TCML Motorcycle Lift - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old Aug 11th, 2008, 7:56 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Smile TCML Motorcycle Lift...group buy

Hi All , I just replaced the Rear main crank shaft seal on my 1995 R1100GS . I borrowed my friends Handy lift http://www.mile-x.com/index.asp?Page...ROD&ProdID=349 to do the work ....Man It was nice not to have to crawl on the ground ,... I got to get me a lift .

So , I have been looking at all the lifts out there , There are a few that made the short list . one of them is this one http://www.completehydraulic.com/tcml.html . I called them , and ask a few questions ... Like there web page says they are looking for distributors . I ask them if they ever did any group buy thing . She said they have for a car lift in the past , and if I could get 6 people interested in a group buy . They might do it for there motorcycle lift . She said that if we get a group buy going they would knock $100.00 off . Making it the same price that the distributors pay .

They have two models ...Well there the same , but one has wings & things . So I don't know if it is 6 total , or 6 of the same model .

Anyway is there any interest in a group buy on this lift ?

Thank's Patric

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Steve_R; Aug 11th, 2008 at 9:17 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 7:08 am

Re: TCML Motorcycle Lift

Patric,

PM sent

Roy

Roy Gregersen

Ride Slow, Ride Fast, Always Ride Safe
85 K100RT sold
02 LTC DOA 9/21/14
12 R1200RT
post #3 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 9:02 am

interested if there is a GB....thats a decent buy.

Do you know if its made in China? I like to buy American when possible.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL

post #4 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 9:31 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Snip >> Do you know if its made in China? I like to buy American when possible.
Good question , I will try and find out .

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
AMA Charter Lifemember

post #5 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 10:35 am

Handy is American Made. The other is an obvious knock-off.

Remember what you are doing with this thing...raising 600 to 800 pounds 30" into the air in a confined space that you and perhaps friends and family are occupying. It was worth one or two hundred dollars to me to buy the one that every major bike shop uses.

One could also negotiate a better price with Handy...we did it for Santa Fe and other CCR's. And don't forget...a Handy lift gets at least a one to two hundred premium on Craigslist and sell immediately.

TCML certainly beats lots of others available out there, but that's because they look like a pure knock-off of the Handy.

Check out all of our USA made Handy lifts today. Handy Lift Tables.

Pete Jessen
CCR 02, 03, 04, 08, 10
post #6 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 3:53 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Well I could of bought a Handy if I wanted and it was close. The thing was until I added side rails, front extension it became pretty expensive.

I bought this one:
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Ph...%2FTPXLT%2DKIT

I also asked a friend to take me and get it. I paid way lower then the regular XLT for my XLT DT because they did not have a XLT in stock when I called. They also can and will deal on the prices.

I park on it every day. And have used it a few times. Got the 12000 and Hyper Pro install coming up here so it will get used big time.

Freight is going to eat any savings on the lift if you can not pick it up and may put you into a Handy or a Greg Smith where you can pick it up sorta local with a pickup. I think I gave 50 or so in gas only a year or so ago.

Freight, fuel surcharge, and dealing with a 18 wheeler at the end of your drive way with no tail lift will be a pain. Trust me they are VERY heavy.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
post #7 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 5:29 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Hi , I called them , And found out that they the Tcml lift is made in China ,& It is made from 10 gage steel .

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
AMA Charter Lifemember

post #8 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 5:53 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

I sent this to Mile X Equipment ... They are a Handy Dealer in Coldwater Ohio .

Hi , I was wondering if you have ever had a group buy on your Handy lifts . I talked to your brad X competitor http://www.completehydraulic.com/tcml.html , and they said if I got 6 people to buy a lift , they would take $100.00 off there price on each one .
I started a thread on BMWLT.com yesterday http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...628#post322628 , to see if there was interest in it . A few would , but would prefer to by a Handy Lift . As they would rather have there money stay in the USA .

So if you do Group Buy's , please let me know , and I will kick it out to the BMWLT group . And see how it fly's

Thank You ...Patric

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
AMA Charter Lifemember

post #9 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Patric,

Thank you for asking, and Id be willing to spend more $$ to make sure that Im getting an American product.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #10 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 7:53 pm

1+ for me too.
post #11 of 16 Old Aug 12th, 2008, 9:18 pm

I just bought a used Handylift that was just like new last week or I would be in for a group buy. I love not having to be on the ground now!

05' LT Dark Grey, "Battle Star"
14' KTM 1190
03' KTM 450 EXC Dually
72' Honda SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
65' Honda CB160
70' Honda CB350
post #12 of 16 Old Aug 13th, 2008, 1:28 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Hi All , I got this back from James Byron @ Mile-X Equipment, Inc. http://www.mile-x.com/ . They are a Handy Dealer http://tinyurl.com/5qme5u in Coldwater Ohio http://tinyurl.com/5smwon .

They will give us a group Buy deal . (I will put it on the bottom of this post) .

We will need to
1: <>have to be prepaid by check or wire transfer only NO CREDIT CARDS.

2: <>There are a few thing that would affect the amount of discount. The first is quantity, but the shipping to one location or six would also affect the price or savings. I have listed below the likely price we would give if you ordered six lifts. The ship may very a lot so keep that in mind.

Now for me , I would drive down there and pick it up , so shipping wouldn't be a real big thing . It is not too far from were the MOA had its National rally in Lima Ohio a few years ago .

I don't know if we all need to get the same model , James is going to call back this afternoon and tell me more .

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Patric,
There are a few thing that would affect the amount of discount. The first is quantity, but the shipping to one location or six would also affect the price or savings. I have listed below the likely price we would give if you ordered six lifts. The ship may very a lot so keep that in mind. Thank you for the opportunity to help, and please let me know if you have any other questions. If you could please post a link to our site so that others can see the option we have. Thank you!

20000 $595 Each (No Discount)
10740 $780 Each
16000 $920 Each
14472 $1281 Each
Accessories will very!
Order would have to be prepaid by check or wire transfer only NO CREDIT CARDS.

James Byron
Mile-X Equipment, Inc.
801 North 2nd Street
Coldwater, Ohio 45828
Phone: 800.837.3818
Fax: 419.678.2489
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.mile-x.com

"With over 2800 items online!
Let us know how we can help you today!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Pat Blackman Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5:41 PM
To: [email protected] Subject: group buy

Hi , I was wondering if you have ever had a group buy on your Handy lifts . I talked to your brad X competitor http://www.completehydraulic.com/tcml.html , and they said if I got 6 people to buy a lift , they would take $100.00 off there price on each one .

I started a thread on BMWLT.com yesterday http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthre...628#post322628 , to see if there was interest in it . A few would , but would prefer to by a Handy Lift . As they would rather have there money stay in the USA .

So if you do Group Buy's , please let me know , and I will kick it out to the BMWLT group . And see how it fly's

Thank You ...Patric

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
AMA Charter Lifemember

post #13 of 16 Old Aug 13th, 2008, 3:14 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Hi All , James Byron @ Mile-X Equipment, Inc. called me with more information . He said we all didn't need to get the same lift , or ship to the same place .

But

1: To get a group buy , we need to know exactly how many of each model lift we are getting , the accessories for each one . Exactly were each is getting shipped to .Then he will tell me the exact total for the group buy would be .

2 : Then , the hard part >>>Prepay them for the total amount with one check <<.

Basically our savings would be the amount that they would have to pay the Credit Card companies .

And if we picked them up down there , you will have to pay taxes , or sign a waver to cover them , & that you are reselling them ...or something ?? So you might have tax problems if you don't do everything right .

He said that the Group Buys he has done before were to friends that lived near each other . To have things go all over the country is a lot harder to do .

I don't know if it would be worth it to jump thru all the hoops . It might save $300.oo in total or so , but ????

What Do you think .

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
AMA Charter Lifemember

post #14 of 16 Old Aug 13th, 2008, 6:31 pm

I don't pay sales tax out here & the Kendon lift is only $645, so I'm going that way.

I like the fact that the Kendon stands up in a corner.
post #15 of 16 Old Aug 13th, 2008, 8:40 pm

that makes things a bit weird. I too would pick mine up (and anyone else from the Cleve area) in my pickup. To pay in a lump sum just strikes me as odd. Im getting the heebie-jeebies on that caveat. Im going on standby status until I hear more.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #16 of 16 Old Aug 15th, 2008, 6:01 am

I recently purchased the Kendon Lift and use it often for working on the RT. Can't begin to tell you how nice it is not to have to lay down or crawl around on my knees to work on the motorcycle. When I am not using it, it lays upright, out of the way against the wall.

R1200RT
MSF RiderCoach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in