Across the country on a Beemer. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old May 11th, 2009, 2:28 pm Thread Starter

Across the country on a Beemer.

I missed all the details, butt as soon as I heard Cheryl say 'come look at this', I headed to the TV room. Too late - butt she sez the national news had a short spot on an 80 year old BMW rider going coast to coast. Said he made some comment about "it can be done, even at 80". She wuzn't sure on the model of BMW (she's not a biker!! ). I would doubt that he is a member here on the forums, or he woulda prolly mentioned what his plans were.

Anyway, I wuz wonderin' if anyone here knows any info on this? The who/when/where/why type. Would think that some scheduled stops along the way might attract attention at some dealerships, or some rallies, or sumpthin'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old May 11th, 2009, 2:55 pm

Re: Across the country on a Beemer.

I don't know, but this 60 year old biker is going to ride his R1200RT X country (Vermont - Portland, OR via BC and other spots); 9000 miles plus side trips. I leave July 19.

RB

2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS (red)
2009 BMW R1200 RT (biue)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old May 11th, 2009, 6:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
I missed all the details, butt as soon as I heard Cheryl say 'come look at this', I headed to the TV room. Too late - butt she sez the national news had a short spot on an 80 year old BMW rider going coast to coast. Said he made some comment about "it can be done, even at 80". She wuzn't sure on the model of BMW (she's not a biker!! ). I would doubt that he is a member here on the forums, or he woulda prolly mentioned what his plans were.

Anyway, I wuz wonderin' if anyone here knows any info on this? The who/when/where/why type. Would think that some scheduled stops along the way might attract attention at some dealerships, or some rallies, or sumpthin'.
Here is the story...

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Ike.Maxwell.80.2.1006447.html

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #4 of 5 Old May 11th, 2009, 8:31 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Hey Wolfgang - thanks for that. Cheryl is truly impressed by that feller's git-up-and-go; so am I.

I didn't take time to google it, so thanks again for spotting it. Sure hope he gitz-er-done and maybe even share the story in MOA ON magazine.
post #5 of 5 Old May 11th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Enjoy The Ride

A buddy of mine last year went from Detroit to Sturgis. Then to visit his daughter in Washington State. He then rode to Detroit with one 4hr stop at a motel on his way home. Clyde was 83 and riding his Ultra Classic. He wasn't to happy that he had to pay for a room for only 4hrs but he had to sleep.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in