Indy MotoGP photos - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2008, 4:37 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Indy MotoGP photos

Here are some shots from today's practice. Nothing like Dave Taylor's but gives you the idea. These are all 125's.

http://john-njudy.smugmug.com/galler...71147712_jXMWu

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Re: Indy MotoGP photos

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! ARe they predicting a wet races for the weekend? That would add an interesting twist to the event.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2008, 4:51 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

It's hard to say right now Dave.

However, I am going to predict a dry race on Sunday. So far Anthony West is killing em in the wet. Rossi is right there with Stoner. Nicky is off pace by 5 seconds.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite

post #4 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2008, 5:42 pm

John, Why don't you see if Nicky will sit this one out and let you ride in his place.
post #5 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2008, 7:21 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13
John, Why don't you see if Nicky will sit this one out and let you ride in his place.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #6 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2008, 8:27 pm

Hey, John

Are those your seats, or were you just giving the snorkles a rest for a bit? I was only there a little while this afternoon, but i'm right there in turn one as well. Poured the whole time I was there, but about halfway home, it cleared up just in time for the highschool football games.

Weather looks pretty nice for tomorrow, chance of showers, but much drier than today. Sunday, not so good, depending on how much rain Ike leaves down in TX vs how much he decides to bring up the Ohio valley with him. They're saying Sunday afternoon will probably be pretty wet.

Lots of wet motorcyclists today, though I'd say BMW was much more represented here than any other even I've seen. Seems like close to half the bikes I saw were BMWs, guess the rain scared off all the fair weather riders.

Lurch
'40 knucklehead chop
'00 LTC - Pacific Blue
--------------------------------
"As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way. - Jack Handy
post #7 of 8 Old Sep 12th, 2008, 9:40 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch102
Hey, John

Are those your seats, or were you just giving the snorkles a rest for a bit? I was only there a little while this afternoon, but i'm right there in turn one as well. Poured the whole time I was there, but about halfway home, it cleared up just in time for the highschool football games.

Weather looks pretty nice for tomorrow, chance of showers, but much drier than today. Sunday, not so good, depending on how much rain Ike leaves down in TX vs how much he decides to bring up the Ohio valley with him. They're saying Sunday afternoon will probably be pretty wet.

Lots of wet motorcyclists today, though I'd say BMW was much more represented here than any other even I've seen. Seems like close to half the bikes I saw were BMWs, guess the rain scared off all the fair weather riders.
The shot down the front straight is from our seats in E. The shots from the infield show covered E stand in the right background. We are in Box 19, row Q, Seat 23,24. We'll watch the races from there, and some qualifying.

The rain is fine, but would really love to see some dry racing Sunday. Probably be a lot more in attendance the next 2 days.

John

2004 - LT - Anthracite
post #8 of 8 Old Sep 13th, 2008, 8:38 am

I'll try to look you up...

I'm in B Penthouse, Box 18, Row H, seat 2

Lurch
'40 knucklehead chop
'00 LTC - Pacific Blue
--------------------------------
"As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way. - Jack Handy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in