CA Riders - Smog Test Update - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old May 30th, 2009, 10:13 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

CA Riders - Smog Test Update

The following is the e-mail I received in response the pending CA legislation regarding smog testing for motorcycles. Thanks to Tom Becker who brought tuis issue to our attention. We need to keep the pressure on these guys not to pass another useless bill that isn't really going to help the environment but give State Government more $ to waste.
Dear Mr. Sorchilla:
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your opposition to Senate Bill 435 (Pavley; D-23). This bill would require bi-annual smog inspections for motorcycles built in 2000 or newer.

Having rode motorcycles for the California Highway Patrol, and as a motorcycle enthusiast, I understand your concerns about changing the smog requirements as SB 435 proposes. Motorcycles produce fewer emissions than the average automobile annually, and aftermarket modifications may enhance the ability for other motorists to notice and avoid them.

Due to the fiscal costs associated with SB 435, it has been placed on the Senate Appropriations legislative suspense file. I appreciate your view, and should it come before me on the floor of the Senate I plan to vote against this measure.

Again, thank you for your correspondence. It is an honor to serve you in the California State Senate. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I might be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

JOHN J. BENOIT
Senator, 37th District

Doug Sorchilla
La Quinta, CA
2012 K1600 GTL

Growing Old is Mandatory – Growing Up is Optional
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old May 30th, 2009, 1:36 pm
Ted

Re: CA Riders - Smog Test Update

Cool - now I don't have to rummage through my garage to find my canister.

Ted

Camarillo, CA
2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200S - Red
2007 R1200S - Black - Sold
2003 K1200LTC - Silver - Sold
IBA# 16554

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in