Motorcycle Cigar Smoker - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 5:06 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Motorcycle Cigar Smoker

I have been on a search for a way to smoke my favorite hand rolled cigars while on a long trip.

Like most, I have tried just lighting up, and, while you do get in a bit of a smoke the cigar just doesn't burn well and the ashes fly everywhere. I tried drilling a hole in the end of one of those metal cigar tubes but the cigar laid against the side and burned the wrapper up the side of the cigar that touched the side.

The other day while driving the truck and drinking a fast food drink, I thought about how the straw was held in the middle of the lid and how that could solve the problem. My next trip, I cut some slits in the foot of a paper cup and put the cigar through the straw opening. Worked like a champ!!!

As this idea has evolved, I now use a child's "sippy" cup with a soft rubbery lid with mouthpiece. Cut off the mouthpiece just below the moulded valve and cut some openings in the bottle. I cut slits near the base but if were to do it over, I think I would drill holes further up so that the ash could be contained in the bottom. The cigar is pushed through the mouthpiece which holds it in place and keeps the cigar from hitting the side of the bottle resulting in a proper burn of the cigar.

I would only recommend using the "Motorcycle Cigar Smoker" while on the Interstate and plan to add a piece of velcro so I would not have to hold it all the time.

I would be interested in hearing how others have solved the cigar smoking / riding problem.

Kim Thomson
Motorcycle Cigar Smoker
05 K1200LT - The Golden Rocket Ship
91 K100RS - The White Stallion
85 K100 Standard - Big Red
79 R65 - "The Bee" is a buzzin' again!
06 525i - Premium, Sport, Comfort, Xenons

Gone, but not forgotten...
02 K1200LTC - Big Blue (accident at 40k)
88 K100RT - Chocolate (it was brown, melted - fire)
85 K100RT - (wore out)
82 Yamaha Vision - (electrics)
72 Yamaha R5C 350 - (broke trans)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 6:20 pm

Re: Motorcycle Cigar Smoker

I quit smoking years ago after a minor heart attack and a year before bypass surgery. I don't recommend smoking. Period.

Just as a matter of personal opinion, I would never, ever, recommend smoking on a motorcyle. If you really need a smoke when riding a motorcyle, I'd suggest stopping and take a break to do so.

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT (sold - sigh)
1996 Sinus (aka Cirrus) Blue Metallic R1100RT
post #3 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 6:25 pm

That would look kinda suspicious to a policeman.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!

post #4 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 6:41 pm

Years ago (about 10) I saw motorcycle riders using what appeared to be a glass tube for smoking their cigarettes in the same fashion as you described for your cigars.

Kudos to you for your inventiveness.
post #5 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 7:00 pm

According to the American Lung Association cigar smoking has similar consequences to cigarette smoking including four to ten times the risk of dying from oral, esophageal or laryngeal cancer in comparison to nonsmokers.

In the United States, there will be an estimated 47,500 new cases of head and neck cancer (HNCA) in 2008, with 11,200 people dying from the disease.

It is estimated that 80-90% of all head and neck are caused by tobacco and alcohol use. Tobacco includes cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and smokeless tobacco (chew, dip, snuff, and betel quid). Tobacco users are between 20-40 times more likely to develop head and neck cancer than non-smokers.

Since this is a family friendly web site I'll spare the pictures of throat and tongue cancer.

Not preaching - just stating the facts.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #6 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 7:04 pm

For me, this subject is starting to rank with religion and politics.

I don't think there is a single person in the US that doesn't know that smoking is bad and can cause cancer and kill.

Don't preach to those of us, who either through addiction or choice, continue the habbit.

I'm sure you have some bad habits and skeletons that you don't want preached to about either.

Thanks.

James Ranks
2008 BMW R1200RT 7200 miles
2005 BMW R1200GS 13000 miles (Sold)
2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Sold) 11000 miles
2002 BMW K1200LTC 29900 miles (Sold)
2002 Yamaha VSTAR-650 Silverado (Sold) 9100 miles
post #7 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 7:10 pm

I'll stop smoking when you stop bombarding me with your second-hand radiation (from your cell phones, etc).

It's amazing how we attack one thing but fail to understand that vehicle exhaust, emf, etc have consequences on the human body as well. If we are so truly concerned, let's stop everything that could harm ourselves or others.

True story. I was at a restaurant in Miami, waiting outside for a table. The front door is probably 20 feet from the parking lot, where there was a small bench (near the street). I was sitting on the bench and I lit up. About ten feet from me there was a lady with a baby in a baby carrier. She said, "excuse me, do you mind. I have a baby." She had the child carrier right next to the curb on the ground, with cars driving right by. Some people! Need less to say, I kept on smoking.

I'm not an ahole, but at least make sense if you're going to correct me.
post #8 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 7:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranks
For me, this subject is starting to rank with religion and politics.

I don't think there is a single person in the US that doesn't know that smoking is bad and can cause cancer and kill.

Don't preach to those of us, who either through addiction or choice, continue the habbit.

I'm sure you have some bad habits and skeletons that you don't want preached to about either.

Thanks.
I have a very dear friend who is in the last stages of a very aggressive throat cancer caused by smoking - there is absolutely no doubt what caused it.

If I can help one person from going through the hell he and his family are currently suffering by bringing the facts of smoking to light - instead of glamorizing it like the tobacco industry STILL DOES - then - I'll do it EVERY time.

This topic DOES NOT belong on the LT forum and should be moved to "chit chat."

This forum is resevered for discussion centering on the LT... 'nuff said.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #9 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 7:26 pm

I believe this thread started out with a motivated cyclist sharing his ideas. Others turned it political.

BTW, My mother in law died 8 years ago from Cancer and was a lifetime smoker. My Brother in law died last week and he too was a lifetime smoker.

I smoke cigars, pipes, and hookahs, very rarely, but I like the fact that I still can if I want to...and I can go to any church too.

Yes, I support out troops.

Yes, I support this thread staying on topic of innovations.

Now...enough said by me.
post #10 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 7:35 pm

Sorry I contributed to getting off track. Didn't mean to hijack.

That's great that the sippy cup works- very creative. I don't think I could do it myself. The picture in my head of me with a smoking sippy cup in my mouth, riding down the road isn't pretty... in fact, it freaks me out a little.

I'll wait til I have a 30 minute- 1 hour stop.
post #11 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 7:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwoodD
Sorry I contributed to getting off track. Didn't mean to hijack.

That's great that the sippy cup works- very creative. I don't think I could do it myself. The picture in my head of me with a smoking sippy cup in my mouth, riding down the road isn't pretty... in fact, it freaks me out a little.

I'll wait til I have a 30 minute- 1 hour stop.
Hmmm, since this forum is mostly about two up luxury touring this might work out better:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cone_of_silence2.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	17834  

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #12 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 7:54 pm

"DAMN. Where did I put that Montecristo Platinum??"

(glad to see he's wearing his four point seat belt)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sippy cup.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	17835  

"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; May 12th, 2008 at 8:24 pm.
post #13 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 8:15 pm

It is my opinion, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here. The child didnt have a choice. So, does that mean that since you drive and smoke you are twice as much at fault? You probably have a cell phone too. Sounds hypocritical to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwoodD
I'll stop smoking when you stop bombarding me with your second-hand radiation (from your cell phones, etc).

It's amazing how we attack one thing but fail to understand that vehicle exhaust, emf, etc have consequences on the human body as well. If we are so truly concerned, let's stop everything that could harm ourselves or others.

True story. I was at a restaurant in Miami, waiting outside for a table. The front door is probably 20 feet from the parking lot, where there was a small bench (near the street). I was sitting on the bench and I lit up. About ten feet from me there was a lady with a baby in a baby carrier. She said, "excuse me, do you mind. I have a baby." She had the child carrier right next to the curb on the ground, with cars driving right by. Some people! Need less to say, I kept on smoking.

I'm not an ahole, but at least make sense if you're going to correct me.

Donald
NW Arkansas
2006 K1200LT Blackish sorta kinda
BMWMOA #124197
AMA #925041

The difference between committed and involved is like a ham and egg breakfast, the chicken was involved...the pig was committed!
post #14 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennM86
I believe this thread started out with a motivated cyclist sharing his ideas. Others turned it political.

BTW, My mother in law died 8 years ago from Cancer and was a lifetime smoker. My Brother in law died last week and he too was a lifetime smoker.

I smoke cigars, pipes, and hookahs, very rarely, but I like the fact that I still can if I want to...and I can go to any church too.

Yes, I support out troops.

Yes, I support this thread staying on topic of innovations.

Now...enough said by me.
Well, since it seems this thread may have some legs after all..... although I bet it gets moved in 3,2,1....

Now THIS - is political!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	health care.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	17836  

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #15 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 8:22 pm

I had an aviator's mask with hose... wired in a heating element from a cigarette lighter..... The hose was faced forward in a stream of clear air.

Don't forget the screen.. DAMHIK.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #16 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAR
It is my opinion, that is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here. The child didnt have a choice. So, does that mean that since you drive and smoke you are twice as much at fault? You probably have a cell phone too. Sounds hypocritical to me.
Well, as Ronald Reagan used to say:

ďWhen you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.Ē

From the American Lung Association:
  • Secondhand smoke is especially harmful to young children. Secondhand smoke is responsible for between 150,000 and 300,000 lower respiratory tract infections in infants and children under 18 months of age, resulting in between 7,500 and 15,000 hospitalizations each year, and causes 430 sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) deaths in the United States annually.
  • The current Surgeon Generalís Report concluded that scientific evidence indicates that there is no risk-free level of exposure to second hand smoke. Short exposures to second hand smoke can cause blood platelets to become stickier, damage the lining of blood vessels, decrease coronary flow velocity reserves, and reduce heart rate variability, potentially increasing the risk of heart attack.
NEXT??

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #17 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 9:25 pm

You are hijacking this like a Iranian terrorist. Start your own thread and leave the smokers Here alone.

BMW'S ARE THE WORST BIKE IN THE WORLD, CEPT' WHEN YOU COMPARE THEM TO EVERYTHING ELSE!
post #18 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 9:37 pm

Smoking like riding a motorcycle is a personal choice both have risks and you can find people that belive both are too dangerous and should NOT be enjoyed.

I do not smoke I don't like it but I will never suggest you shouldn't be able to.

Oh and I have had at least two friends die from lung cancer and several more than that from riding a motorcycle.

Dave

BMWMOA #120588
website has been hacked - down for now
Riding since '65 - 30+ bikes (lost count)
Current Stable:
'06 R12GS Adv, '98 Buell, '95 Ultra, '95 Fatboy, '71 Rickman, '53 Panhead
2009-2010 KxxxxLT or whenever BMW updates the platform

post #19 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 9:46 pm

Taking this in a different direction: I'd like to see a picture of this cigar-smoking contraption. Not that I'd use it (I'm not a smoker), I'd just like to see it. In my mind's eye I can see Rube Goldberg smiling!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #20 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 9:47 pm
King of the Castle

Talking Re: Motorcycle Cigar Smoker

I'm trying to devise a way to have sex with my wife while driving down the interstate and, oddly enough, it also involves Velcro a sippy cup, and a cigar.

Bruce

2012 Kawasaki Concours
2014 BMW K1600 GTL Exclusive
2006 Harley Road Glide

post #21 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 9:51 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanugo
I'm trying to devise a way to have sex with my wife while driving down the interstate and, oddly enough, it also involves Velcro a sippy cup, and a cigar.
Now THAT IS funny!

A sidecar might be helpful, or a really, really custom seat.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #22 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 9:51 pm

More tobacco hysteria, it's everywhere. It seems to be common knowledge among the antis that smoking causes all illness. We should just all quit smoking and live forever.
post #23 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 10:49 pm

I still enjoy a good cigar... and does my 92 y/o grandfather.

You are an individual, you choose what you do to your body.

Why would you tell me how to live my life? I enjoy a good cigar while sitting on my private pond many miles from anyone... you can't tell me I am hurting anyone other than my-self... I enjoy.

'10 1200 GSA -- Banana!!
'06 CRF450X -- Just trouble
BMWMOA #132301

post #24 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 11:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
  • Secondhand smoke is especially harmful to young children. Secondhand smoke is responsible for between 150,000 and 300,000 lower respiratory tract infections in infants and children under 18 months of age, resulting in between 7,500 and 15,000 hospitalizations each year, and causes 430 sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) deaths in the United States annually.
  • The current Surgeon Generalís Report concluded that scientific evidence indicates that there is no risk-free level of exposure to second hand smoke. Short exposures to second hand smoke can cause blood platelets to become stickier, damage the lining of blood vessels, decrease coronary flow velocity reserves, and reduce heart rate variability, potentially increasing the risk of heart attack.
NEXT??
You would have to be a Blue Angel trained motorcycle rider to get second hand smoke from anybody that might be smoking while riding their K1200LT at highway speeds.

I would also hope that your passenger would never be an infants or child under 18 months of age.
post #25 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 11:27 pm

Quote:
I am picturing a design of a rider's seat in the rear of the bike, with the passenger seat in front, rear facing.

I wonder how unstable the steering would be with the extra long adapters to accomodate the "sex machine"...K1200SX???
post #26 of 67 Old May 12th, 2008, 11:42 pm

Quiting smoking turned out to be alot easier than the surgery and 30 rounds of radiation I went through this time last year.

Craig Hutchison
02 Pac Blue (Aka Blue Ox)
34į 14í 12.63 N
119į 01í 21.64 W

Why coast through Life when you can Corner it.
post #27 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 12:33 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Well, as Ronald Reagan used to say:

ďWhen you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.Ē

NEXT??
It isn't illegal. Get off the guy for wanting to do something that is perfectly legal within this country. Sure, he may die because of it, but you, or any one of us for that matter may die because we enjoy riding motorcycles. Sorry for your personal acquaintances. Now let the guy have his advice and quit being a jackass.

Heracleitus

'12 Victory Cross Country Vivian Vader
'07 LT
die Blau Frau SOLD!
MBW-MOA Member #140221
post #28 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 6:07 am

Since this thread is about smoking on a motorcycle and not LT exclusive, it has been moved to the this forum.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #29 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 7:56 am

I have Chantix in my possession and when I am off the Vicodin from the surgery I will start it up. Most smokers know that smoking is going to kill or at least shorten their life span. We are not that stupid!

post #30 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 11:14 am

Quote:
Years ago (about 10) I saw motorcycle riders using what appeared to be a glass tube for smoking their cigarettes in the same fashion as you described for your cigars.
Nowadays, that's commonly referred to as a crack pipe.

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
post #31 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 11:25 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat_n_Telle
Nowadays, that's commonly referred to as a crack pipe.
I was going to say the same thing.

Heracleitus

'12 Victory Cross Country Vivian Vader
'07 LT
die Blau Frau SOLD!
MBW-MOA Member #140221
post #32 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 11:40 am
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

For a group of motorcycle riders this is just about as far away from live and let live as you can come.

What an opinionated, closed minded group of individuals, like I have never seen.

Get REAL, the guy shared something that some of us smokers are interested in and it turns into a soap box.

This place just never ceases to amaze me.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
post #33 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 11:57 am

Talking Re: Motorcycle Cigar Smoker

I'm not getting involved in the whole smoking issue, but I WOULD like to see a picture of Kim riding his LT down the road with a baby cup sticking out of his mouth!

2006 k1200LT........my 13th!
post #34 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 11:59 am

The LT afforded so much wind protection that I just smoked the cigar. True, it would go it and even burn unevenly. But, it was fun and added enjoyment to my ride.

The GT doesn't have as much wind protection, so I don't smoke on it. That's why they make Copenhagen.

We were at Wursfest (the celebration of the sausage) in New Braunfels, TX. I was standing in an open area of at an acre of land smoking a ceegar and talking to some friends. A lady pushed her baby carriage up to me and asked me to put my ceegar out. I politley declined. She went and got a cop, told him I was drunk, unruly and had insulted her. Turns out I went to high school with said cop, my friends were witnesses, I haven't had so much as a drink in 15 years and she went packing with her tail twixt her legs.

Those of you that blast us 'baccy users- Do you drink? Work out religiously and have the optimum weight for your height? Do you eat healthy? Practice safety with your knitting needles? I could prolly go on.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #35 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 2:25 pm

IMHO

I absolutely don't mind anyone smoking. I personally think its their right to do so, but just like most other laws, as long as it doesn't affect someone else. Someone coming up to you when you are smoking away from everyone else is horsecrap. Smoking next to someone just because you can is horsecrap too.

Grif, all do respect, but none of those things you mentioned affects anyone else. I don't do any of those things you mentioned, but nobody can get any health issues from it except for me. Like I said, if what your doing affects someone else then I don't agree with it.

Here in Arkansas is you smoke with a child in your car under 6 years and/or 60 pounds you will be ticketed.

Donald
NW Arkansas
2006 K1200LT Blackish sorta kinda
BMWMOA #124197
AMA #925041

The difference between committed and involved is like a ham and egg breakfast, the chicken was involved...the pig was committed!
post #36 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 2:52 pm

I'm certainly not opposed to smokers/dippers, heck I enjoy the occasional dip or three daily.

My question would be how do you smoke if you have a full-face helmet like mine? Maybe the next generation of lids can incorporate an optional cigar port in the chin bar. . .

James Hart
2002 LTE Titan Silver
1992 Yamaha Virago 750 (given to friend)
River Oaks, TX
post #37 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer100
I'm certainly not opposed to smokers/dippers, heck I enjoy the occasional dip or three daily.

My question would be how do you smoke if you have a full-face helmet like mine? Maybe the next generation of lids can incorporate an optional cigar port in the chin bar. . .
Flip up for me.

post #38 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 9:57 pm

post #39 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Hey, I'm for real!

I had a R100RT with an oversize windscreen set up just for enjoying a ceegar while on the road. With the barn door fairing and all the windscreen, it was a breeze! Puff...puff.........One of life's simple little pleasures!

post #40 of 67 Old May 13th, 2008, 10:43 pm

Quote:
Ever hear of a "reach around"

Nelson
99 K1200LT
post #41 of 67 Old May 14th, 2008, 6:52 am

Personally, I donít care if someone smokes. Iím a reformed smoker myself. I know how much better Iíve felt in the last 10 years since quitting. But, like my religious or political beliefs, Iím not about to try to convince you that Iím right and youíre wrong. Itís a personal choice. Thatís what freedom is all about.

As far as second hand smoke goes, I believe that itís not good for you. That being said, I donít believe that all the statistics are right either. You can skew any statistic any way you want. Thereís too much bias out there. For just about any issue, you show me one study that says one thing; Iíll show you another that says the opposite.

Hereís the bottom line about second hand smoke for me, and I believe for most people. After spending the evening in the company of a room full of smokers, by the time I get home, I have to undress on the back porch and take the clothes directly to the washing machine and take an extended shower to wash the SMELL out of my hair and off my body. I never noticed this SMELL when I smoked.

There is rarely a situation that a compromise canít be reached between a smoker and a non smoker, unless one or both are a$$holes. Just my 2 cents worth.

Dave
'06 K1200LT
'93 K1100LT (Hers)
AMA #956231
BMWMOA #130553
post #42 of 67 Old May 14th, 2008, 8:46 am

I see no reason to get all over the guy because he wants to enjoy a good cigar while riding. Heck, I would too, but I can't afford to buy a really good cigar with all the money I spend on methamphetimines and heroin.

I'm trying to devise a way to install an IV drip bag on the antenna of the LT. Finding that vein on a bumpy road is so difficult....

(Now THAT should start a few good responses!)

Beautify America - Get a Tattoo!
2002 K1200LT (going, going, GONE)
post #43 of 67 Old May 14th, 2008, 2:40 pm

How about hanging your IV back from your brake or clutch master cylinder using a RAM mount with a tall adapter?
post #44 of 67 Old May 14th, 2008, 8:01 pm

Garage

I can't stand bleeding hearts. PA is about to pass a no smoking bill. Being a life long non-smoker that doesn't believe in telling someone else what to do, or being told what to do, I'll buy my first pack of cigarettes.
post #45 of 67 Old May 14th, 2008, 10:08 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1200rtc1
I can't stand bleeding hearts. PA is about to pass a no smoking bill. Being a life long non-smoker that doesn't believe in telling someone else what to do, or being told what to do, I'll buy my first pack of cigarettes.
COOL! or should I say "Kool"

Hey, if you got em' - SMOKE em!

No bleeding hearts here - got any bleeding GUMS there??

Boy howdy, am I gonna' get spanked hard for this.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	oral 1.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	17874   Click image for larger version

Name:	oral 3.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	17875   Click image for larger version

Name:	oral 4.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	17876  

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #46 of 67 Old May 15th, 2008, 12:31 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812
Most smokers know that smoking is going to kill or at least shorten their life span. We are not that stupid!
Um, do you not see the blatant inconsistency in those statements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost55
We should just all quit smoking and live forever.
Works for me.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Last edited by meese; May 15th, 2008 at 12:36 am.
post #47 of 67 Old May 15th, 2008, 12:37 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
I am picturing a design of a rider's seat in the rear of the bike, with the passenger seat in front, rear facing.
Trust me, it's not nearly that complicated, if you have a willing and somewhat limber partner.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #48 of 67 Old May 15th, 2008, 8:53 am

Now what's wrong with a couple of guys enjoying a smoke???

I'd like to see the sippy cup
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cigar8if.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	17882  

2005 KLT "Old Blue"

Bruno the "Bugg"

Democracy will only exist until 51% of the population believes they can live off the other 49% .
post #49 of 67 Old May 16th, 2008, 10:05 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

WOW! Sure didn't see the negative reaction some folks would have to my solution to smoke a cigar while on a long trip.

Having trouble uploading the picture. It says it is done but no picture???

Kim Thomson
Motorcycle Cigar Smoker
05 K1200LT - The Golden Rocket Ship
91 K100RS - The White Stallion
85 K100 Standard - Big Red
79 R65 - "The Bee" is a buzzin' again!
06 525i - Premium, Sport, Comfort, Xenons

Gone, but not forgotten...
02 K1200LTC - Big Blue (accident at 40k)
88 K100RT - Chocolate (it was brown, melted - fire)
85 K100RT - (wore out)
82 Yamaha Vision - (electrics)
72 Yamaha R5C 350 - (broke trans)

Last edited by alabrew; May 16th, 2008 at 10:38 am.
post #50 of 67 Old May 17th, 2008, 12:58 pm
THE Democracy Doctor

Location: We LOVE illegals and Socialists, Sunny, Southern Kommyfornia,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAF
For a group of motorcycle riders this is just about as far away from live and let live as you can come.

What an opinionated, closed minded group of individuals, like I have never seen.

Get REAL, the guy shared something that some of us smokers are interested in and it turns into a soap box.

This place just never ceases to amaze me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabrew
WOW! Sure didn't see the negative reaction some folks would have to my solution to smoke a cigar while on a long trip....
Yes, it's amazing how people nut up tighter than a rusty old drum over nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat_n_Telle
I see no reason to get all over the guy because he wants to enjoy a good cigar while riding. Heck, I would too, but I can't afford to buy a really good cigar with all the money I spend on methamphetimines and heroin....
If we just stopped this stupid drug war, you could afford your meth, heroin AND CIGARS!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Some really OLD friggin' White dude who couldn't have possibly known what he was talking about!) WARNING: Official HATE speech!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in