My '06 GT just might be my last BMW. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 2:33 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy My '06 GT just might be my last BMW.

"Another One Bites The Dust"

Just spoke with the service manager at my favorite dealership in the world, Roman Cycle (near Youngstown, OH). It would appear that they are no longer going to be a BMW dealership. In fact, who knows if they're going to be around at all by the end of '08. What a bummer. Between the economy, and the way BMW is treating their dealers, they just can't seem to stay afloat.

I'll still be able to have Fred work on my GT for the time being ... but who knows for how long? I have two other BMW dealerships within 30 minutes of my home, but I just can't see me doing business with these jokers. Then again, desperation makes a man do crazy things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 2:58 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: My '06 GT just might be my last BMW.

Hey Joe, isn't your GT out of warranty yet? And aren't you doing the basic services yourself by now?

Bummer about the local dealer, though I can't say that it's unusual these days.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 3:08 pm
Mister Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger13

Just spoke with the service manager at my favorite dealership in the world, Roman Cycle (near Youngstown, OH). It would appear that they are no longer going to be a BMW dealership. In fact, who knows if they're going to be around at all by the end of '08. What a bummer. Between the economy, and the way BMW is treating their dealers, they just can't seem to stay afloat.

I'll still be able to have Fred work on my GT for the time being ... but who knows for how long? I have two other BMW dealerships within 30 minutes of my home, but I just can't see me doing business with these jokers. Then again, desperation makes a man do crazy things.
Don't forget, the new Indy dealership's opening next month....

>K-daug

aka: studio4design
'06 LT "Shamu"

post #4 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 3:12 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
...and the way BMW is treating their dealers, they just can't seem to stay afloat.
How exactly is BMWNA treating the dealers?

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #5 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 3:22 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
Hey Joe, isn't your GT out of warranty yet? And aren't you doing the basic services yourself by now?
Nope. Just at 24K. Been a long winter...

Yes, I'll do my services, but that's not the point. I won't be buying any new BMWs from the dealers that I have left to choose from. Guess I'll learn to like the C14.
post #6 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 3:29 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Shred
How exactly is BMWNA treating the dealers?
If you don't know, then you'll probably never understand. The U.S. will soon be completely void of the smalltown dealership. And it's not just BMW, but HD, Honda, Yamaha and etc., etc... They have all done the same thing. The small shops are all being shoved aside. The business side of me "gets it", but I still think it sucks. REALLY sucks! FWIW, the founder of Roman Cycle was riding bikes when your Dad was in diapers. It's sad to have that kind of history go down the drain if Roman Cycles closes.
post #7 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 3:30 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-daug

Don't forget, the new Indy dealership's opening next month....
I don't understand what that has to do with a guy that lives in northeast Ohio.
post #8 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 3:34 pm
Mister Moto

Quote:
I don't understand what that has to do with a guy that lives in northeast Ohio.

Sorry...jumped in before I looked at the map.

>K-daug

aka: studio4design
'06 LT "Shamu"

post #9 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 4:01 pm

Quote:
If you don't know, then you'll probably never understand. The U.S. will soon be completely void of the smalltown dealership. And it's not just BMW, but HD, Honda, Yamaha and etc., etc... They have all done the same thing. The small shops are all being shoved aside. The business side of me "gets it", but I still think it sucks. REALLY sucks! FWIW, the founder of Roman Cycle was riding bikes when your Dad was in diapers. It's sad to have that kind of history go down the drain if Roman Cycles closes.
Tell 'em straight Joe!

Here in Chattanooga we have one of, if not the largest, Honda dealer in the US. I doubt they have service like Griffith's Honda ( the Independant who got bought out by these jokers at Southern Powersports). You can buy cheap cheap cheap, but try to go have it serviced, and with a smile

My first three bikes came from Griffith's.

I try to buy from independants (like BMW of Atlanta). The heck with these multi-dealer bums!

Ok, you all have a good weekend and go carve some curves

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #10 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 4:14 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:

Oh Joe I understand. It's tough for a small business to survive these days. Our overhead is HUGE That has much more to do with government regulation and the lawsuit happy American public that anything BMW requires of us.

The amount of money we spend on workman's comp ins and liability ins would make you sick...

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #11 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 4:58 pm

All-Seasons has some new GS's and A's

I doubt they will budge off MSRP though.

Neil '00 K1200LT '08 KLR
"Far away, is far away...
Only if you don't go!!!"
post #12 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 9:32 pm

Joe, I would think with your BMW product knowledge, negotiating skills, and track record of motorcycle purchases and usage, any dealer would jump at the chance to earn your business. If I hear you correctly, you are saying you have some experience with the other BMW dealers in Cleveland and don't want to give them your hard-earned money. That's fine; since you were willing to travel to Youngstown to buy Beemers and get them serviced, consider going a little farther: Pittsburgh, Wooster, Columbus.

It's that, or leave the BMW fold?

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #13 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 9:47 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
...since you were willing to travel to Youngstown to buy Beemers and get them serviced, consider going a little farther: Pittsburgh, Wooster, Columbus.
I guess I'll cross the bridge when I get to it. I will try to talk to Dale at BMW MOC (11 miles away) and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I know that Pittsburgh has a good shop ... as does Wooster.

Fortunately for me, I have a lot more options than a lot of others.
post #14 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Hey Joe,
I'm kinda in the same boat. Last year I bought my '07 RT from Tag Sport. They are no longer a BMW dealer as well. Chicago BMW is closer but I HATE driving into Chicago, especially on two wheels. Also, I do have a warranty issue, (fuel gauge died, using tripmeter to determine fill-ups), and I hope there won't be any "snobbery",(didn't buy from us), where ever I end up taking it. I like Mike and Peter, but at the time Tag just worked out better for me. As of yet the "mechanic" gene has skipped me.

Jeff Johnson
2009 Forest green Invacare powerchair
2007 Blue/dark lowers R1200RT(smacked,fixed,sold)
2005 Dark Gray LT (traded)
2002 Silver LTC (deceased 07-05-2005 by SUV)
2000 H-D FLHTP-I Cop Bike (traded for'02 LTC)
1982 H-D XLH (sold in 2002 for cop bike)
1980 H-D Low Rider (stolen by low-lifes)
1977 Triumph Tiger (sold)
1973 Honda CB450 (sold)
post #15 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 11:44 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
I have two other BMW dealerships within 30 minutes of my home, but I just can't see me doing business with these jokers. Then again, desperation makes a man do crazy things.
You can't leave us Joe! You'll just be a PITA on another Forum and we can't do that to another group...

Just kiddin' of course. I hope you find a home for service very soon.

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #16 of 41 Old Mar 28th, 2008, 11:55 pm

Quote:
I guess I'll cross the bridge when I get to it. I will try to talk to Dale at BMW MOC (11 miles away) and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I know that Pittsburgh has a good shop ... as does Wooster.

Another thought for you: You're going to Cambria soon. California has 22? 23? BMW dealers to choose from.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #17 of 41 Old Mar 29th, 2008, 3:53 am

If you want it you get it simple as that.

Once a beemer, always a beemer!
post #18 of 41 Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:53 am

Quote:
Guess I'll learn to like the C14.
Its not that hard to do, trust me.

Ride On!

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL
post #19 of 41 Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:59 am

Garage
Smile Re: My '06 GT just might be my last BMW.

I bought my new RT at European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh last fall. So far I'm very happy with all my dealings there. Got a fair deal on the bike, 600 mile service done with a smile, always friendly when I drop in for a visit. Even have service loaner bikes. Give them a try.
post #20 of 41 Old Mar 29th, 2008, 11:15 am Thread Starter

Thumbs down Re: My '06 GT just might be my last BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paalao
Once a beemer, always a beemer!
BaH!!! There are WAY too many fine motorcycles being manufactured out there to limit oneself to just one brand. If I were a wealthy man, I'd own a boatload.
post #21 of 41 Old Mar 29th, 2008, 11:45 am

Quote:
BaH!!! There are WAY too many fine motorcycles being manufactured out there to limit oneself to just one brand. If I were a wealthy man, I'd own a boatload.
That is why we are so friendly in trying to pursuade you not to change brand, knowing that you will feel soory and loose lots of money trying to get back to beemer again hehehe
post #22 of 41 Old Mar 29th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz56
Hey Joe,
I'm kinda in the same boat. Last year I bought my '07 RT from Tag Sport. They are no longer a BMW dealer as well. Chicago BMW is closer but I HATE driving into Chicago, especially on two wheels. Also, I do have a warranty issue, (fuel gauge died, using tripmeter to determine fill-ups), and I hope there won't be any "snobbery",(didn't buy from us), where ever I end up taking it. I like Mike and Peter, but at the time Tag just worked out better for me. As of yet the "mechanic" gene has skipped me.
FWIW I have done business with Chicago BMW and found them to be very helpful and they discount. I didnt buy my bike form them and they didnt seem to care either way. Chicago BMW is owned by the guy that owns the Chicago HD dealership that is across the street. Chicago BMW and Chicago HD do gangbuster business with internet parts and accessories as they do 20% off of list. Therefore I think they have the cash flows to deal with the current economic state we are in. I do my service work at Cycle Werks only because Barrington is right next door to me. From Cal City Chicago is much closer and a whole lot cheaper.

BTW I bought my LT privately and havent had any problem getting it serviced by Cycle Werks in a timely fashion.

Joe, you seem to have way more options that we in the Chicago area have, we're down to two dealers in the metro area, the next closest is Milwaukee, WI. I too dont know what going on at BMWNA, too bad they seem to be losing touch or MB Im just gettin old and crusty

Tom
post #23 of 41 Old Mar 30th, 2008, 2:12 pm

Quote:
I have two other BMW dealerships within 30 minutes of my home, but I just can't see me doing business with these jokers. Then again, desperation makes a man do crazy things.

Joe,

Know you're not too pleased with either of the other Cleveland dealers. I have had my problems too with both of them. Bought my Lt from one and have tried to have service done at the other and not real pleased. There is the other option of Mathias in New Philidelphia. A lot of the members of the Cleveland BMW club have pretty high opinions of Gene Mathias and the service dept. there. That's my next location to try. A little more driving to get there, but the service manager said he may be able to arrange a loaner if I call ahead whenever I need to leave the bike overnight.

Carl

Euclid, Ohio
2003 Silver LTE
1971 HD XLH Sportster
post #24 of 41 Old Mar 30th, 2008, 3:35 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz56
Hey Joe,
Jeff I purchased and have had service done at Chicago BMW and have had no issues. Peter is the service manager and is a good guy, he does have a I am busy so don't bother me presentation but it is all a front.
The owner on the other hand is tool!
Also not a bad ride into chicago: LSD to Foster, West to Western, head North and you can not miss it.

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #25 of 41 Old Mar 30th, 2008, 3:38 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdoorman
There is the other option of Mathias in New Philidelphia.
Yea ... I've thought of that. Mathias is only another 30 minutes further from my house than Roman Cycle is. Not too bad, I guess. And I like riding in that area as well. I'm usually in that neck of the woods several times a year.
post #26 of 41 Old Mar 30th, 2008, 5:49 pm

Ya, Joe, it is too bad about Romans. Rich is a top guy. I was just fixing to give Fred a call about my Cruise control too, about his famous zip tie fix. Bought my first BMW from Rich. Sad to see them go.

Just Go

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
post #27 of 41 Old Mar 30th, 2008, 9:05 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
Ya, Joe, it is too bad about Romans. Rich is a top guy. I was just fixing to give Fred a call about my Cruise control too, about his famous zip tie fix. Bought my first BMW from Rich. Sad to see them go.
You might want to try to get in there sooner, rather than later. They are still open, and Fred is still working on Beemers. He's just not able to do warranty work.
post #28 of 41 Old Mar 30th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Quote:

Sweet fancy Moses...I wouldnt let the guys @ BMWMOC wash my GT, let alone work on it. They have raped me twice...first time (parts) was my fault, second (and final) time (accessories-non part) it was on them.
Sills still does good work, I know you think that theyre asshats, but give em a shot, at least theyre honest.

F

BMWMOA
12 GTL
post #29 of 41 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 7:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
Another thought for you: You're going to Cambria soon. California has 22? 23? BMW dealers to choose from.

Nearest dealer to Cambria is more than 100 miles
post #30 of 41 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 9:08 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenley
Nearest dealer to Cambria is more than 100 miles
I'm riding close to 3K miles to get to Cambria. What's another 100?!
post #31 of 41 Old Apr 5th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Joe, I have to drive 130 miles to NH for service and to buy BMW's. I had a real bad time with Max's BMW in NH, I was dealing with John the manager and he gets fired!! The sales Manager try to sell me the top 49 lt box for $950 and when I ask for a discount he say will sell it for $850 The box is $789 list price plus 10% discount for buying a new bike ( I think he toughed I was an idiot and may be I am). I talked to Max the owner and he made me feel like I was wrong but he gave me the right price after (customer is always right [email protected]#). I try to pull out but they had the GT with the freckles install and decided to get it. I droved to get it today but they did not get my LT title from my bank and did not let me take it home . I love BMW's but this might be the last one for me due to dealer. Unless I find another dealer with options. They are delivering the GT on Tuesday. I wish I had your selection of dealers and 30 minutes ride for a good dealer is not bad considering that I have to drive 2 hours!! But now I am going to enjoy my bike, ride it hard, take some trips and worry about that in a couple of years I know you are living it, have a great time if you go in your trip to the south and wish I would be there with you and Tony.
My wife and I sign the papers today for her HD Soft tail and they were incredible with custumer service. I think that my dealer have a lot to learn about custumer service and treating custumers right

BMW K1200GT 2008 Aventurin Silver Metallic (Atlas)
BMWMOA # 130458

HD FLSTN Softail Deluxe 2008 Suede Blue & V. Black(hers)

Last edited by spinedr; Apr 5th, 2008 at 11:12 pm.
post #32 of 41 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 1:04 am

[Also not a bad ride into chicago: LSD to Foster, West to Western, head North and you can not miss it.[/QUOTE]

I may try that route. When I mentioned Peter I was referring to the sales guy, but the service guy is okay too. I did have a few "cloudy" e-mails w/Mike, but I still like talking with him. I had trouble getting my title for a bike I bought 02/28/04. I finally got the title in September, purchase date was listed as in July. I wrote Mike about this little mistake and was told, "enjoy your title".

Jeff Johnson
2009 Forest green Invacare powerchair
2007 Blue/dark lowers R1200RT(smacked,fixed,sold)
2005 Dark Gray LT (traded)
2002 Silver LTC (deceased 07-05-2005 by SUV)
2000 H-D FLHTP-I Cop Bike (traded for'02 LTC)
1982 H-D XLH (sold in 2002 for cop bike)
1980 H-D Low Rider (stolen by low-lifes)
1977 Triumph Tiger (sold)
1973 Honda CB450 (sold)
post #33 of 41 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 3:39 am

Joe,

Sounds to me like you have alot of options. The only reason I would change brands is if you just find a bike that you like better. That GT is a hoot. We have 4 dealers here in Northern CO (Denver, Foothills, C. Springs, Ft. Collins). I have been to all of them but have only done business with Foothills and BMW of Denver. Denver gives Colorado Beemers Club members 10% off on most stuff. Both have been good to deal with for service. The accessories are a bit pricey for sure.. But, so is their overhead. Whenever I have service done, it seems to be done right. Did have a small issue when the Denver tech left my fog light power leads off the battery, but they resolved that. No big deal.

Foothills just gave me a loaner F800S to use for more then a day which was alot of fun.. So, good experiences. All personnel have been helpful and friendly. But, sometimes you have to wait because they are busy.

Neither of the dealers in Denver have ever been sparce with test rides either.. Very good people to work with.

We do have a couple of BMW service companies not affiliated with BMWNA here as well. I use Bavarian Works West frequently and have been very satisfied.

But, leaving the forum, no.. that isn't acceptable Joe !!!! We just won't stand for that ...
post #34 of 41 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 6:41 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedr
My wife and I sign the papers today for her HD Soft tail and they were incredible with custumer service. I think that my dealer have a lot to learn about custumer service and treating custumers right
Harley has had to cut back production, has had losses and the credit crunch has gotten to them (what major motor vehicle company hasn't it?)

But, if you'd tried to buy from a Harley dealer when there was a wait to get the bike and dealers were selling for over MSRP, I think you wouldn't have found the friendliness you speak of.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #35 of 41 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 6:56 am

Quote:
Joe, I have to drive 130 miles to NH for service and to buy BMW's.

Let me get this straight....They didn't have the paperwork required to complete the transaction by no fault of their own, and when it comes in they are going to deliver the bike 130 miles to Maine?

That's a bad thing?

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #36 of 41 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 7:17 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Harley has had to cut back production, has had losses and the credit crunch has gotten to them (what major motor vehicle company hasn't it?)

But, if you'd tried to buy from a Harley dealer when there was a wait to get the bike and dealers were selling for over MSRP, I think you wouldn't have found the friendliness you speak of.
Grif You are right, I had that experience in the past. I think the dealers forget that with out costumers willing to pay what they charge for their products, they would have no business. All we ask is been treated decent, support and service for our bikes. They make more income from servicing the bikes and accesories than from the actual sale, so you would think that they would want to treat us good so we come back for that service. I love BMW's products and plan to enjoy my GT but it is real bad to feel like you got scr## and you have no choices for the future.

BMWMOA # 130458

post #37 of 41 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 7:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
Let me get this straight....They didn't have the paperwork required to complete the transaction by no fault of their own, and when it comes in they are going to deliver the bike 130 miles to Maine?

That's a bad thing?
Yes, I call before living my house and ask if everything was ok and set to go. The manager told me that everything was set. They talked directly to my bank and a money wire was send directly to them. The title of the LT was send to them directly from my bank to the dealer by their request and directions on Tuesday. When I call before living my house they told me everything was ok and in order so I droved all the way there. I just wish they would tell me not to drive all the way for nothing due to missing paperwork and yes they deliver. It is one of the good things they do. I needed to sign more papers and I was exited about driving my GT after the long winter. I made a mistake and I am sorry for it.

BMWMOA # 130458

post #38 of 41 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 8:01 am

Quote:
Yes, I call before living my house and ask if everything was ok and set to go. The manager told me that everything was set.
Well then, I'd be pissed too. Sounds like he didn't bother to check before answering. Delivering the bike was the least he could do at that point.

Dave Hoogerland

'08 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
'02 K1200LTC "The Silver Snoopy" (gone but not forgotten)
'08 Can-Am Spyder "???"

post #39 of 41 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 6:56 pm

Exclamation Re: My '06 GT just might be my last BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoog62
Well then, I'd be pissed too. Sounds like he didn't bother to check before answering. Delivering the bike was the least he could do at that point.

Heck, Rumford is still getting SNOW! And if his wife bought her HD from the Lewiston, or Portland dealer, please pass the KY! they tack on a wicked hefty "dealer prep and delivery" fee!

I have been riding for 3 + weeks 45 miles south. 100+ miles a day, in temps down to 12 degrees.

his closest dealer is in Maine. Street Cycles in Falmouth. Talk to Duane (the owner), he probably can get the bike you want for the same $$. If you feel better driving an extra 70 miles to Max, then do it. But please dont bitch about how you were put out.

M

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
CBCP

I take Life with a grain of salt......and a slice of lime and a shot of Tequila

20 grand & 2K miles don't make you a biker

I COULD TELL THEY WERE BIKERS,
IT SAID "LIVE TO RIDE" ON THEIR TRAILER
post #40 of 41 Old Apr 6th, 2008, 7:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconlogue
Heck, Rumford is still getting SNOW! And if his wife bought her HD from the Lewiston, or Portland dealer, please pass the KY! they tack on a wicked hefty "dealer prep and delivery" fee!

I have been riding for 3 + weeks 45 miles south. 100+ miles a day, in temps down to 12 degrees.

his closest dealer is in Maine. Street Cycles in Falmouth. Talk to Duane (the owner), he probably can get the bike you want for the same $$. If you feel better driving an extra 70 miles to Max, then do it. But please dont bitch about how you were put out.

M
Yes, she got hers in Lewiston and no more bitching here. She works and makes her own decisions. They did not use KY in my wife thank you for asking . I am sorry I brought this up. Street Cycles in Falmouth did not had an LT when I bought mine at Maxs. He was recommended to me last year by another BMW rider. Max had my LT in his shop for service and a damage wheel, cover by warranty, when decided to get a GT. So is history. Enjoy your riding mconlogue. Moderator, if you wish to delete my entries, go ahead, I did not mean to take over this tread. Sorry

BMWMOA # 130458

Last edited by spinedr; Apr 6th, 2008 at 8:10 pm.
post #41 of 41 Old Apr 7th, 2008, 10:41 am

Sorry if I stepped on your post spinedr.

I have been into that dealership many times. I live about a mile away, and have never been able to purchase anything there. (not enough tatts, or something!) Streets has always gone above and beyond on the service on my K11, and K12, and have done some emergency repairs without an appointment for me as well.

My dealings with Max have only been to buy a pair of boots (which I had to return as defective) and to purchase an extended warranty.

I tried to buy my K12 there, but they would not even look at my K11 for trade. They told me it had no value to them, and to sell it on the side of the road. I went to Street Cycles, and they were more than happy to move a new bike, and take mine in trade.

Good luck on the HD, especially on service. they do lots of chroming, staging, and posing, but I have not heard many good things around town about mechanical stuff. Lots of poker runs start there, and they have free hot dogs and burgers most weekends, if you come in on a HD.

Mark Conlogue
MCSE, MCT
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
CBCP

I take Life with a grain of salt......and a slice of lime and a shot of Tequila

20 grand & 2K miles don't make you a biker

I COULD TELL THEY WERE BIKERS,
IT SAID "LIVE TO RIDE" ON THEIR TRAILER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in