HF Fuelmaster Gas Saver - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Jun 18th, 2008, 7:31 pm Thread Starter

HF Fuelmaster Gas Saver

Not sure if this should be here or in the humor area:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=36098

Quote from the specs:

* Provides 11.6% average highway fuel savings as tested by an EPA accepted laboratory
* Prevents build-up of dirt in engine injectors

Enjoy.

Adam
2006 K1200LT 2001 Kawi KLR650
The
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wants YOU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Jun 18th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Wink Re: HF Fuelmaster Gas Saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by browad

Quote from the specs:

* Provides 11.6% average highway fuel savings as tested by an EPA accepted laboratory

Enjoy.
Just think how much improvement you'd have if you strapped on 3 or 4 of them. Combine these with one of the "Hurricane" gizmos that go in the air intake and your gas tank will actully fill up as you drive!
post #3 of 15 Old Jun 18th, 2008, 8:15 pm
Wrencher Extraordinaire

Re: HF Fuelmaster Gas Saver

Too bad it only works on four cylinder cars and trucks, I was going to get one for the LT and the Lincoln.

John
2009 K1300GT Red Rocket
2009 R1200GS (Gone)
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue Blue Wizard 110 K and counting...
2006 Bushtec Turbo+2 Spell
2004 330 Ci Convertable
K4AN

Have ridden a Motorcycle in all 48
But lack DE, MA, RI and CT with the 2005 LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 Old Jun 18th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Quote:

Quote from the specs:

Enjoy.
When you not using on the fuel line for added gas mileage you could strap it around your wrist and it will improve your golf game.

Sonny
post #5 of 15 Old Jun 18th, 2008, 8:31 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

And it'll also remove alternator whine from your radio and trip those troublesome traffic lights.

"Provides 11.6% average highway fuel savings as tested by an EPA accepted laboratory."

Note that it doesn't specify which "EPA accepted laboratory." Hmm.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 15 Old Jun 18th, 2008, 8:47 pm

Absolutely AMAZING!

It "breaks up clusters of hydrocarbon for more complete burning."

You know darned well if it came from China (and I have NEVER seen anything in Harbor Freight that hasn't) its got to be freakin' awesome.

Side story: I bought a HF "solar powered battery charger" to keep up the charge on several truck batterries I have parked but not used that often. While the charger worked fine the red plastic frame MELTED while sitting on the dash - and this was 4 months ago when it was COLD in Tucson!

They did give me my money back without a receipt. When will I EVER learn to stay out of that stoopid store!

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #7 of 15 Old Jun 18th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Ya know if you throw that on the inside of you tire, it would dynamically balance it and save you fuel that way.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #8 of 15 Old Jun 18th, 2008, 9:46 pm

I bet if you strapped one to Al Gore's head, it might possibly cause clear and rational thought.
post #9 of 15 Old Jun 18th, 2008, 10:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdriver51
I bet if you strapped one to Al Gore's head, it might possibly cause clear and rational thought.
Yeah... seems his "greening" of his home has resulted in an INCREASE of power being used.... Must be due to keeping the INTERNET up and running.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #10 of 15 Old Jun 19th, 2008, 4:49 am

I was in China a few weeks ago and they have a similar device that they have integrated into a bottle. You put in "normal" drinking water, that is then transformed into a super liquid which heals your body...

'07 - R1200RT Slippery Silver

MOA #107139
RA #28511

Past rides:
'03 R1150RT - MAXed out
'03 K1200LTC - Gone to the Darko side
'00 Kawasaki Concours - Buzz
'71 Honda SL350 - The original dual-sport
'72 Kawasaki 250 triple - The smoking gun
'67 Montgomery Wards 125 - Thrashed to death
post #11 of 15 Old Jun 19th, 2008, 8:19 am

Talking Re: HF Fuelmaster Gas Saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWphreak
I was in China a few weeks ago and they have a similar device that they have integrated into a bottle. You put in "normal" drinking water, that is then transformed into a super liquid which heals your body...
Are you saying that Jesus was Chinese???

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #12 of 15 Old Jun 19th, 2008, 9:53 am

Quote:

Quote from the specs:

Enjoy.
Sez - "for use on four cylinder cars and trucks"!!

So, you buy two of 'em if you have an 8 cylinder??

We used to (maybe they still do, dunno) have a similar aftermarket gimmick in the swimming pool industry. Strap a magnet to your pool pipes and gain an unheard of cleaning/purifying advantage by reversing the polarity of the water molecules. Really? Said you could use less chlorine and get better water clarity and purity. If I'da kept all the ones I removed from folk's pool systems, I could bring traffic to a standstill out front of the casa!!!
post #13 of 15 Old Jun 19th, 2008, 12:49 pm

Oh well, he did INVENT it you know so he should be able to use it all he wants!!
post #14 of 15 Old Jun 19th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Devices such as this are mandatory in a few other countries. I was involved with fuel devices in the 90's and talked with quite a few inventors, one happened to sell a device similar to this. His partner was threatened by the powers that run the oil markets, and quit. This guy went on to sell his product, outside the US. It worked quite well on smaller cars, and those without the auto adjust computer systems.

I had a device that worked very well on older vehicles with carbs (FI was much more difficult to install and too risky). You spliced the metal fuel lines and replaced with non conductive rubber. It atomized the fuel, 0% emissions, 10-15% increase in mileage - and that was mostly on 8 cyls. Had all kinds of gvt'/oil compnay paid "professional BS artists" visiting my home..sent me to a number of test facilities for installs, EPA sites - at my expense. It worked extremely well. So well in fact, they did not want to return or pay for the units. The gvt' used it to obtain a patent for fuel atomization - I got nothing. A big and expensive lesson.

What amazed me was, they could document in five minutes, what took me months to test on the road. The tech working at the refinery test center was astounded at the results.

Anyone that has any device that can potentially enhance MPG, and your name is known to those of interest, in less than a few hours. Everywhere I went, they knew all about the device, before I said one word.

The device I had, was tested on two engines for Dale Earnhardt. Done in the rear of a NAPA dealer, private engine testing facility in PA., who would have guessed?

My brother still has one on a 71 Ford truck I sold him, a monster V8 - which still passes emissions last I heard.

Of the group of people I knew of that were part of trying to distribute this product, well over $500k was lost in the venture. There are many fuel savings products that have been withheld from the public.

My neighbor's son's company recently created some high tech intake manifold. Huge increase in MPG - you are not going to hear about or see it any time soon. It no longer exists.

I worked for a garage in the 70's. The owner had someone bring in a new car with a complaint the gas gage was not working. Ran hundreds of miles and the gage was not going down. They called the manufacturer. The car was replaced the next day! It was an experimental high mpg car, which got out by mistake. Believe it, or not.

};^()
post #15 of 15 Old Jun 19th, 2008, 8:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yechave
I worked for a garage in the 70's. The owner had someone bring in a new car with a complaint the gas gage was not working. Ran hundreds of miles and the gage was not going down. They called the manufacturer. The car was replaced the next day! It was an experimental high mpg car, which got out by mistake. Believe it, or not.

};^()
LOL! There must of been HUNDREDS of those cars that got out, because I've heard that same story from hundreds of different people in my career!

With the price of fuel, all these old 'snake oil' remedies will start coming out of the woodwork again, same way they did back in the oil crisis days. None of them do what they claim to do.

If you want better MPG, do the following:

SLOW DOWN!
Keep your tires inflated properly.
Get the extra 'junk in your trunk' out (car trunk, not your butt).
Remove the bicycle / kayak / ski rack from the roof of your car.
Maintain your vehicle.
Did I mention SLOW DOWN?
Oh, yeah, dump the SUV and get a more efficient vehicle - like a motorcycle!

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in