Farewell LT! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jul 20th, 2008, 9:57 pm Thread Starter

Farewell LT!

I finally did it - sold the Green Chile Pepper. Saturday, I made the last 200 mile ride to Waco to swap the bike for a cashier's check. The night before, she got a good washing and polishing, last minute going over. Found one missing body panel screw and went by Dick Largen's to scavenge one from his tool box. After several months favoring the new Triumph Tiger, I saddled up the LT again and it seemed so big. But, on the road again, the incredible agility, smoothness and comfort reminded me again why I got it in the first place. Sad in a way. And, yeah, the wife is not happy I sold her comfortable pillion. I have some work to do on the Triumph to make it wife-worthy.

Anyway, she's in good hands. Dave H. (wife Andee) from the Dallas area is the new owner. Expect him to show up here soon. I know he will find all the help he needs from you excellent folk.

For now I join the ranks of former LT owners. Monte Rogers, Mike Watts, Bert Navin, Tom Cantrell, others... I'll stay in touch on the list and will still be a faithful attender of the Leon Springs Starbucks coffee klatch every Friday morning. Expect to see me at RTEs and an occasional tech session as well.

Sort of been Jonesing for a Triumph ever since I saw the British National Motorcycle Museum in 2001 (before it burned down). All the reviews of the newer Triumph products out of the new Hinckley factory were very positive. So far, I haven't been disappointed. Three cylinder engines kick butt. End of a phase, beginning of a new one.

Cheers, y'all

Dave Moore
Boerne, Texas
Chain-driven '08 Blazing Orange Triumph Tiger 1050i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jul 20th, 2008, 10:13 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Farewell LT!

Glad you're liking life on the Tiger and hope you can get things squared away...

Keep checking in from time to time.... or come to an RTE...

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Jul 21st, 2008, 6:29 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell
Glad you're liking life on the Tiger and hope you can get things squared away...

UUUUUMmmm We have not seen you at ANY RTE's lately there Mr Chan

Stevie Shreeve

post #4 of 9 Old Jul 21st, 2008, 9:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
UUUUUMmmm We have not seen you at ANY RTE's lately there Mr Chan
And neither one of those guyz need to wait on an RTE..... there is a breakfast klatch next Satiday near Canyon Lake. Ed's Old Windmill on 306 actually turns out some pretty good chow. There wuz some concern when ownership changed awhile back, butt it's a non-concern now. Huge parking lot; plenty of sit-down grouped tables; a buffet; and sorta, kinda not-too-straight roads gittin' there.

Hey, Dave and Doug; Dodgin' Duck at 0700. And we'll invite anybody else who shows up at *$$ (Russ is at Paonia, and Bert is running amok in the northern states) Friday.
post #5 of 9 Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 9:20 am

Good luck for ya Dave. You sure got a purdy color bike now and I thought you had the best looking LT ever made.

"BONES" <///><
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."
post #6 of 9 Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 10:58 am

Blessing to you and the new bike! But, as one who knows, you will never hear the end of "I liked the LT better!" from your wife. Don't ask me how I know.

Jack Homesley
Cornelius, NC USA
'06 Goldwing - "The Black Pearl"
Too many others to list...

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 9 Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 10:52 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
And neither one of those guyz need to wait on an RTE..... there is a breakfast klatch next Satiday near Canyon Lake. Ed's Old Windmill on 306 actually turns out some pretty good chow. There wuz some concern when ownership changed awhile back, butt it's a non-concern now. Huge parking lot; plenty of sit-down grouped tables; a buffet; and sorta, kinda not-too-straight roads gittin' there.

Hey, Dave and Doug; Dodgin' Duck at 0700. And we'll invite anybody else who shows up at *$$ (Russ is at Paonia, and Bert is running amok in the northern states) Friday.
Have to check with the War Department. This is last weekend before the Phoenix trip. But I scored some points the past few days making remodeling progress in the MBR (taping, floating, painting, new windows). Put me down as a definite maybe.

Dave Moore
Boerne, Texas
post #8 of 9 Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 10:57 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpastorjack
Blessing to you and the new bike! But, as one who knows, you will never hear the end of "I liked the LT better!" from your wife. Don't ask me how I know.
Not asking, already know! I have to lower the passenger pegs and pad the pillion seat, then it might be OK. Of course, nothing is better than an LT cushy seat, with arm rests and padded backrest. I "made" her ride 400 miles on the Tiger to College Station and back a few weekends ago and I still hear about it...

Dave Moore
Boerne, Texas
post #9 of 9 Old Jul 22nd, 2008, 10:58 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfell

I, uh, was at the Stephenville RTE. Musta missed you!

Dave Moore
Boerne, Texas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in