that he was trying to pass a message towards other motorist to be "polite", toward motorcyclist.
There is no ANSI requirements under the Florida Statues, that I am I know of. And after 20 years, if I do not know a statue like that pertaining to motorcycle windshield decals than it is not important to me. Plus do you not look over the shield? Lol
If that was his intent, why not have "Be Polite" on his windscreen?

~ron~
"00 K1200LTC
"99 R1200C
"?? Indian Scout
"02 Uni-Go

"If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember anything"
Ron_Kendall is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reflective BMW Helmet Decals Buchnerb K1200LT 3 Jul 26th, 2007 11:27 am
Decals RaffyK Northern California 12 Jul 8th, 2007 9:05 pm
LT Decals Dmac K1200LT 18 Apr 10th, 2007 9:19 am
Decals over scratch? jruut K1200LT 3 Mar 19th, 2007 8:14 am
Free American Flag decals dalehere Chit Chat 9 Jan 31st, 2006 7:31 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome