I have fully crossed over. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Jun 20th, 2008, 12:34 pm Thread Starter

I have fully crossed over.

I must say at this time. I've been converted. Back to a cruiser rider.

Haven't ridden the LT any distance since acquiring the CLC. Stopped in today and picked up a shorty helmet.. It's just too damn hot here in Oklahoma.

Got the LT all prettied up and ready for a new owner, Whomever that may turn out to be. Anybody needs one I've got a gooden for sale. That's all I have to say about that.

Gotta put the stock windshield back on the CLC today. The tall CeeBailey is just too tall for me in the summer. It'll be a great winter windshield though.

All in all I think the CLC is the coolest BMW I have in the barn.
I think I like it much better than I would have an RT. Which in my opinion is just a smaller LT, but that's good. I'm just more of a cruiser than a sport bike kind of guy. The CLC will go plenty fast enough for me to die on.

And it sounds so good..... I'm going to make a wav file and post it later...

See you guys on the road. I'm not going anywhere, I'll still be around here because of all the friends I've made.

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Jun 20th, 2008, 4:06 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Re: I have fully crossed over.

Glad you found one you can really enjoy John, after all that is the bottom line. Who cares about Momma as long as Papa's happy . See ya down the road.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

post #3 of 7 Old Jun 20th, 2008, 4:52 pm

I think the CLC's are the coolest looking bike out there. They are even better looking than the Honda Rune.

"BONES" <///><

2018 R1200RT
2002 K1200LTC--- Belle

"My wife and I have an understanding. I won't try to run her life and I won't try to run mine."

post #4 of 7 Old Jun 20th, 2008, 9:16 pm
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Yep was eye balling CLC's before I bit on a new LT. I still look at them on various sale areas.

I too think they are very cool looking. Have a ball!

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
post #5 of 7 Old Jun 21st, 2008, 2:31 pm

Note to self.....steer clear of Oklahoma City...the world's best mobile LT workshop/spares store is going outa business...

Good luck Johnno, you did advise me that things would be changing, but I never thought this.....how much for the drive?

Say hi to the cheese and kisses....and many thanks to you kind folks once again.

Ralph
Located: Auckland, New Zealand...
but I left my biking heart along the Scenic Byways of America.....

"Come fill the cup that clears
Today of past regrets and future fears." ....Omar Khayyam
post #6 of 7 Old Jun 21st, 2008, 3:49 pm

Thumbs up Re: I have fully crossed over.

Loved my CLC's. Both of them. the first one positioned itself in the path of a "no light cage" that was hiding behind an early morning car at a really crazy intersection with bypasses and protected turn lanes. He came straight and T-boned me. (I turned Left in front of him) totaled both bike and car. When LEO arrived he was looking for a body bag because of all the Auto parts on the site and my bike was back on the side stand with very little noticeable damage. (Unless you knew where to look) Second one had a soft side stand mount and after three attempts to repair same and the loss of almost the total 05 riding season. BMW made a change of collateral on the original purchase agreement (5 free payments and 0.9% interest) for the LT. FYI the LT was the bike that got me in the dealers shop in the first place. The Silver CLC blocked the doorway and shouted "Buy me, Buy me, so loud that I was distracted from the original intent. the cleaning dude called the owner and got permission to let me in till the owner arrived (they were closed). And the rest is history.

Loved the attention the bike got at almost every stop and location. Bike pulled in any gear and the Russell Seat that was 4 days installed B4 Crash, made the bike almost perfect and were there not a small sour taste for the 04 side stand issue, I would most likely still have one in my yard.

Enjoy a great bike

Toby in New York
1983 R80RT Red (sold)
'03 R1200CLC (T-boned and replaced with)
'04 R1200CL Sidestand problem, BMW traded me for
'05 K1200LT. Goldie, Priceless
Lusting after K1600 GTL
post #7 of 7 Old Jun 21st, 2008, 4:38 pm

Had an 04 CLC as my first bike and it just did not turn out to be the right one for me. I do still have the original windscreen from that bike. Let me know if you would like it and I will send it to you if you handle the postage.

CaryB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in