There are some parameters which must be met.
* The property must have at least 10,000 square feet in a single banquet hall, in order to accommodate a minimum of 600 people for the closing banquet.
* The property must be configured to support outside and inside vendors and have meeting space sufficient to support meetings and seminars.
* There must be a minimum of 300 sleeping rooms available. We would prefer that they be in the host hotel, but can be split with a very closely proximate property.
* The property should not be in a densely populated city surrounding.
* The property must be close to areas known for scenic motorcycle riding.
* The property must have room, banquet and meeting space available for the dates August 28th through August 31st, 2009.
* The maximum altitude to be considered will be 7000 feet.
There are many other requirements which will affect the suitability of any property wishing to host our reunion, but the above are the beginning requirements for consideration. While price is a consideration, the main requirement is that the property offer value relative to the location and time of the year. We would also prefer to stay out of excessively hot, cold or humid environments, if possible.
We would especially like to consider locations in the northern half of the United States as we have yet to pick a location north of Grand Teton National Park. While some have suggested choices in British Columbia and Alberta, Canada and while those locations are especially appealing to me, I think it might prove to be logistically difficult. We will, however, certainly consider any suggestions which come our way.
Some of you have suggested that you have properties in mind that would be ideal for our reunion. If any of you would like to suggest a suitable venue for the 2009 Reunion, please end the information by email to [email protected]
Please do not post your suggestions in this forum. Please provide me with the name and location of the property, web address, if possible and any contact names and numbers. If the location does not meet the minimum requirements for space and rooms, please do not offer it as a suggestion.
We will be sending out the RFP packages by the end of the year this year and begin the vetting process prior to next spring, so please get me your suggestions ASAP.