Another member met in NM today - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 4th, 2009, 4:10 pm Thread Starter

Another member met in NM today

I ran across another member today while out on my bicycle ride. Pulled up to my normal rest point here in Tesuque, NM, and low and behold, there sat a thing of beauty...a K1200LT. I waited to talk to the owners and sure enough they were members of the site. Damn, my memory for forgetting his member name, but it sure was great to meet a new friend. So, if you are from Tuscon, AZ and I met you today...great to talk to you...but what was your name???

Everyone enjoy their 4th of July!!!
Ken

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT
Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Ken

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 5th, 2009, 11:10 pm

Re: Another member met in NM today

Hello Ken,

Great to meet you, that was me, Dale, and my wife Karen. I think I just quickly blurted out desertlizard while we were talking. I was still stuffed and a little high with green chile and eggs. After three days of New Mexican food, I think my blood type is now green chile. That was a great breakfast. We just got back tonight and had a fantastic time checking out beautiful Northern New Mexico. We did ride through Chimayo, but didn't stop for the church. The call of the road was too much to resist. I wanted to ride as much as I could. It was shocking (not really) to be back in the Sonoran desert (around Safford) and look down at the BC and see 108. Tucson was a delightful 102.

Dale White

"The shortest distance between two points is often unbearable."
— Charles Bukowski
post #3 of 3 Old Jul 7th, 2009, 8:41 am Thread Starter

Re: Another member met in NM today

Dale,
Glad you had a good and safe trip. I really enjoy meeting other members out on the road...kind of like a family reunion. I'm planning a trip from Iowa to Nashville to Indy and back to Iowa for early August. Time to get out and ride! Take care and hope to meet up with you again sometime.
Ken

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT
Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Ken

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in