Hand guns and Canada ... Drop off stateside? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 7:58 pm Thread Starter

Hand guns and Canada ... Drop off stateside?

I know handguns are a BIG no no in Canada.

Question is do any of you Washington guys know if an out of stater can drop off a registered handgun at a Gun shop / Police station etc before going threw canadian customs ? Then pick it back up when returning into the states ?

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T
wisties Required

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 8:31 pm

Re: Hand guns and Canada ... Drop off stateside?

I have not done it, but I asked the same question of some friends that go across the border. I was told for a small fee most gunshops will hold your weapon until you return. You might check on google for shops in the area you plan to cross and contact them for procedures.

NOGILLS2

Booze Brother# 69
2003 K1200LTE "BEERBURNER" RIP 07/21/09
2006 Aluma Trailer "AFTERBURNER" SOLD
2007 ST1300ABS "Quicksilver"

post #3 of 38 Old Aug 24th, 2008, 9:19 pm

That's not gonna happen - any FFL dealer must record in/out any firearm that he/she takes. I sure wouldn't temporarily take your gun and hold it for a while.

What would I do? Get a GPS. Go find an out of the way spot near the border and bury it and come back later and get it. I did that for a trip to Mexico and had no worries getting my GAT back later...

post #4 of 38 Old Aug 24th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Im sure it was not legal so I can't recommend it, but dissasembled my Glock and packed the parts in different areas,e.g. Two side cases, top case, etc. Took no ammo. Not sure how much trouble I would have been in if caught. After I crossed back I reassembled it and bought new ammo. Bad advise I'm sure.
post #5 of 38 Old Aug 24th, 2008, 10:17 pm Thread Starter

Keep em coming please .....

Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #6 of 38 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 1:10 am

Ok. Here are a couple of ideas I looked at and rejected. Rent a motel stateside for the entire time you will be in Canada and leave the gun in the safe. Except I was in Canada too long. Fed ex it home then have it fed ex'ed back to a hotel where you have a reservation for your fist night back. Learned Fed Ex does not accept firearms but USPS does!
post #7 of 38 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 1:20 am

Just thought of another idea. Last year when I flew to Las Vegas and rented a GT for a week, I spent the night at the Ritz at Lake Las Vegas. I checked some luggage I brought on the plane but did not want on the trip. Worked great as I was spending a night there on the return trip also. Just pick a high end hotel stateside near the crossing and they will hold your luggage until you return. Might even buy a cheap small suitcase at Wally's to stuff so you are leaving some "real" luggage, then toss the suitcase when you return.
post #8 of 38 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 9:12 am

I'd just put it in the radio box on the dash of my RT since I don't have a radio in it. No one would ever look in there on a Bike. Or under the seat in the back also.

No one has mentioned don't go to Canada in the first place , write the chamber of commerce and sec of state and tell them why you wont go. They love tourism, maybe they'll give you a permit next time like Fla does.

No matter where you go , there you are.
post #9 of 38 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 10:05 am

I should imagine that a bus station, or other such facility that has "semi-long-term" storage lockers might do the trick...just make sure you prepay enough to have it stay locked the whole time

Beyond that, you might be able to find a self-storage place that has lockers, or failing that, a very small storage room you can rent for a week or two. Admittedly, it would look a little funny to just gave your gun case sitting in the center of the floor of a storage closet, and nothing else...

Failing that, can you possibly find a board member who will "hold" for you?

Also, there -are- gun stores and ranges out there that offer storage services for clients who can't or don't want to store their guns at home (kids, theft concerns, etc), and will store them in their safes or vaults. You'll have better luck with a really upscale range/stores, as they're more likely to attract clientele who would (and can) pay for such a service.

2000 K1200LT Icon
2000 R1100RT-P
post #10 of 38 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 12:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx
I'd just put it in the radio box on the dash of my RT since I don't have a radio in it. No one would ever look in there on a Bike. Or under the seat in the back also.

No one has mentioned don't go to Canada in the first place , write the chamber of commerce and sec of state and tell them why you wont go. They love tourism, maybe they'll give you a permit next time like Fla does.
Yeah but they specifically ask if you are bringing in a gun (at least they did me). I would bet they know every hiding place possible including on a motorcycle and would not want to get caught lying to them. At least with my gun fully disassembled I felt better. Also, I was riding in with an lawyer friend who is a Canadian citizen who reassured me we would have no problem. Don't know what kind of gun you are carrying but here is a link to taking apart the Glock which is what I was carrying. I took it apart in the hotel room the night before we crossed the border. However, I had done it on prior occasions for different reasons and do not recommend it if you have no experience doing it. http://www.parts.cc/glock/disassembly/index.htm
post #11 of 38 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 4:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moot
Also, I was riding in with an lawyer friend who is a Canadian citizen who reassured me we would have no problem.
Did your lawyer friend mean you wouldn't have a problem if they found the gun? Or did he not think customs would find it?

Tom Lashbrook
Napa, CA
Minden, NV

On the road to wreck, and ruin -— but making great time.
post #12 of 38 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 5:03 pm

Quote:
Yeah but they specifically ask if you are bringing in a gun (at least they did me). I would bet they know every hiding place possible including on a motorcycle and would not want to get caught lying to them. At least with my gun fully disassembled I felt better. Also, I was riding in with an lawyer friend who is a Canadian citizen who reassured me we would have no problem. Don't know what kind of gun you are carrying but here is a link to taking apart the Glock which is what I was carrying. I took it apart in the hotel room the night before we crossed the border. However, I had done it on prior occasions for different reasons and do not recommend it if you have no experience doing it. http://www.parts.cc/glock/disassembly/index.htm

When I carry I carry Sig Saur 45's and they fit perfectly in my glove box. I have a CCP and that is by law a self disclosed problem stateside because when they ask to see your Liscence (drivers liscence) they will point blank ask you where your gun is and if you say your are not carrying they will ask permission to look for it . It's all just to harrass citizens I'm sure so I just tell the HP or whomever has stopped me the truth , It is always easier to get forgiveness than permission and worse case scenario you give up your piece if you have failed some obscure procedure. One of the reasons I don't carry as much now a days it is just such a hassle. The Sig is metal and placed under the seat in a tool pouch it reads the same as tools to a dog sniffer or metal detector so I would not hesitate to carry it that way if not in a place I know the rules. Stateside I just carry it in the glove box loaded with one in the pipe . Otherwise in an real emergency the damn thing is useless.

BTW reading all these scenarios, please don't take offense but if it is going to be all that much a hassle and one really wants to go to Canada, just leave the stupid thing at home buy some mace and thow it overboard on the way across the border.

If you were flying you sure as hell wouldn't carry it so what's the big deal. Just leave it at home. It does make for good discussion though on the forum so don't take this BS as a put down just kind of a reality check.
z

If there is one thing I've learned from CC all these years is that it is often more trouble that it's worth. One of the best defensive weapons at our disposal is our transportation. A car can be the best defense against unwanted advances and most of us don't even realize it's potential even though more people die from them than from guns every day. The other is a good bike with knowlege of how to use it for escaping a bad situation. Remember you can go places a perp can not with a bike and a LOT faster.

Twist your handlebar grip next red light and watch the friggin world dissappear behind you and remember that in a case of offensive bad guy behavior you can damn sure out run almost anything he has and they are usually really bad shots. Meanwhile if your glock is in pieces on various places in you bike you have no practical defense at all in the carrying of it.

Just thought it was time for a bit of logic , however badly I project it.

All the best

Stixx

No matter where you go , there you are.
post #13 of 38 Old Aug 25th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlash
Did your lawyer friend mean you wouldn't have a problem if they found the gun? Or did he not think customs would find it?
He meant he crosses on his bike all the time and has never been searched or detained in any way. Nor was I. He thought the odds of them searching were near Zero.
post #14 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 11:11 am

Quote:
Im sure it was not legal so I can't recommend it, but dissasembled my Glock and packed the parts in different areas,e.g. Two side cases, top case, etc. Took no ammo. Not sure how much trouble I would have been in if caught. After I crossed back I reassembled it and bought new ammo. Bad advise I'm sure.
You'll spend a long time in Canada if you use this advice.

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

post #15 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 12:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead
I know handguns are a BIG no no in Canada.
It says so right at the border crossing.

Have you considered renting a safety deposit box at a bank stateside and leaving it there?
post #16 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 1:54 pm

If you are crossing into Canada via a commercially owned ferry, the Coho out of Port Angeles for example, they have lockers you can leave your firearm in and collect upon return.

Handguns are just a big no no however shotguns and rifles not so much. I have transported handguns to a pistol match in Canada years ago and had some paperwork sent down by the event coordinator that I turned in to the border folks. No problem just had to return to the U.S. over the same crossing.

Carrying a firearm for protection while riding is a personal choice. I have and now rarely do. The odds of getting out a handgun and getting a good shot off while riding is not in my favor. While if in the local burger stand or church and some whacko wants to take out the place, then yeah, having a handgun is a good idea. It's just the odds of that happening are real, real slim.

The Canadians are real touchy about handguns and not at all friendly should they find you've packed one in. No matter what the excuse. I consider myself to be an upstanding citizen and will exercise my second amendment rights any damn time I wish, with minor exception, but Canada isn't the U.S. It's their rules. Comply or pay.

Some good suggestions have been made here by others as to how to handle the issue of what to do with your handgun before crossing into Canada. Taking it over in any configuration is not good advise.

2002 R1150GS Adventure (current)
2000 K1200RS
1999 K1200LT (current)
1998 R1100RT
1985 Suzuki GS1150E
1985 Kawasaki Ninja 900
1983 Honda V65
1979 Yamaha XS1100
1977 Honda CB750
1963 Harley Duo Glide
1965 Honda 305
1962 Honda Cub 50
1960 Cushman scooter

Was I being naughty...officer?
post #17 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 4:16 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry_kramer
You'll spend a long time in Canada if you use this advice.
That's pretty much what my Canadian lawyer friend said. Along with his thought that the chances of us being searched were next to zero he offered that if I decided to bring it, he would just as soon not know about it. From reading this maybe it was even more risky than I thought. Although not as bad as the time I accidently (honest) flew from New York to Frankfurt with a .22 that I forgot was in a carry on bag. I'm not sure what is more frightening in hindsight; what might have happened if I got caught or the fact that it was not even discovered in my carry on. By the way, that particular .22 now resides some where at the bottom of the Rhine River. No way was I going to try to bring back a gun that "I did not even take." Anyone have a better idea what I should have done in that instance?
post #18 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 4:28 pm

I would say it isn't worth the hassle and when you think about it why do you need it. Are you putting yourself in situations that may require a gun. If so then I don't want to know anymore. If not then leave it at home. What is it, 90% of most people are shot with their own gun during an attack.

I wouldn't risk it for any amount of money or piece of mind. The odds of you needing and having the ready to go would be slim to none, unless you look for trouble.

This is my humble option, Let the flames begin.

Tom Ress
Great White North
Minnesota
Canyon Red 2000

You have to grow up to have a mid-life crisis!!!!!

I could play with women or with cars, I find cars are cheaper and you can write a book about cars a guy would understand.
post #19 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 5:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1200
I wouldn't risk it for any amount of money or piece of mind. The odds of you needing and having the ready to go would be slim to none, unless you look for trouble.
I agree the odds of needing a hand gun are small. I have carried for the last 40 years and have pulled a gun twice. This last trip to Canada was one of those times and I believe I am writing this because I had it. On a dark desert highway (thank you Eagles) --not in Canada--we stopped so my Canadian friend could adjust a cargo net. A wreck of a car pulled up and four dudes behaving in an overtly threatening manner piled out. Between them they had two knives, a tire iron and enough prison ink to write several habeaus corpus petitions. I removed the Glock, held it casually by my side but in plain view and informed them that we were just fine and did not require any assistance. They spoke a moment in a language I could not understand then piled back in their beater and left. Even my Canadian friend who pretty much toes the Canadian party line on guns was mighty glad for the Glock that day. Come to think of it, I needed the gun more times on that trip (once) than I needed the tire patch kit, first aid kit, tool kit, and extra pint of oil (collectively, zero times).
post #20 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 5:23 pm

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

2000 K1200LT Icon
2000 R1100RT-P
post #21 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 5:37 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Guys .... All very constructive view point shared by most.

Bummer of it all is that being one who knows first hand a gun is never a bargaining devise in ANY situation. Just would hate too find myself not having it wishing I did.
Camping and living out of the bike and trailer for 2 weeks in VERY rural Oregon, Washington and VC island just seems a tad vulnerable.

Guess a few cans of pepper spray may be the more frugal choice ?
* But then again, Canada won't allow that either ... Dammit !!

Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #22 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 6:27 pm

After reading this thread and recalling recent events in Canada
about the beheading on a bus .... I can only come up
with one scenario that would work for me ..

DON'T GO TO CANADA !

Our neighbors to the north (nice name for CANADA) now require you
to have a passport to enter into their country.

If you have had a DWI DUI gun charges etc... when they check
your passport you will be deemed an "undesirable person" and
immediately turned around and sent away from Canadian soil.

Who needs them ? After the beheading on the buss in which NO ONE came to the aid of another human being being brutally killed ........ the best they could muster was to hold the door closed so the perp could not escape.

Why would I need to spend any time with these nutless gutless
wossies ?

IMHO my money and time is better spend elsewhere..............

Ridesalot

2005 LT "The grey one with the bugs on it."
post #23 of 38 Old Aug 26th, 2008, 11:38 pm

I believe that the passport requirement is a US matter. We do not require you to have a valid passport to enter Canada, however a valid passport is required of all american citizens returning to the United states. That is your rule not ours.

Our laws regarding guns are different than yours. That does not make us better or worse than you just different. Most canadians believe that our system is the best just as most americans believe that their system is the best. I would not bring a handgun into Canada just because the possible penalties to me far outweigh the benefit of having the weapon with you.

The United States has it's fair share of horrible crimes that are commited sometimes with bystanders who do nothing to stop them. To form judgements of a whole country and a whole people by one incident is extremely unfair. It would not be fair if the whole world judged you by the actions of Jeffery Dahlmer would it. Please do not judge an entire country and its people by one particularly horrid crime. Charles manson and company commited some very heinous crimes but we do not judge you by thier actions.

One other point that I would like to make is that when 9-11 happened Canada landed a lot of american flights and did our best to make the passengers welcome in a very difficult time.

We all have different beliefs and our countries have different laws and customs that does not make one of us better than the other just different.

If you can get past your apparent dislike of Canadians please come and see our country. It is truly a beautiful place with some spectacular riding.

Ride safe

Ken

Ken Riach

2007 K1200LT

"
post #24 of 38 Old Aug 27th, 2008, 12:00 am
Just ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriach
If you can get past your apparent dislike of Canadians please come and see our country. It is truly a beautiful place with some spectacular riding.
I'll second that.

I will also add that Michelle and I have been treated warmly by every single person we have met in Canada. I am so looking forward to getting up there again to Jasper next June.

It is easy to argue differences in handgun laws or delivery of health care, but when looking at our two countries it is clear we have have much more similarity than difference, in our citizenry as well as our governments.

Randy Prade
Aurora, CO

Just ride it!
Meet Riley

post #25 of 38 Old Aug 27th, 2008, 8:49 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I'll second that.

I will also add that Michelle and I have been treated warmly by every single person we have met in Canada. I am so looking forward to getting up there again to Jasper next June.

It is easy to argue differences in handgun laws or delivery of health care, but when looking at our two countries it is clear we have have much more similarity than difference, in our citizenry as well as our governments.
I'll third that, and I should know. I lived in Canada for six years on a "temporary short term job assignment". My children were born there. It is a wonderful country. I left many friends behind, and brought back many fond memories.

I rode my motorcycle while living there, and the riding was great.

The 2010 Winter Olympic Games will be in Vancouver. If you're so inclined, you might think about going. If not, then think about visiting some other time.
post #26 of 38 Old Aug 27th, 2008, 9:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridesalot

DON'T GO TO CANADA !
There are plenty of great reasons to go to Canada as a US Tourist. Its not that there are better motocycle roads there than Stateside, but I sure had some great scenery, wonderful roads, fantastic fishing and warm, warm welcomes from folks that treated me like family. (Let's don't get started on comparing health care--after listening to Hillary last night we may not be far behind them! )
post #27 of 38 Old Aug 27th, 2008, 4:57 pm

"DON'T GO TO CANADA !"

I cannot believe the intolerance, lack of objectivity and complete ignorance about Canada, our laws, our people, and our culture as demonstrated by some of the individuals responding to this thread. Half baked notions about passport requirements (check the facts, it's the Department of Homeland Security that imposed that requirement, incidentally a US government agency), ridiculous assumptions about an incident involving a seemingly deranged individual who apparently could have been prevented from butchering a fellow passenger by someone carrying a piece, on a bus going down the highway at 60 mph, when the victim was probably as good as dead in a split second. What ever happened to the concept of due process? Even for mad men.

Remember Virginia Tech, or the clock tower in Texas, or going postal or numerous incidents involving the use of firearms because the hallowed Second Amendment to the Constitution sanctions the right to bear arms (including AK47's or Mack 10's or .50 caliber Eagles). How many Americans die daily, on average, owing to the prevalence of guns?

I concede that there may situations where carrying a firearm is justified. For many reasons, Canada has chosen to severely restrict ownership and possession of hand guns. At the end of the day, it comes down to respect of the law of the land. As a frequent visitor to the USA, I attempt to give due respect to America's laws. While I may not agree with some of these government strictures, good citizenship dictates that I am obliged to accept them for better or for worse. I think it is only reasonable that visitors to Canada do likewise. Making judgments on a nation of 30 plus million people based on a lack of understanding of the underpinnings of these laws does not really add anything to this debate.

Paul M. Feldman

2008 - R1200RT "Cino"
2005 - KLT - "Tipsy" (now "Toasty") RIP
2004 - Suzuki Burgman 650
1978 - GL 1000
1985 - GL 1200 20th Anniversary Edition
1976 - Honda 750A
1973 - Honda CB 360 - "Bone Shaker"
1966 - Suzuki S80 - "Old Smokey"
post #28 of 38 Old Aug 27th, 2008, 5:23 pm

I apologize for the appearance of Canada bashing by one member of this board. I am sure it was in jest and a spur of the moment thing.

I remember Iran, I remember 9/11, and I am grateful that our Canadian cousins still regard us as "acceptable" friends.

However,

"As a frequent visitor to the USA, I attempt to give due respect to America's laws."

You DO obey our speed laws, right?

Still Just Jerry

2005 LT "Lucky"
2003 Moto Guzzi Aluminum "The Fog"

post #29 of 38 Old Aug 27th, 2008, 5:29 pm

Quote:

DON'T GO TO CANADA !

Our neighbors to the north (nice name for CANADA) now require you
to have a passport to enter into their country.

If you have had a DWI DUI gun charges etc... when they check
your passport you will be deemed an "undesirable person" and
immediately turned around and sent away from Canadian soil.

Who needs them ? After the beheading on the buss in which NO ONE came to the aid of another human being being brutally killed ........ the best they could muster was to hold the door closed so the perp could not escape.

Why would I need to spend any time with these nutless gutless
wossies ?

IMHO my money and time is better spend elsewhere..............
The passport Idea was an ALL AMERICAN one!!! With your border you guys don't want anyone to come to the US. I am sure you have MANY MORE WORSE things happening in your so called GREAT home!!

I have traveled 1000's of KM in the US and Canada and never needed any type of fire arm!

You give a bad image of what an American is, I hope (know) they are all NOT like you.

Follow my South America ride at

IBAID 26718
BMWMOA 117552
2011 K1600GTL RECEIVED April 30th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm
2012 RED KLR650

Last edited by garry_kramer; Aug 27th, 2008 at 6:42 pm.
post #30 of 38 Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 8:23 pm

A little off the mark to your question, but what state are you entering Canada from, your home state or another state? Being from Pennsylvania, my closest state to enter is NY. Being NY is such a tough anti-gun state, it is illegal to even carry a concealed weapon with an out of state CCW permit.

The only way you can transport through a non-reciprocal state is by using the federal law which allows you to transport an unloaded concealed weapon as long as it's locked in a compartment which is inaccessible to the person in the vehicle, (in the case a motorcycle one of your compartments would work) so long as your destination is to a state that has a reciprocity law with your home state where the weapon is legal.

I have to deal with this when I travel to VA from PA via MD. Maryland is tough on handguns and doesn't issue out of state permits so I have to remove the clip, and keep the gun and clip in seperate locked compartments until I get to VA which has a reciprocity agreement with PA.

As far as even sneaking handgun parts into Canada, ie. Glock, I really don't know if that's worth the chance.
post #31 of 38 Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 8:46 pm

I agree with the prior post. Taking a handgun, assembled or dissambled into Canada is not wise. In fact my Canadian lawyer friend has informed me that I made all that shit up. I did not carry a Glock 17 across the border. In fact it was in my gun safe in Colorado the entire time. Just so the record is clear.
post #32 of 38 Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 12:21 am Thread Starter

The PITA factor has made the Hand gun issue a moot point .... pepper spray is as lethal a weapon as we shall carry into Canada.

Thanks all

Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #33 of 38 Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 1:08 am

Last summer when I rode the bike to Nova Scotia, Canadian customs repeatedly told me I could leave any firearm in their custody, and claim it on the way back. I didn't have any, but probably would not have taken them up on the offer anyway. Two things they were interested in were firearms and cigarettes. She asked me several times worded differently about both.

On the return trip, US customs was just primarily concerned with ID, ie, was I who I said I was.
post #34 of 38 Old Sep 4th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Contact any reputable gun shop near the boarder crossing. Call them in advance and then drop off your handgun for "safety check and cleaning". Schedule pick up to coincide with your return.
Having grown up (sort of) in Detroit, boarder crossings were a very casual and frequent occurence. Not so now. Lines are long here and checks are random. I would NOT want to be caught taking a handgun into Canada after being asked if I had anything to declare. The Canadian customs folks look for anything that could be used as a weapon (bats, axe handles, large wrenches etc.). If caught, it would certainly alter your plans for the near future.

Larry
Rochester Hills, MI

05 LT
96 HD Softail
00 HD Wide Glide
07 HD Road King (Cop Bike)
75 Honda 550 (wife's restored baby)
post #35 of 38 Old Sep 9th, 2008, 1:37 am

I left my handgun at the Canada border once and they gave it back when I left the country but I had to answer a lot of questions in a small room off to the side.

Mick
'00LT Canyon red "Miss Ruby"
'99 LT Basalt grey "Coyote"
post #36 of 38 Old Sep 10th, 2008, 4:55 am
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,

Quote:
....After the beheading on the buss in which NO ONE came to the aid of another human being being brutally killed....
Thank you! I thought I was the only one. Shameful.
Quote:
What ever happened to the concept of due process? Even for mad men....
Better question: what happened to victim's rights--say, like, the right to KEEP your head?!
Quote:
Remember Virginia Tech, or the clock tower in Texas, or going postal or numerous incidents involving the use of firearms because the hallowed Second Amendment to the Constitution sanctions the right to bear arms....
If you're going to interpret our constitution, let's do it accurately. These acts, by the criminally deranged, did not occur because the "hallowed" second amendment sanctioned them. These incidents occurred because a F'G nut was on the loose, and no one was able to stop him in a timely manner. If anything, the RESTRICTING of the second amendment is what allowed these acts of domestic terrorism to be so successful.
Quote:
How many Americans die daily, on average, owing to the prevalence of guns?....
Once again, a complete misinterpretation of the "prevalence" of guns. The real question is: how many Americans LIVE DAILY, on average, because they had access to a firearm. More important: how many more would be alive today, had they had LEGAL access to a firearm?!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!
post #37 of 38 Old Sep 10th, 2008, 10:37 am

Sad but true
people won't help another........

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police have arrested a man suspected of brutally attacking a dozing subway passenger with a hammer while other riders did nothing to stop the assault, the city's police commissioner said Wednesday.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...8hqdAD933S8O80

and with a hammer no less..........

It must the mode of transportation IE not 2 wheels that causes
these attacks.....

Maybe I should turn my attention toward many wheeled conveyances as opposed to people

I could only hope that the 2 wheeled community would jump into the Frey to save another human. I would.

Some of the planes in 911 people got together and repelled the would be attackers ....... so it must be the many wheels that lulls them to sleep.

Well this proves the human race is just animals that walk upright..
so to all of the Canadians that i offended with my opinions I apologize

I did not mean to hijack this thread only expressing my opinion (which I though this forum was 98% opinion 1% truth and 1% BS.)

Now I guess I have to include PHILADELPHIA on my list.

Ridesalot

2005 LT "The grey one with the bugs on it."
post #38 of 38 Old Sep 10th, 2008, 12:05 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,
Quote:
....Police have arrested a man suspected of brutally attacking a dozing subway passenger with a hammer while other riders did nothing to stop the assault....to all of the Canadians that i offended with my opinions I apologize....
Ride, I've been saying for years that we have got to restrict the sale and access to "assault" hammers! But, no one will listen. The "assault hammer" lobby is just too strong! When can we get some common-sense legislation like a 10 day waiting period on these deadly assault hammers?!

If any Canadians were offended by your opinion, I would say the same to them as I say to anyone else: get over it and grow some thicker skin!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in