Any discounts for forum members? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Apr 25th, 2008, 9:27 pm Thread Starter

Any discounts for forum members?

I am in the market for new BMW apparel for my wife and Arai RX7 Corsair helmet. Does anyone know if our suppliers give any discouts to members? I would also like an alarm for my GT and larger horn. I remember someone mentioning in this site some place about discounts from BOBs BMW or was it Chicago BMW. I might be wrong but I was just wondering

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Apr 25th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Re: Any discounts for forum members?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedr
I am in the market for new BMW apparel for my wife and Arai RX7 Corsair helmet. Does anyone know if our suppliers give any discouts to members? I would also like an alarm for my GT and larger horn. I remember someone mentioning in this site some place about discounts from BOBs BMW or was it Chicago BMW. I might be wrong but I was just wondering
Yep, Gauthama - you're right. Chicago BMW does offer about a 20% discount to us. However --- call 'em to verify if it applies to apparel and helmets. I'm not sure on that. My only experience with them is on parts.
post #3 of 11 Old Apr 25th, 2008, 10:39 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Yep, Gauthama - you're right. Chicago BMW does offer about a 20% discount to us. However --- call 'em to verify if it applies to apparel and helmets. I'm not sure on that. My only experience with them is on parts.
Thank you Dick. I will call to see if includes those items. Do you have a specific contact to talk to that knows about the arrangement? Or any person from parts or apparel will do.

BMWMOA # 130458

post #4 of 11 Old Apr 25th, 2008, 10:43 pm

Quote:
Thank you Dick. I will call to see if includes those items. Do you have a specific contact to talk to that knows about the arrangement? Or any person from parts or apparel will do.
Just tell 'em who you are and that you're on the BMW.LT site - that should get you in the door!! You want the parts department first and they'll either handle it, or connect you with the apparel department. Good luck.
post #5 of 11 Old Apr 25th, 2008, 10:54 pm Thread Starter

Thank you again for your help.

BMWMOA # 130458

post #6 of 11 Old Apr 26th, 2008, 5:05 am

Quote:
For BMW-brand apparel and BMW parts (perhaps the alarm), it makes sense to go to a BMW dealer, such as Chicago BMW. If you buy from Chicago BMW, expect a long wait for delivery. I ordered a tool kit from them and it took a month between order and delivery. My guess is that they didn't have it in stock, but had to order it from Germany.

For non-BMW-branded stuff such as the Arai helmet and the horn (and maybe a non-BMW alarm), consider a third-party source. They may have a wider variety of colors and sizes for the helmet. Unless you are very certain about the size, it is hard to imagine buying a helmet through the mail, though.

Where I live in Southern California, there is a store called Chaparral. It sells nothing but motorcycles and related accessories and is easily the size of a large Walmart (really!). http://www.chaparral-racing.com/ They don't sell BMW-brand stuff.

Full disclosure: I never tried their mail order. There are lots of other similar mail-order websites you can try. Look in the back of any motorcycle magazine.
post #7 of 11 Old Apr 26th, 2008, 11:39 am

I've used Chapparel. I too live in SD area. I had my stuff deleivered the very next day. Of ocurse, tehy are not far from me in Sn Bernadino, but still tehy processed and mailed the order extremely fast.

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT (sold - sigh)
1996 Sinus (aka Cirrus) Blue Metallic R1100RT
post #8 of 11 Old Apr 26th, 2008, 12:26 pm

BMW Orlando has BMW Atlantis 3 riding gear on closeout. Got to Ebay and plug in Atlantis. It is 1/2 price...spendy stuff!

Bob Thede
'02 K1200 LT-Blackie II

'97 BMW Z3-SO's
BMWMOA #135792

CCR-'08

'62 Fender Jazz Bass-played often!
post #9 of 11 Old Apr 26th, 2008, 7:42 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfGuy
BMW Orlando has BMW Atlantis 3 riding gear on closeout. Got to Ebay and plug in Atlantis. It is 1/2 price...spendy stuff!
Nice deal!! but did not have my wifes size And men I am a xxxl 54 chest and they do not fit me Thanks for the heads up

BMWMOA # 130458

post #10 of 11 Old Apr 26th, 2008, 7:54 pm Thread Starter

http://www.chaparral-racing.com

Chaparral is my favorites for future referance. Thankyou she wants an Arai RX7 Corsair helmet XS and they do not have Arai brand Thank you for the feadback. Will continue looking

BMWMOA # 130458

post #11 of 11 Old Apr 28th, 2008, 7:24 am

If your interested in some of our Roadgear apparal, PM me as we have some really good deals on our Xtreme jacket in your size.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in