Two Front Wheels - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Mar 19th, 2008, 12:22 pm Thread Starter

Two Front Wheels

I rode the new Spyder from Can-am. Interesting ride. I like the style and the look. Ergonomics are pretty good. The engine has more than enough grunt and the electronic stability control and ABS work quite well, to good for some I suppose. I couldn’t get it to slide the rear end around. It monitors motion in all directions and controls wheels spin in relations to all the wheels, and uses the independent brakes, throttle control and engine timing to keep everything rolling along nicely. The power assisted steering makes it effortless to control. It goes where you point it and it gets the fast. It has a slight yaw, so it leans a little into the curves.

It was like riding a very well behaved, big powerful ATV, with out the steering torque or tire squirm.

Goes for around 15 K with out options.

http://spyder.brp.com/

Vince Weidig
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 LT - LandyachT
2005 Ural Patrol
2003 Artic Cat ATV - Horse
Bayliner Cutty Cabin - Anytime
Airstream B190 -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Mar 21st, 2008, 9:09 pm

Re: Two Front Wheels

Yup. We went to the demos. Short version: #731 is in our garage! Yeah, it's hers, but it's HERE! Have found it is VERY well built, as we are adding the required farkles - quite impressed with the engineering. 2 ryders have done IBA runs, including a 50CC.

Jim Taylor
Minneapolis
07 Black LT "Dancing Heart", 03 Quantum "Ice"
02 Black LTC "Raven" (RIP 8/26/06)
08 Can-Am Spyder (hers) (#731)
post #3 of 3 Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 5:22 pm

Re: Two Front Wheels

Never been so embarrased in my life... I could not get the trike around the demo track. I drove off at the first turn, backed it up and drove straight off the second turn. The demo group went on their street ride and left me behind ( wonder why?). The demo course attendant said I was counter steering instead of driving it like a car. Old habits die hard. But, I look forward to giving it another try, though,perhaps without such a large audience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in