2000 yamaha venture 1300 98hp - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Feb 4th, 2008, 3:37 pm Thread Starter

2000 yamaha venture 1300 98hp

i have an LT
but i have become v curious about the venture after seeing one for
the first time last year its same length as wing but @ 827 1bs dry weight
v heavy
have any of u guys had one like a 99 to 01 model as they changed shortly after this time
if so how did it feel compared to LT
sure would appreciate any info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Feb 4th, 2008, 4:09 pm

Never owned one, nor have I ridden one. But I think you're trying to compare apples and oranges. The LT and the Venture are two very different machines. The Venture is basically a full-dressed cruiser. Nothing wrong with that. But it's a whole different world, IMHO.

If you do decide to look into this kind of machine, you might want to also research the Honda Valkyrie. Strong motor. Honda manufactured the Valk from '97 to '03.
post #3 of 5 Old Feb 4th, 2008, 5:26 pm

I've ridden a later model Venture (I think it was a 2002 or 2003). Nice bike, quite comfortable, good seating position, lots of cargo capacity, and good wind protection.

Now for the negatives: Numb, heavy handling. Didn't feel like it had 98hp. The LT is a much better handling/performing bike. If you have ridden the 1600cc Yamaha Silverado, you will notice gobs of low end torque; the bike is a tractor. The downside is all the power poops at 4000rpm; there is just no excitement in thumping down the road in a haywagon, and the Venture feels about the same as the Silverado. The Venture has a bulletproof engine but overall it is not even close to being in the same league as a LT, it is a metric Harley.

post #4 of 5 Old Feb 4th, 2008, 11:56 pm

I had a 01, put 70,000 miles on her. Can't be beat it for long range comfort, right out of the box, stock seat. Very good wind protection, solid on the road. 5 YEAR, UNLIMITED MILES, BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY. So comfortable you don't want to get off when you need gas but, it don't handle like an LT. A buddy still has one & we swap mounts sometimes to let him have fun in the twisties. When I get back on the Venture after riding the LT, the Venture takes me a while to get used to. The Venture takes a little effort to turn, it wants to stand up & go straight. A great bike but, 2 different animals. The Venture is still the best value for your money, it come with everything from the factory. If it sounds like I miss my Venture, I do. My wife quit riding with me when I got rid of it. If I could afford 2 bikes, I would still have it.

Big-E

1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 800
2001 Yamaha Venture- most comfortable bike on the road- Gone
2004 Honda Goldwing- Didn't like it- Gone
2005 BMW K1200LT- Great bike!- Lives on with another member
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14- Loving it for now
1998 Suzuki Bandit S-1200- Fun, just got it.
post #5 of 5 Old Feb 5th, 2008, 6:20 am

Yamaha Venture

I had a 2005 Yamaha Midnight Venture. I loved it. I put 38K miles on it in 2 years. I traveled from Texas to northern Wisconsin on it. I did an Ironbutt to Flagstaff, Arizona in June of '05. It's a great travelling bike but it's very top heavy. Even more so than the LT because you have 6 gallons of gas that sits partially above your waistline. It is low on torque on the bottom but it likes to rev. It's handling lacks a little and the fairing mounted on the forks makes it want to "swim" in the turns at high speeds. It can't compare with the LT. It's a completely different bike. The LT is much more fun to ride and my wife loves it, too. The warranty on the Yamaha is nice though. It still had 3 years left on it when I sold it. If it was fuel injected, it would even be better.......................

2006 R1200RT
2005 K1200LT Ocean Blue
2003 K1200LTE Black
Totaled Oct 2, 2010
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
Most of us would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in