LT 1200 maintenance schedule - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 9:04 pm Thread Starter

LT 1200 maintenance schedule

Can somebody help me out in regards to what needs to be done in regards to the "major service" recommended at 12K for my LT 1200? I have a local mechanic that will do the work but I need a list of items that need to be completed? Thanks.....................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Feb 19th, 2008, 10:31 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Re: LT 1200 maintenance schedule

Welcome to the site. The 12000 mile service is a big one!
I hope this helps:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/attachme...achmentid=9177

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #3 of 3 Old Feb 20th, 2008, 8:15 am

Re: LT 1200 maintenance schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy
Can somebody help me out in regards to what needs to be done in regards to the "major service" recommended at 12K for my LT 1200? I have a local mechanic that will do the work but I need a list of items that need to be completed? Thanks.....................
Timmy - the recommended service items that may be performed by your local mechanic (assuming he/she is familiar with BMW K engines and the power train on the K1200LT) can be found in the small Service and Technical Booklet that should have been delivered with your bike. I'm not sure what model year of K1200LT you have, but there are two maintenance lists that apply. I believe the one for model years '99 thru '04 were changed somewhat and followed up with the newer model year service check list. John Flowers has the latest version, and you'll find the earlier version listed here as an attachment.

Your mechanic won't be able to tap into the Motronic unit to read any fault codes that may have occurred during ownership (takes a rather expensive MoDiTec machine to do that, in most cases - although there is an aftermarket unit labeled GS-911 that some folks use and you may hear from them later).

At any rate, you, or your mechanic, should obtain either an OEM shop manual and electrical schematic, or the Clymers aftermarket tech manual, if you're gonna do proper service on your scoot. Highly recommended; and I believe there is/was a set for sale in the classified forum.

Good luck, Timmy. Let us know how thangs turn out. And welcome to the community.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maintenance List[1].pdf (36.6 KB, 116 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in