Actually did this ride last Saturday!
Ended up riding Plan "A" which was 9-mile Cayon Rd (just north of Ridgecrest off of US 395) through Kennedy Meadows, up and over Sherman Pass (WOW!) through Johnsondale, down the Western Divide highway/CA-190 to Springville and then home to Hanford.
(OBTW - Sorry Dan, I didn't see your post until this morning. I would have loved to take a break at your place. As YOU know, riding DOWN CA-190 from Quaking Aspen is an EXPERIENCE, especially after I'd been on the road since 04:30!)
Sorry gang, no photos. Too busy riding.
Couple of thoughts:
1) I REALLY need to invest in a custom seat. The stock version is okay for short rides, but that's about it IMHO.
2) Should have taken more breaks and drank more water. Had a pretty good headache on the ride home from Springville to Hanford. Then again, perhaps LOOKING DIRECTLY INTO THE SETTING SUN may have been part of the problem. Turns out my WileyX Light Adjusting JAKE sunglasses simply weren't up to the task. I do have a "sun blocker" tint strip on my RF-1000 helmet, but it just wasn't enough by itself. Got me thinking about adding a dark tinited visor for the bright CA sunshine.
3) Had too much lunch at Eric Shatt's Bakery in Bishop. If you've ever eaten there you'll understand.
4) I could use a pair of summer ventilated gloves. I have the full-fingered perforated leather version that CHP officers wear, I'm thinking about something like the Alpine Star guantlets I wear, only summerized.
5) I LOVE my SIDI Evo Stada boots. Ventilation worked WELL.
Well, that's it for today. Cheers!