Anyone own an 09 V-Max? Comments. - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jul 24th, 2009, 5:33 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 1,033
Anyone own an 09 V-Max? Comments.

I know a guy who has to dump an 09 V-Max for financial reasons. It would be a completely frivolous purchase, but I am strangely attracted to this monster. It certainly isn't a great touring bike or for that matter even a mediocre track bike but the beast sure does raise the adrenaline when you give the throttle a twist. Anyone here own one. What do you like and dislike about it?
ronk1200lt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old Jul 24th, 2009, 5:39 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
 
katnapinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kyle, Texas, USA
Posts: 8,597
Re: Anyone own an 09 V-Max? Comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk1200lt
I know a guy who has to dump an 09 V-Max for financial reasons. It would be a completely frivolous purchase, but I am strangely attracted to this monster. It certainly isn't a great touring bike or for that matter even a mediocre track bike but the beast sure does raise the adrenaline when you give the throttle a twist. Anyone here own one. What do you like and dislike about it?
Send a PM to Randy , He has a V-Max but I'm not sure if it is a 08 or 09.

Stevie Shreeve
katnapinn is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old Jul 24th, 2009, 6:01 pm
Just ridin'
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Aurora, CO, USA
Posts: 5,294
Re: Anyone own an 09 V-Max? Comments.

I LOVE mine. It is impractical, lucky to get 30mpg and only sports a 4 gallon tank. The seat is not very comfortable, but the riding position is not too bad. The riding position is not as stretched out as most cruisers, but it has a fair amount of ground clearance for corners.

It is a much better bike than the 1st generation V-Max, with great brakes, well-sorted suspension and a stiff frame. The engine is incredible, producing nearly 180hp at the rear wheel - this bike will put down 150 feet of rear tire with little effort. Equipped with a slipper clutch, it is very easy to ride.

There is a lot of activity at
www.starvmax.com

Not a terribly mature crowd, but there is a lot of activity for such a low production motorcycle.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Randy; Jul 24th, 2009 at 6:08 pm.
Randy is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 Old Jul 24th, 2009, 6:06 pm
Senior Member
 
pkpr1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ringgold, GA, USA
Posts: 3,704
Re: Anyone own an 09 V-Max? Comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I LOVE mine. It is impractical, lucky to get 30mpg and only sports a 4 gallon tank. The seat is not very comfortable, but the riding position is not too bad. The riding position is not as stretched out as most cruisers, but it has a fair amount of ground clearance for corners.

It is a much better bike than the 1st generation V-Max, with great brakes, well-sorted suspension and a stiff frame. The engine is incredible, producing nearly 180hp at the rear wheel - this bike will put down 150 feet of rear tire with little effort. Equipped with a slipper clutch, it is very easy to ride.

Somebody needs to tell Randy he is getting too old for this bike

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pkpr1998 is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old Jul 24th, 2009, 6:09 pm
Just ridin'
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Aurora, CO, USA
Posts: 5,294
Re: Anyone own an 09 V-Max? Comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkpr1998
Somebody needs to tell Randy he is getting too old for this bike
Nobody needs to tell me.

Ride through a tank of gas, and my body tells me

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Randy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for Comments on Triumph Trophy hschisler Bike Talk 5 Aug 2nd, 2008 11:16 pm
Comments on SBS Ceramic pads jackd K1200LT 4 Apr 29th, 2008 2:39 pm
Negative Report Card comments norsseman Humor 0 Jan 16th, 2008 2:08 pm
How to VOTE/make comments on the Photo Contest... PATTERSON Chit Chat 3 Nov 1st, 2006 8:40 am
Hyperlinks in Article Comments JeffB BMWLT Site Support Forum 5 Oct 2nd, 2005 5:54 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome