Mischler's BMW err, Mischler's H-D, err, Mischler's Both - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Oct 13th, 2008, 7:18 pm Thread Starter

Mischler's BMW err, Mischler's H-D, err, Mischler's Both

I was taking 151 from Fond du Lac to Madison today when I pulled off in Beaver Dam, WI for a break and to find a Buell shirt for my son. I found something I thought I would never see, and I am sure I would not have a coulple years ago - a combination Harley - Buell - BMW shop.

They had quite a large showroom floor with Buell XB9's and XB12s, plus most of the H-D and BMW lines there. 09 LT/GT/GS/FS in multiple colors (where they come in other than black.) I didn't check out prices and don't know about their service. This is mainly about BWM clothing and a place to check it out.

But for all those who can get to south central WI, they carry most of the BMW clothing line and you can try on jackets, pants, one-piece suits which were glaringly abscent from the BMWMOA show. I know that Beaver Dam is not going to help out the more distant member of the group, but perhaps there are some shops out there that carry the BMW lines.

They also carried in stock those stainless steel NEAT-STUFF Mirror-Savers I have been promising myself I would order all summer after I found the cloth cords that came with the LT frayed on the left side, but never did. I put them on when I got home.

My wife picked up a winter riding jacket (Tour Master Cortech) from the close-out rack for 33% off. Mischler's carries several lines besides H-D and BMW clothing. I even chucked at the BMW XPLOR Christmas ornament, but left that for somebody else's tree...

For what its worth, most of the leaves are still on the trees and are just at the height of their colors in the band from Oshkosh to Madison to Milwaukee and it was a great ride through Horicon Marsh, and up to Ripon and back to Fond du Lac in the unseasonably warm sunshine this weekend. So there should be a couple weekends left before they all come tumbling down.

Bil

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Oct 13th, 2008, 9:08 pm

Re: Mischler's BMW err, Mischler's H-D, err, Mischler's Both

I have yet to visit Mischlers but certainly expect to next season once I have a BMW of my own. A good excuse for a ride.
I can remember Peter Egan of Cycle World mag writing about the place in his column in a positive manner.

As for the fall color here in WI this coming weekend promises a spectacular display as the peak is now beginning.

2006 R1200RT
2006 Kawasaki KLR 650
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
post #3 of 4 Old Oct 15th, 2008, 1:09 am

I had to check out the link; my Pati is at WI Med School close by there; but, their winter storage Special is for 5 months!!! I haven't gone more than 5 days without riding my LT since i bought it new in September 2003.

post #4 of 4 Old Oct 15th, 2008, 8:42 pm

We were in Grand Junction, CO this past July and stopped off at a Harley-Buell-BMW dealer there. We were at the Top of the Rockies and needed an oil change before heading back east. Me and a GSA rider were waiting in the service lounge for our bikes. It was kinda funny, us in full gear and the hog riders sitting there in shorts and tank tops. Got some funny looks. They didn't beat us up or anything.

Rick

2014 K1600GTL Exclusive
2013 R1200GS LC
2011 Husqvarna TE630

"Never ask a man what computer he uses; if it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?" -- Tom Clancy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in