Packing Heat - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 8:07 am Thread Starter

Packing Heat

I have a question for this forum? I have been observing this sight for over three years and finally joined this last march.I have not seen this discussed. My question is how many of you carry a weapon with you on trips. I have in the past. Never had a incident that I thought I needed it. Just curious on what others experiences are.

KENT
05 R1200GS
06 blue K1200lt
93 XR650L
97 KLR250
00 gs1200s bandit (sold)
94 ST1100 (sold)
70 CB350 (restoration project)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 8:35 am
Gold Supporter

Re: Packing Heat

Threads like this one have grown legs in the past , so best just to say do what ever you are more comfortable with and forget others opinions on the topic. Remember, not everyone is for the right to carry. Always check the states you will be traveling through to insure they have a reciprocal agreement with your state as far as the right to carry. You can be completely legal in one state and be an automatic felon as soon as you cross a state line. I am still hoping for a federal CWP some day. I used to have one, but lost it.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 8:41 am

Thumbs up Re: Packing Heat

I'm retire LEO, don't leave home without it.

Bob Brendel
05 LT, Light Metallic Yellow
99 LT, Totaled 3/09
97 HD Former Work Bike
88 GL1500
84 GL1200
S3 400 Kaw, too long ago to remember the year
175 Yamaha even longer

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night

Only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

George Orwell

post #4 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 8:50 am

I seriously considered going this route. But after much reading and input from forum members, I decided to just forget about it. I guess probably the biggest consideration that changed my mind was the thought of how the laws change from state to state regarding this subject.
post #5 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 8:59 am
Cooler on the east coast!!!

I do not own a gun so therefore do not carry one.

One of my friends, ok one of the three I have , carries one when we ride together.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #6 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 9:35 am

Smile Re: Packing Heat

It's not whether a person carries a weapon or not that concerns me. It is whether or not they have had the tactical defense training to know how and when to use it.
Terry
post #7 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 9:54 am

I bring my wife. She's all the weapon and heat I need.

Greg

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

post #8 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:09 am

Personal decision, but here's a story....Taveling out West with a a friend who brought his .45. We were pulled over by Nevada State Trooper for speeding. We immediately informed the Trooper we were from Kentucky and carrying a firearm. He made us unpack the bikes. He was happy that the ammo and the firearm were being transported seperately. The stop took about an hour. He warned us to slow down and warned us that California and Arizona would have probably hauled us in. This was way back in the mid 90's. We have not carried since that trip.
post #9 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewuff
Threads like this one have grown legs in the past , so best just to say do what ever you are more comfortable with and forget others opinions on the topic. Remember, not everyone is for the right to carry. Always check the states you will be traveling through to insure they have a reciprocal agreement with your state as far as the right to carry. You can be completely legal in one state and be an automatic felon as soon as you cross a state line. I am still hoping for a federal CWP some day. I used to have one, but lost it.

Jerry, I gotta ask a question regarding the last 2 sentences of your post, if you don't mind?

You state;

"I am still hoping for a federal CWP some day. I used to have one, but lost it."

What is this Federal CWP you speak of? Were you a Federal LEO? In over 30 years as a LEO, I have never seen one, nor can I find any federal legislation authorizing one. Can you enlighten me?

Regards,

John

'07 FLHTCU-POSE .......Black
'02 K1200LT-E ...........Titan Silver-Sold
post #10 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYchris02
He warned us to slow down and warned us that California and Arizona would have probably hauled us in.
Arizona wouldn't have cared if you had an unloaded gun packed away in your luggage. CA wouldn't care as long as it was in a locked case. Personally, I think you create your own trouble when you volunteer that you have a weapon. How many of us have had their vehicles searched on a routine traffic stop? I've never heard of it happening, have you? Now how many of us are instantly treated like criminals, detained and searched for volunteering that we have a firearm? Pretty much everybody. I say never, ever volunteer anything when you are stopped.
post #11 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:44 am

+1 on keeping that info to yourself. Im a cop and I dont tell cops if Im carrying or not. If they ask Il tell the truth, but I dont volunteer the information. If Ive learned one thing in 16 years as an LEO, you cant predict how someone else will react in a given situation. I just keep it respectful, If the cops gonna write me, I simply take the ticket and move along. My gun is my insurance policy for a life and death situation, not something I fell like debating with ANYONE else, other cops included.

As stated earlier, its a personal choice and you have to be in the right frame of mind if your gonna carry. If you do think hard about what you want and how its gonna feel tucked away someplace on your body in 100 degree heat with a hot engine under your legs. It gets uncomfortable I can tell you, but so does a helmet, yet ur still probably gonne wear one right?

Tom
post #12 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog
Arizona wouldn't have cared if you had an unloaded gun packed away in your luggage. CA wouldn't care as long as it was in a locked case. Personally, I think you create your own trouble when you volunteer that you have a weapon. How many of us have had their vehicles searched on a routine traffic stop? I've never heard of it happening, have you? Now how many of us are instantly treated like criminals, detained and searched for volunteering that we have a firearm? Pretty much everybody. I say never, ever volunteer anything when you are stopped.
I have a CWP in WA state and I would agree that you shouldn't instantly volunteer that you are carrying on your person (which I do). However, if things begin to go badly and you have given them cause for search of your bags or person, DEFINITELY give them notice what's there. With LEO's, it's all about non-threatening, calming behaviour. These guys have jobs that take them from mind-numbing boredom to fighting for their lives in 2 seconds. So, you would do well to give a heads-up before they lay their eyes on a firearm. NOT telling them instantly puts you in the "something to hide" catagory and you are more likely to be treated as such.
post #13 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 11:44 am
Lifetime Supporter

Any comments on pepper spray?

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #14 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 11:52 am

Quote:
It's good on Mexican food..

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

post #15 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 12:38 pm
Gold Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk12lt
Jerry, I gotta ask a question regarding the last 2 sentences of your post, if you don't mind?

You state;

"I am still hoping for a federal CWP some day. I used to have one, but lost it."

What is this Federal CWP you speak of? Were you a Federal LEO? In over 30 years as a LEO, I have never seen one, nor can I find any federal legislation authorizing one. Can you enlighten me?

Regards,

John
Hey John,

Yep, retired Fed. Now I am hoping, since the Supreme Court finally did something right on the 2nd Ammendment, the US will come up with a CWP, so we can travel state to state. I don't want to see more gun laws just more universal rights.

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #16 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 12:44 pm

I see an opportunity for a new farkle!
BMW gun rack

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #17 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 12:51 pm
Gold Supporter

The debate on telling an LEO that you are armed is not an option in some states. Example: In Texas, when asked for ID by an LEO, you MUST produce the CWP along with your requested ID. That of course is going to bring about the obvious question of, "Where is your weapon?" If you don't give your CWP when asked for ID you can go straight to jail without passing GO and without the $2000 necessary to post the bond. As soon as the officer runs your driver's license in Texas it is going to show that you are a CWP holder and if you have not given your CWP with your license it may be too late. The law is stated that even if you are not carrying you must give them your CWP, which I don't understand, but that is the way it was written. Like I said before, there are a lot of people out there who don't like the fact that people can carry firearms, and some of them wear badges (although I think most cops are actually for Cpus now days because they know they can't be everywhere). Check the laws for each state you are traveling in before you go. It is important to remember that even though you can carry in another state with your state's CWP, you must still obey the state you are in's laws. There are several web sites with state reciprocity and carry laws out there. I think Texas accepts every state's CWP (don't hold me to that, but it appears so) but you must obey the Texas laws while you are traveling through.

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #18 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 12:53 pm
Gold Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglove
I see an opportunity for a new farkle!
BMW gun rack
Here ya go GGLOVE:

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #19 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 12:56 pm

Quote:
Here ya go GGLOVE:

So I am a day late and a $ short once again.
That being said I still love it!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #20 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 3:37 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMitchell
I think Jim Croce said it best:

Don't piss into the wind.

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #21 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 4:03 pm

So, didn't see anyone say they actually ever needed a firearm on a MC trip. Did Imiss that? I didn't read every post completely.

Greg

I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

post #22 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 4:07 pm
Gold Supporter

No Greg,

No one said it yet, but just so it's out there I need one every time I step out of the house. Retired LEO and I don't go anywhere without one.

I think what you are really asking is if anyone used one or could have and that wasn't in this thread.

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #23 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
So, didn't see anyone say they actually ever needed a firearm on a MC trip. Did Imiss that? I didn't read every post completely.
That's the same question as asking if anyone ever "needed" their life vest or survival suit on a boating trip. Rarely needed, but when they are its life & death. So much so, that they are required by law.
post #24 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 7:09 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglove
I do not own a gun so therefore do not carry one.

One of my friends, ok one of the three I have , carries one when we ride together.
THREE !!! dang your popular.

Stevie Shreeve
post #25 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:54 pm

I'm a reserve deputy. And it all depends...

Deacon of the Desert
2002 LTC
'88 NX250

7500', Mt. Taylor, NM
post #26 of 315 Old Apr 8th, 2008, 11:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
THREE !!! dang your popular.
The older I get the less I have, the wife makes sure of that.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #27 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 8:23 am

If you are going to carry, suggest you get a Utah concealed carry permit. It is recognized in most western states and some eastern states. You can check their website, but I think the number of states is 32. However, California and Oregon tend not to recognize any other states so be careful.

The Utah website has a list of certified instructors outside of the state of Utah. You will have to take a class, but it is not difficult. The permit itself costs around $65.
post #28 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 10:14 am
Gold Supporter

rcliffor,

How do you get an out of state CWP? That's a new one on me.

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #29 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 11:00 am

Quote:
No Greg,

No one said it yet, but just so it's out there I need one every time I step out of the house. Retired LEO and I don't go anywhere without one.

I think what you are really asking is if anyone used one or could have and that wasn't in this thread.
But if no one on this list has ever really needed a gun on a trip, doesn't that say something about the need for carrying one. I mean you might need a fire extinguisher, too, but do we carry one? I'm not against the idea of owning or carrying a fire arm. But I think there are many more likely, real and immediate dangers out there when you take a MC anywhere than the possibility you will encounter some person or persons you'd need a weapon to defend against. But, it's whatever you feel comfortable with, I guess. Not passing judgement, just commenting.

Greg

post #30 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 11:03 am

I don't remember the story exactly but a few years back there was a VietNam vetrans motorcycle rally held in Rainbow CA. It is true but i'm going on what I remember.

A trucker in a 18 wheeler went beserk and drove through the campground running over bikes, tents and campers. When the police arrived and apprehended the driver they found over 40 bullet holes in the truck. No weapons were found and only the driver arrested.

And to answer your question, yes I carry a 380 on my cross country trips.

Airborne "Never Forget"
Vonore, TN

2003 LT-E "HLZ BNZ"
2004 Rune "PNS EXTN"
1970 ZA-50 "JR"

post #31 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 11:21 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborneod
I don't remember the story exactly but a few years back there was a VietNam vetrans motorcycle rally held in Rainbow CA. It is true but i'm going on what I remember.

A trucker in a 18 wheeler went beserk and drove through the campground running over bikes, tents and campers. When the police arrived and apprehended the driver they found over 40 bullet holes in the truck. No weapons were found and only the driver arrested.

And to answer your question, yes I carry a 380 on my cross country trips.
Sounds like all those guns didn't help very much in this particular instance other than turning the truck into a large collander.

Greg

post #32 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 11:48 am

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

This site may help or confuse you on some of the questions alluded to so far...

Kansas does not require a CCW holder to tell Leo he or she has a CCW permit, but like Texas, Missouri requires you tell Leo you possess a CCW permit. All states can run your ID and know of the CCW being issued.
post #33 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 12:45 pm
Gold Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolakow
Sounds like all those guns didn't help very much in this particular instance other than turning the truck into a large collander.
The truck was still there when the Police arrived wasn't it?

Jerry
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

post #34 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 1:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab1967
I'm retire LEO, don't leave home without it.
Me too........

AKA "Speedbump"

Past:
2000 RT
2003 LT
2007 GSA
2013 GS
Another 2007 GSA
2007 RTP
post #35 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 5:41 pm

I am a just retired motor officer and my retired ID card states on the back that I comply with 18 United States Code 926B and as such can carry a firearm in all 50 states. This code is known as the Law Enforcement Safety Act of 2004. It allows law enforcement officers to carry a concealed firearm.
post #36 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 7:21 pm

I have been noodling this for a while now.
Carrying a fire arm sounds reasonable.
My concern is the concern over having it will cosume me and actually distract me from enjoying what I am doing.

I guess I will give it a try. Taking classes on self defense and learning how to be tactical with it sounds like an adventure in itself. After that if packing it becomes worrysome, I'll just stop doing it.

Descision, done!

ld
post #37 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 7:37 pm

Garage

I have a permit and carry always. I usually don't leave PA just for the reason my permit isn't good in most neighboring states. I am all for a federal permit. It makes no sense to me that your legal in one state and not another. To me it's common sense. But then a lot of things that are common sense to me aren't that way in society. It more than likely has to do with politics between states as opposed to how thoroughly your background is checked. I could be wrong on that one but if I was a bettin man...
post #38 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 7:44 pm

In state (Alaska) I carry sometimes; no permit needed in Alaska. Can't carry in Canada, so riding out with a weapon is not an option. In any case crossing state lines with a weapon is dicey given that laws vary so much.
post #39 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 8:11 pm

Carrying A gun is like insurance, it's not worth it until you need it.

I carry all the time. In this day and age I feel so much safer.

To each their own.

Warm & Safe Heated Clothing Sale- Lowest Prices!!

Contact Me.

post #40 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 8:29 pm

I am observing a few of you commenting on what a "distraction" carrying a gun would be and the whole legality of carrying. Im not trying to pass judgement, but self defense and self preservation are a state of mind. If guns were outlawed I would find some other means to defend/arm myself when Im out and about, especially on the bike where I am very vulnerable. I think if you are questioning weather or not you could in good conscience use your weapon of choice, I believe you have answered your own question.

I have to reiterate that Im not judging you, but realize there is a state of mind that goes along with all of this "to carry or not to carry" argument. If your not in the right frame of mind just ignore this thread and ride on your merry way. We who chose to carry or defend ourselves in some other fashion have pretty much made a choice already. Its a choice some may not want to make.

I empathize with those who have stated it would take away from their over all enjoyment of riding. I work with many cops that cant stand guns and want nothing to do with them when their not at work. Its simply their choice, Im not gonna fault them.

A lil fun side story, does everyone remember Y2K? Well my neighbor at the time told me how he had stocked up on several months worth of supplies in case the worst happened. I asked him how much ammo he had and he was offended and told me he spent his money on what he needed not on something to take lives. I smiled and said that I only stocked up on a few days of fresh water, and thanks for letting me know where to get food if I need it. He looked puzzled, and I said Id make him a deal, I would protect him and his family if he splits his supplies. He wasnt happy, but he got my point.
(of course I was joking, but you all get my drift)

Tom
post #41 of 315 Old Apr 9th, 2008, 8:29 pm

I don't like to carry, but I have had a carry permit on and off since 79. I've only pulled it once since I've been carrying.

I've been looking for the right holster to carry my .45 this summer on the bike, as almost all our travel is in Pa. I would not take it out of State to any that does not honor the permit.

But, I do suggest some self defense information, plenty of which is free on the web.

I recently bought some DVD's on hand to hand defense, cane use, and Kubatons. We ended up buying the Fenix new flashlights from Amazon, which double as an awesome Kubaton, and no one gives you any grief on carrying a flashlight, anywhere. The lights are nothing short of amazing, and much better than the Surefire lights, IMO. These have 6 control settings, and up to 215 lumens. Very powerful and run on 2 AA batteries for $60.

I also carry the Kimber Guardian spray ($40).

Most always I have my NAA .22mag mini revolver. They had a recent You Tube clip of an 80 yr old guy that saved his life with one when two young men assaulted, knifed him in the head and beat him up pretty good.

If I had the money, I would be carrying a S&W .38 J frame.

My first priority is to avoid all trouble, period.
post #42 of 315 Old Apr 10th, 2008, 7:57 am

US Dept. of Interior suggests carrying pepper spray when hiking in Bear country.

It is advisable to stay away from areas where Bear dung smells of pepper spray.

J.M.J...
Dcn Channing

post #43 of 315 Old Apr 10th, 2008, 8:14 am

How do you get an out of state CWP? That's a new one on me.--Lonewulf

This is not too difficult for a Utah permit. You must take a class from a Utah certified instructor (they have a state by state list on their website). You must then send in an application with fingerprint card and passport photos. You can get fingerprinted at most police/sheriffs departments.) And of course you must submit the fee.

Since I have already had a qualifying Idaho course of instruction, the Utah course is only 2 hours. The shooting center that gives the course also is certified to do the fingerprints, and they take the pictures. They also notarize the application. Since the Idaho course had a shooting qualification, there is no additional qualification for Utah.
post #44 of 315 Old Apr 10th, 2008, 4:51 pm

I am not getting into this again................but however stopped a motorcycle again with a CCW permit. Again he did not tell me he was carrying until I saw the permit. Again I asked if he was carring and he stated yes. Again I told do you not think it is a good idea to tell the officer that you have a weapon "before" you reach into your jacket, where the weapon was. Glad he was not a cop killer and glad I did not snatch him off that bike. I was not happy.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
post #45 of 315 Old Apr 10th, 2008, 11:36 pm

Quote:
rcliffor,

How do you get an out of state CWP? That's a new one on me.
New Hampshire will issue an out-of-state CCW permit. Send them a copy of your home state CCW permit and the required funds.

I got the NH CCW out-of-state permit because GA will recognize it, while GA will NOT recognize SC's permit. That covers me in all the nearby states (GA, NC, TN, and SC, of course) in which I normally ride.

- Bob

Cowboy Bob Menton

Greenville SC USA
'07 K1200GT, '69 R60US (mint!)
'83 R80S (nee '83 R80RT)
"You can never escape the FOG (Fast Old Guys)"
post #46 of 315 Old Apr 11th, 2008, 12:18 am
KIC

New Hampshire CCW permit adds 3 additional states to my Arizona permit - Georgia, Mississippi and Pennsylvania. That moves me up to around 19 states that I can protect myself from bad guys and liberals

http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...ts/dssp260.pdf

$20.00 for four years.

Cheap insurance.

PROUD FATHER OF A MILITARY DAUGHTER !.
She's for sale
SOLD 7-19-08 [url]

There are those who ride BMW's.. and those who wish they did.

Ron's R11/1 Vergasser's - 1st Wingman

Sophmore : BMWLT - University of Luxury Touring Education

2000 K1200LTC Champagne SOLD 7-08
2006 KLR 650 - RED- The fast dual sport color !
2002 TW 200 - White/Blue - #1,The wife's CRF replacement.
2002 TW 200 - WhiteBlue - #2, My matching toy
2001 XT 225 - White/Blue - Sold 7/08
92 K75S Red and fast (sadly gone)

Yamaha YZ 250 for the dirt ( still good use for a smokin' 2-stroke !) In critical care 4/08
Honda CRF 230F - Wifey's dirt fun. (Sold)
Many Honda 750 F's (May they Rest In Peace)
post #47 of 315 Old Apr 11th, 2008, 4:04 am

I live in Australia, I belong to a group of like minded motorcycle enthusiasts, we number over 25,000, we travel all over the country, I would bet not one of the members carry a fire arm, I do not know what this says about our respective countries, you be the judge.
Ian
post #48 of 315 Old Apr 11th, 2008, 6:54 am

I have a Texas CHL and I carry when travelling. It was my understanding that if you don't give a LEO your CHL when asked for ID at a traffic stop, you automatically lose it for 30 days and if it happens 3 times you lose your CHL. And as far as Australia goes, I'm sure it's not totally crime free. But, that's just a guess...........

2006 R1200RT
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue
2003 K1200LTE Black
Totaled Oct 2, 2010
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
Most of us would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
post #49 of 315 Old Apr 11th, 2008, 7:34 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiebandit1
I have a question for this forum? I have been observing this sight for over three years and finally joined this last march.I have not seen this discussed. My question is how many of you carry a weapon with you on trips. I have in the past. Never had a incident that I thought I needed it. Just curious on what others experiences are.

I have thought about it but have not as of yet because of the States individual law's.
One thing I will do, which I saw in last months ON mag is to carry an old wallet with you with an old DL and expired credit cards with a small amount of cash in it. Keep it handy and if someone does ask for it impolitely you just pull it out and hopefully they are off and your are only out a few bucks with minimal hassels.

Rich Kirker
2002 LTC Pacific Blue
Caliper Moto Lights, Hyper light brake lights, Spiegler brake lines, Ride West side markers, Grip puppies, HyperPro Springs and CA HID Kit.
BMWMOA #124306
2009 Honda Shadow (Wife's)
Blue & Pearl
"Well It’s not rocket science but absolutely a nightmare. At the end of the day you had a fairly unique situation that I personally at this moment in time could see me having as well 24/7. With all due respect, it shouldn’t of happened."
post #50 of 315 Old Apr 11th, 2008, 8:21 am

rattler50....check your state gun laws. It is generally not true that you are required to show your permit when stopped. LEO will treat everyone as if they have a firearm anyway. By the way, GUN is a "trigger" word for LEO, don't use it. If you must say something use firearm, or Glock, or Browning, or someting else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in