loads of fun on a Ninja 250 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jun 12th, 2009, 10:30 pm Thread Starter

loads of fun on a Ninja 250

Bought my wife a 2005 Ninja 250 today as a starter bike. Drove it home 60 miles from Iowa City. Gotta say, I had a blast on that little bike. Kawasaki got it right. It's a great bike for a newbie and a wonderful little bike overall. Excellent brakes, smooth, quiet, and more umph than I would have thought. I got it up to 100mph and it was not difficult.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jun 12th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Re: loads of fun on a Ninja 250

The 250 Ninja is Kawasaki's biggest selling bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Bought my wife a 2005 Ninja 250 today as a starter bike. Drove it home 60 miles from Iowa City. Gotta say, I had a blast on that little bike. Kawasaki got it right. It's a great bike for a newbie and a wonderful little bike overall. Excellent brakes, smooth, quiet, and more umph than I would have thought. I got it up to 100mph and it was not difficult.

Warm & Safe Heated Clothing Sale- Lowest Prices!!

Contact Me.

post #3 of 5 Old Jun 13th, 2009, 6:52 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryP
The 250 Ninja is Kawasaki's biggest selling bike.
I'm not surprised.

Greg

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

post #4 of 5 Old Jun 13th, 2009, 8:15 am

In 2006 I bought a Ninja 250 for my son - he was 15 then. We did 3 trips during the summer, Arkansas, New Mexico and then the MOA rally in Vermont. He rode about 11,000 miles in 9 weeks. I was riding my K1200RS with my daughter on the back. The only time I had to deliberately ride slower than normal was in a strong side wind where the lighter Ninja was getting blown about.

My daughter is now 15, so next month she'll be riding her Ninja 250 to Tennessee for the MOA rally in Johnson City. Last weekend we were in the Hill Country (100 miles west of San Antonio, TX) riding 335, 336 and 337. Bike and daughter handled the roads well!

Dave

2008 K1200LT Biarritz Blue
2004 K1200RS Capri Blue

post #5 of 5 Old Jun 13th, 2009, 10:57 am
Lifetime Supporter

My niece bought a Ninja 250 for college, but has not ridden it much and it has been "stored" in my garage. I take it out evey month for a couple of hours just to keep the battery charged. The bike is a lot of fun, but I wish Kawasaki had used fuel injection instead of the carbs. The bike needs to warm up after starting or it bogs easily. Once it is warm it is a blast.

Current
2016 Yamaha FJR1300A (Cobalt Blue)
1973 Honda CL350 (Red)

Previous
2001 K1200LT Pacific Blue
and a long list...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in