Local news of stupidity... - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 13th, 2008, 2:41 pm Thread Starter

Local news of stupidity...

I hate seeing this... and it happened about 3 miles form the house...

"ROSEVILLE A 23-year-old Roseville man sustained critical injuries after his motorcycle collided with a sport-utility vehicle Saturday evening in Roseville.

The accident occurred at 6:07 p.m. on westbound Douglas Boulevard, just west of Sierra College Boulevard, police said.

A witness reported that the motorcyclist, who was traveling west on Douglas, did a wheelie and collided with a Subaru Outback sport-utility vehicle that was coming out of Sierra Rock and Nursery, said Roseville Police Sgt. Darin DeFreece.

The motorcyclist was taken to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with critical injuries. The man and woman in the Subaru were taken to Kaiser hospital with minor injuries, DeFreece said.

About 30 minutes later, there was a second accident when a Roseville police traffic sergeant responding to the first accident collided with another vehicle, DeFreece said.

The Roseville officer was taken to an area hospital with minor injuries. No one in the other vehicle was hurt. The California Highway Patrol is investigating the second accident."

From what I gather, the officer tried to avoid a cage that prolly "just didn't see him".

Uncle Mark

BMW '06' 1200LT "Wild Blue"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BMWMOA Member #127457
Honda CX500 Custom - RIP '00'

"An intelligence agency that FEARS intelligence? Historically, not awesome." . . . From what movie?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 13th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Re: Local news of stupidity...

I can't say I hate seeing it, or hearing about it, but I do hate how it will affect the view of the common motorcyclist with the average person. I can say I am sorry to hear about the injuries to the innocent parties involved, however.

My personal view on this could be summed up as "Evolution in action". The motorcyclist involved in causing the accident by performing a wheelie got what he deserved. I have no sympathy for him at all. Just his victims.

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT (sold - sigh)
1996 Sinus (aka Cirrus) Blue Metallic R1100RT
post #3 of 3 Old Apr 13th, 2008, 3:07 pm
fas

Talking Re: Local news of stupidity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurKnowles
I can't say I hate seeing it, or hearing about it, but I do hate how it will affect the view of the common motorcyclist with the average person. I can say I am sorry to hear about the injuries to the innocent parties involved, however.

My personal view on this could be summed up as "Evolution in action". The motorcyclist involved in causing the accident by performing a wheelie got what he deserved. I have no sympathy for him at all. Just his victims.
+1

Darwin at work cutting the herd

Sorry to hear of any rider being hurt. But, I am less than sympathetic to squids who hurt others in part because they stunt in public settings without adequate safety margins for their error or their lack of vision of potential traffic......

Rob Nelson

2006 K1200GT [now lives in Wisconsin]
Grey Goose
2002 K1200LTC [now lives in Georgia]
Toscana Temptress

More than 132,000 (recently corrected higher) motorcycle riders have died in traffic crashes since the enactment of the Highway Safety Act of 1966 and The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Be careful out there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in