This year I have had a run of bad luck:
1. In January sitting at a traffic light in my truck 5 car pile up - I am #3. Still trying to work with others insurance company to make it right. I believe the young lady was on a cell phone!! Other driver cited by police at the scene.
2. Mid March on the way from Minneapolis to Cincinnati - deer strike, in down state Illinois, in my wife's car - slight damage to front and side. Car at shop being repaired.
Two vehicles down and 1 to go . . .
3. This morning riding the bike to work sitting many cars back from the light - WHAM car from behind nails me. Next thing I know I am launched from the bike and rolling around in traffic. Pick up the bike, drive to a parking lot and start paper work. Police show up and the other driver cited by police at the scene.
A few comments re: #3
1. Had full gear on - no issues - have always supported ATGATT -its a wonderful thing!!
2. There are no BMW bike dealers in Cincinnati for the past 2+ years and I am currently waiting for the other Insurance to call and start the process.
3. Question would you insist on repair from an official BMW dealer - I know they are in Louisville, Indianapolis and Columbus??
4. Steer clear of traffic lights, young women and cell phones this can be a dangerous cocktail!!