LT vs Victory Vision - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Sep 17th, 2008, 10:23 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up LT vs Victory Vision

Has anyone had a chance to compare the Victory Vision to a LT.I saw the 09 Victory today and it sure looked good.Going to take a test ride on Friday,might get a decent trade in for my Harley since I don"t ride it anymore.

Thanks Vic
07 RT loving every minute off it
07 Harley gathering dust in the garage.

I found some other posts that make me beleve the RT is the way to go.Now if my dealer can get one in,might have to go to Atlanta BMW.Sounds like a road trip.

Last edited by GVPurvis; Sep 17th, 2008 at 10:29 pm. Reason: Found other Posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Sep 17th, 2008, 10:27 pm

Re: LT vs Victory Vision

I hear mostly good things about the Vision. I think the appearance is a love/hate thing. Either love it or hate it. When it first came out, I thought it was one of the ugliest things I had ever seen, but it has grown on my a bit. I hear that this year's model has a reverse! Still air-cooled though, and that stinks. Probably a very comfortable bike on a long ride.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 11 Old Sep 17th, 2008, 10:33 pm Thread Starter

Thanks,I agree it's a love it or hate it reaction.I am going to test ride it,But I think I can't go wrong with a LT.The road trip to Atlanta will be fun,and I get to see a new BMW store

Vic

post #4 of 11 Old Sep 18th, 2008, 8:07 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVPurvis
Thanks,I agree it's a love it or hate it reaction.I am going to test ride it,But I think I can't go wrong with a LT.The road trip to Atlanta will be fun,and I get to see a new BMW store

Vic
Hey Vic , Look me up when you come to Atlanta, I can introduce you to all the fun guys at Atlanta BMW as well as Blue Moon while you are here.

Stixx

[email protected] if interested

No matter where you go , there you are.
post #5 of 11 Old Sep 18th, 2008, 8:33 am

I talked to some guys riding them one night while passing thru Colorado. They both loved them and both of them had spent time in the saddle of an LT. They said weather protection, ground clearance and comfort was better than the LT.

Take it with a grain, who wants to admit a 20k mistake?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok
post #6 of 11 Old Sep 18th, 2008, 9:25 am

I have ridden one and my buddy who came from the RT has it. He loves it. He is 6'3" and it fits him.

I like it and find that it is a very nice touring bike. I like my LT better but he can keep up in the turns with me pretty well. The LT handles better but for a cruiser the vision is a great handling bike.

I would say if you like the feet forward and a cruiser then the vision is a great choice. If you looking to have a bike to knock around town then I would say the vision with the top box is over kill and the RT would be more fun and easier to handle.

If I couldn't have the LT for my touring bike I would be interested in the vision. The only draw backs my wife and I found were, some wind turbulence on our heads, (the taller windshield would take care of that I think) and vibration in the foot pegs. (rubber mounting may fix that) Other then these 2 items it was fun to drive and very comfortable. I think it is a well made machine and if you took your LT and put a carnival fun mirror on it the vision is maybe what you would see.

Tom Ress
Great White North
Minnesota
Canyon Red 2000

You have to grow up to have a mid-life crisis!!!!!

I could play with women or with cars, I find cars are cheaper and you can write a book about cars a guy would understand.
post #7 of 11 Old Sep 18th, 2008, 4:32 pm

Take a good look at the SaddleBag capacity. Goodness practically non-existent. This really killed it for me. A touring bike with less capacity than the LT.

Howard Dusenbery 2000 K1200LTC
post #8 of 11 Old Sep 19th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDusenbery
Take a good look at the SaddleBag capacity. Goodness practically non-existent. This really killed it for me. A touring bike with less capacity than the LT.
I checked one out at the local Victory dealer and noticed the same thing. The side bags look huge from the outside, but there is an awful lot on unusable space inside once the lids are opened up.

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
post #9 of 11 Old Sep 19th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Not my cup of tea, I'm really not a V Twin guy but I too hear nothing but good things about them and I believe they have one of if not the highest customer satisfaction in the industry.
post #10 of 11 Old Sep 19th, 2008, 3:41 pm

I was so bummed out when I first saw the Vision. I mean, I REALLY wanted to like it, but

post #11 of 11 Old Sep 19th, 2008, 5:03 pm

I just came back from a trip with all of the "Real Touring bikes"- including two LTs. All of us got to put several hundred miles (if we wanted) on each of the bikes. Note here that the shortest member of our group is 6', and the youngest is 52.

The LT was hands down the #1 back road tourer, the Premium Vision was the #1 slab runner AND the #1 pick by the SO's. The Hardley Ultra tied with the Wing, because most of us found the Wing too small for the driver. With the addition of the new reverse on the Vision, only the lack of ABS brakes caused us grief.

All in all, the Vision is a worthy and comfortable competitor. It's only drawback was the poor fuel economy (about 190 miles per tank) - even the Ultra was better.

The Vision owner also pointed out that he had the cover, so he could remove the trunk, when he didn't need the extra space - makes a bit of a difference riding it too.

Verdict: It has all the farkles, about the same price, no final drive issues, a LOT more room for your feet, a better seat, and about the same number of dealers (at least around here). If I were writing a check today, I opt for the Vision Tour. However, since next year is my target for a new toy, I'll wait to see what BMW drops on the market. If the LT is dropped for the uncomfortable GT style, there will be a Victory in my garage.

Let me know if you want any more info - I have tons of data. No, we didn't compare the "Star" or the other wannabe contenders, but DID have a Valkryie Interstate, which blew the Wing and Vision way out of the water. Too bad it was dropped..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in