I won The BMW Lottery - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Nov 14th, 2008, 5:10 pm Thread Starter

I won The BMW Lottery

Looky what I just won!
I am the luckiest sucker on the internet...

THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY.
22 Garden Close, Stamford,
Lincs, PE9 2YP, London
United Kingdom.

The Board of Directors, members of staff and the International Awareness Promotion Department of the BMW Automobile Company, wishes to congratulate you as one of the TEN (10) STAR PRIZE WINNER in this years' BMW Automobile International Awareness Promotion (IAP) held on Wednessday 22nd October, 2008, in London, United Kingdom. This makes you the proud owner of a brand new BMW X6 35iM, M Sport Saloon car and a cash prize of £750,000.00 GBP (Seven Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great British pounds).The selection process was carried out through random selection in our Computerized Email Selection System (C.E.S.S.) from a database of over a million email addresses from the world wide web. To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact the BMW Claims Agent through the

contact details as stated below:

Mr. David Brown
Tell: +447031828639
BMW Claims Agent
E-mail: [email protected]

Contact him, with your ticket number: 5647600545188, Serial number: BMWP/556543450906 and Reference Number BMW:2551256003/23. You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information along with your reply.Claims Requirements:

1. Names in full:
2. Address:
3. Nationality:
4. Age:
5. Occupation:
6. Phone/Fax:
7. Country of Residence:

Winners are advised to keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT) pending the transfer/claim by Winner.

Regards,
Mrs(Engr) Daniel Malm
Director Of BMW Promotion
THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY, UK.

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Nov 14th, 2008, 5:16 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Talking Re: I won The BMW Lottery

I bet you didn't ever remember playing that lottery!!!

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old Nov 14th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Re: I won The BMW Lottery

I hear that this particular subsidiary of BMW AG recently moved from Nigeria to the UK. You are so lucky! Usually they also ask for your SS # and bank account information. Maybe that is the next step.

Wolfgang

K1200LT 1999 Champaign SOLD
R1100RS 1994 Teal SOLD
R1150RT 2003 Blue (Sold)
R1100RT 1997 Blue

Pest, Budapest Hungary

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness."
Mark Twain

post #4 of 11 Old Nov 14th, 2008, 5:52 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Post pictures when you get it

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #5 of 11 Old Nov 14th, 2008, 6:42 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigerian Scammer
Winners are advised to keep their winning details/information from the public to avoid fraudulent claim (IMPORTANT) pending the transfer/claim by Winner.
Well, you've already violated their first rule, so apparently your claim is null and void. That's why I sent my info without telling anyone. I'm just waiting for my check. Damn, I think I just jinxed myself by posting here.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 11 Old Nov 14th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Talking Re: I won The BMW Lottery

"...The selection process was carried out through random selection in our Computerized Email Selection System (C.E.S.S.) from a database of over a million email addresses from the world wide web."

Let's see... selected from a pool of email address by CESS.
Ah, a Nigerian cesspool. Perfect!
post #7 of 11 Old Nov 14th, 2008, 7:38 pm

Some dead guy's lawyer is sending me $1,500,000.00. I never knew the guy that died, but if he's leaving me all his money, I'm sure glad he's dead!

I must get 10 of those scammers every week. I just cannot believe that some people actually fall for them.

I used to have a link to a website where some guy documented his email conversations after replying to one of the scam emails. It was hilarious, he actually got the scammer to send him five bucks!

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
post #8 of 11 Old Nov 14th, 2008, 11:32 pm

I had to laugh at this, wondering who the hell falls for this crap. Then I read this news article today: http://www.katu.com/news/34292654.html
Unbelievable. Comes out of Portland, Oregon. And no, she doesn't ride a Harley
post #9 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2008, 12:11 am

Bankers do. Lawyers do. Any greed will do.
Silly people too.
I am amazed they didn't want you SSN to file your taxes for you.

Enjoy the ride (of your own bike.)

Bil

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06
post #10 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2008, 4:47 am
Lifetime Supporter

A coworker strings these guys along, resulting in hilarious email dialogs that last for months. His ultimate goal is to get one of them to send HIM money; just a token amount will do.

He has conned lots of them into sending him pictures of themselves, holding up cardboard signs with the name of his rock band. The truth is that the pictures are sad in their own way. The scammers themselves are often in tattered clothes, with wan smiles at best, and the streets, buildings, and other living conditions in the background betray the poverty all around them.

My latest made-up game with the recent spam that leaks through our filters is "guess the language".
post #11 of 11 Old Nov 15th, 2008, 8:26 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider
The truth is that the pictures are sad in their own way. The scammers themselves are often in tattered clothes, with wan smiles at best, and the streets, buildings, and other living conditions in the background betray the poverty all around them.
And the really sad part is that most of these are done with full knowledge and cooperation from the Nigerian government. They just don't care, and eventually some greedy sucker will fall for it.

On the one hand I feel bad for the Oregon lady. On the other, she got caught up in the greed and so the outcome is no big surprise. If you just have to throw away $400K, there's a lot of good you could do with that much cash.

I'm pretty lucky in that I almost never see these types of emails, nor the pharmaceutical ones, either. Between Apple and my local 'net provider, they have some great spam filters in place.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Last edited by meese; Nov 15th, 2008 at 10:45 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in