BMW iProject Vehicles on tap for 2012 - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 8:48 pm Thread Starter
Bouncer

BMW iProject Vehicles on tap for 2012

I was reading Automobile Magazine this month, and also CarSpyShots.com about the new BMW iProject vehicle program. This program is to develop the next generation products for BMW's Automotive and Motorcycle divisions.

Here's what might be on tap for 2012. Sign me up for one right now!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Oct 10th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Re: BMW iProject Vehicles on tap for 2012

Looks like it's a little tough to hang off it in the twisties. Where is the fun in that?

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #3 of 12 Old Oct 11th, 2008, 8:21 am

I'm in!!

Ray "Razman"

2004 BMW K1200LTE - Rosie (As in Whole Lotta Rosie)
1996 HD Sportster XLH883 Hugger (sold)
1986 Honda Interceptor VF500F (sold)

Your chosen perspective changes everything. - Unknown Author

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit." - Aristotle; 384-322 BC, Greek Philosopher and Scientist

post #4 of 12 Old Oct 11th, 2008, 10:14 am
Lifetime Supporter

Looks like a fun drawing but I'm trying to imagine the looks on their faces when they hit a red light..............

Allan..Illinois, Oregon, Arkansas, and tomorrow the Universe
2003 K1200LT trike - Starfighter
2004 R1150RTP - Combat Touring
IBA #38152
BMW-MOA 97667
Patriot Guard Riders
...and man of leisure

post #5 of 12 Old Oct 11th, 2008, 11:22 am Thread Starter
Bouncer

The outriggers come down.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-
post #6 of 12 Old Oct 11th, 2008, 11:30 am
Cat Herder

Newer stronger better version of the C1? If they put a decent engine into it, I'm in.

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:

Still in search of Occam's razor to cut a Gordian knot.
post #7 of 12 Old Oct 11th, 2008, 12:03 pm

Me 2, 3, 4, 5 or where ever I am in the list.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #8 of 12 Old Oct 11th, 2008, 7:56 pm

As long as it has AC, power windows and a gyro I'll be a beta tester.

I laughed at Dean Kamen and his goofy Segway until I literally ran into him at the Westin in Vail. He had a dozen of them sitting in the valet parking area and let me take one for the day - "just bring it back" he said as I took off with nothing more than a quick handshake. Never saw him again. It was serious fun and took all of 10 minutes to figure out, I just wish it went FASTER!

There are going to be some wild and marvelous options in the two wheel world in the next couple of years. I'm counting on BMW to provide some cool stuff that I just can't do without!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #9 of 12 Old Oct 13th, 2008, 12:16 am
IBR# 366

Garage

BMW has had something very similar to that in their Munich museum for many years now, although I think it has two rear wheels. But I'll pass on this one, if they're gonna build it with that same crappy final drive (see pic).

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #10 of 12 Old Oct 13th, 2008, 6:56 am

I'm thinkin a BMW Isetta with a 1200S engine in it would be quite fun!

Lurch
'40 knucklehead chop
'00 LTC - Pacific Blue
--------------------------------
"As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way. - Jack Handy
post #11 of 12 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 8:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
The outriggers come down.
Yes, they use the same mechanism as the current power center stand.....

DOH!

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
post #12 of 12 Old Oct 16th, 2008, 9:00 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Newer stronger better version of the C1? If they put a decent engine into it, I'm in.
This is a C1 I saw this summer in Paris on a business trip!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Exec C1.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	20101  

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"
2005 Pyrenees of France & Spain
2006 Tuscany

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Northern & Central Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

2019 Maritime Provinces of Canada & New England 3,500 miles

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in