Over the years, I have acquired lots of stuff for cleaning and polishing stuff sitting around. I would also like the wisdom of the list about these items, too.
Before you chastise me about the size of my collection, note that some I bought myself, but others were gifts, prizes, or "included with the purchase of a..."
* S100 Total Cycle Cleaner - I have been warned that this is a powerful degreaser, that it leaves a white residue that leaches out lubricants and is caustic to seals. I don't use it any more.
* S100 Wheel Cleaner - Same as above, but in a thicker goo that sticks to wheels. I use this, but only on the outer wheel rims. I don't think it gets brake dust off any better than other cleaners.
* Capt. Richard's Cherry Wash (see below)
* BMW Insect Remover (83 12 0 405 188) - I have used this and it works, but I don't know if it is any better than an ordinary cleaner when I wash the bike.
Cleaners and Protectants
* BMW Motorcycle Detailer (http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fic...cycle+Detailer
* ProtectAll - Cleaner and Protectant (http://www.protectall.com/
* Capt. Richard's Best (see below).
Windscreen and Helmet Faceshields
* Plexus - I recommend this product
* Novus 1 Plastic Clean and Shine - Good, but I like Plexus better
Capt. Richard's (http://www.captainrichardsbest.com/welcome.htm/
Aside from the Cherry Wash, I haven't tried any of these yet, but I have them at home:
Capt. Richard's Cherry Wash - Works well. Cherry scented. Really.
Capt. Richard's Best - Cleaner and Protectant
Capt. Richard's Bomb's Away (Boms Away): Metal cleaner and polisher
Capt. Richard's Multi-purpose Cleaner and Degreaser (sounds like S100 to me??)
Any experiences or recommendations?
Which should I throw (or give) away?
Which do you like?
What do you have that isn't on my list that you suggest?