BikeBandit Problems - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 1st, 2008, 1:15 pm Thread Starter

BikeBandit Problems

Several months ago I made a purchase at Bike bandit.
They have BMW parts and microphish with all part numbers. A friend used them for his K1200LT to get some new plastics that got rashed when he crashed. He did say they took forever to get his parts order complete. I am OK with time, and it did take BikeBandit over two months to get most of my parts to North Carolina. They cancelled one of three of my items. However, they never refunded the money. I tried contacting them many times in December and for some reason my chat sessions always got dropped. Now I can no longer log into my BikeBandit account and my credit card has not been refunded.
The dollar amount is almost nothing, but the principal that they would so easily take money from their customers.
If they did it to me how many others has this been done to?

Here is my e-mail to them:
Order ID: 91011334172909xxx
Happy New Year. This year I will do my best to sway anyone who I come in contact with in the motorcycle world to stay far, far away from BikeBandit.com. I have tried several times to correct this issue with the live chat service and still I have not seen any progress. I placed an order and two of the three parts were shipped to me. the third was cancelled and NO refund was issued. This is basically all over a 13.xx dollar part. It is also more on principal than about the money. If you took advantage of me, how many other customers have you taken money from. I figure that if I tell one of your customers about the service that you gave me and they decide to shop else where, then I have helped out another motorcyclist. I will truly make sure that hundreds of people read my BikeBandit story, at least once, somewhere online. I am a member of many online forums. Thanks for the disservice.

\RANT

Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 1st, 2008, 1:53 pm

I'd talk to the bank whom issued the credit card. Dispute the charge.

Ride On!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"

'13 SILVA K1600GTL
post #3 of 9 Old Jan 1st, 2008, 2:19 pm

I ordered a $20 part from them December 12. Still waiting. Maybe they have a thing against us in the Southeast!!!

Ray

2007 K1200LT Hannigan- Blue
2012 R1200GS - Rallye
1973 R75/5 Toaster - Black

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 1st, 2008, 3:16 pm

I've ordered from them without issue...actually, they were amazingly helpful.

What happened when you picked up the phone and actually talked to someone about your account balance?
post #5 of 9 Old Jan 1st, 2008, 4:18 pm Thread Starter

Who gave you a phone number?

I couldn't get Live chat to give up the phone number.

And it was to late to do the credit card dispute.
The order was done the end of August.

At any point, the money is not the issue.
Apparently, from other sites, this is happening often.

Visit
_ Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it over?

Last edited by MikeERideWNC; Jan 1st, 2008 at 4:37 pm.
post #6 of 9 Old Jan 1st, 2008, 7:53 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeERideWNC
I own an on-line retail company.

I can tell you in no uncertain terms that there is no hard time limit on disputing a charge. Card companies understand that some items have a long fulfillment time.

Depending upon the card you used, the merchant may get in trouble with the card company for charging the card so far ahead of actual fulfillment.

Contact your credit card issuer. Provide them with as much documentation you have, including emails and chat sessions. Especially important is the communication that shows the item in question removed from the order by the vendor.

In a case like this where you were charged for something that was not delivered, it should be very easy to get your money back and cause the vendor some pain. The only way I can see this getting time consuming is if the vendor disputes the facts (ie, they say the did not charge your card for that item, or that the item was delivered or is still in the process of being delivered, etc.). In that case, it will come down to who has the best documentation to back up their claim.
post #7 of 9 Old Jan 1st, 2008, 8:07 pm

Quote:
Who gave you a phone number?
Found it on the web.

Local (619) 623-3661
Toll Free: 888-339-3888

Enjoy.
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 8:52 am

Lightbulb

Quote:

At any point, the money is not the issue.
Apparently, from other sites, this is happening often.
Even if it is too late to get your money back you can always dispute the bill with the credit card company. You may not get your dough, but just your filing will cost the vendor a minimum of $20.00, more if there is any research involved (I just started working for a credit card processing company and I learned quite a bit about the process).

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #9 of 9 Old Jan 4th, 2008, 10:04 pm

Bike Bandit

Quote:
Several months ago I made a purchase at Bike bandit.
They have BMW parts and microphish with all part numbers. A friend used them for his K1200LT to get some new plastics that got rashed when he crashed. He did say they took forever to get his parts order complete. I am OK with time, and it did take BikeBandit over two months to get most of my parts to North Carolina. They cancelled one of three of my items. However, they never refunded the money. I tried contacting them many times in December and for some reason my chat sessions always got dropped. Now I can no longer log into my BikeBandit account and my credit card has not been refunded.
The dollar amount is almost nothing, but the principal that they would so easily take money from their customers.
If they did it to me how many others has this been done to?

Here is my e-mail to them:
Order ID: 91011334172909xxx
Happy New Year. This year I will do my best to sway anyone who I come in contact with in the motorcycle world to stay far, far away from BikeBandit.com. I have tried several times to correct this issue with the live chat service and still I have not seen any progress. I placed an order and two of the three parts were shipped to me. the third was cancelled and NO refund was issued. This is basically all over a 13.xx dollar part. It is also more on principal than about the money. If you took advantage of me, how many other customers have you taken money from. I figure that if I tell one of your customers about the service that you gave me and they decide to shop else where, then I have helped out another motorcyclist. I will truly make sure that hundreds of people read my BikeBandit story, at least once, somewhere online. I am a member of many online forums. Thanks for the disservice.

\RANT
I'm only a junior member, but I have been using the internet for much of my LT accessary shopping with good luck so far. Thanks for the tip Mike. Les

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in