New club. Victory Vision drop. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 7:24 pm Thread Starter

New club. Victory Vision drop.

Yesterday while myself and the Ms. were eyeing the motorcycle a group was coming in to park after a demo ride. The lead guy for unknown reasons just drops his demo bike. It goes onto the, I guess, the crash bars or tip over bars, to where both tires are spinning freely. I get of the bike I am on and go help the poor fellow.

See a new club has already begone.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 6:30 pm

The Vision like the LT and Wing are big heavy bikes that weigh 5 times as much as their rider. I am sure they will see their fair share of putting the shiny side down.
post #3 of 18 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 7:54 pm

As much as I try to be objective about the looks of the Vision; it just looks too futuristic for my tastes.
Dewman

post #4 of 18 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:58 am

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewman
As much as I try to be objective about the looks of the Vision; it just looks too futuristic for my tastes.
Dewman
If you wait long enough, it will look old.

151,000 miles driving bikes and still counting.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 1:39 pm

I really wanted to like this bike, but just can't get over the styling. If they ever have a re-design, I'll be interested.
post #6 of 18 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 3:19 pm Thread Starter

Need to see in person.

It is really not that bad in person. It was very enjoyable to ride and liked the large engine sucking the air when you rolled on the throttle. The seating position was outstanding, with the feet forward. Test ride one.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
post #7 of 18 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 3:52 pm

styling

As with most things nowadays the styling is sure to change.
post #8 of 18 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 4:21 pm

I read somewhere that Victory has a very high customer satisfaction rating. Personally, I like the look. But I'd worry about first-model-year gremlins.
post #9 of 18 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 7:13 pm Thread Starter

Problems

The two Victorys I rode had radio problems and I also would wait until ABS came with them.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
post #10 of 18 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 9:25 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk1200lt
The Vision like the LT and Wing are big heavy bikes that weigh 5 times as much as their rider.
Some of their riders.

Quote:
it just looks too futuristic for my tastes.
Dewman
It looks like something you'd see in Tomorrow-land at Disney World.

Joe
2005 BMW K1200LT
2007 Ducati Monster S4Rs
post #11 of 18 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:28 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman587
=============The seating position was outstanding, with the feet forward. Test ride one.
That would keep me off it. I absolutely cannot stand feet forward, period. Kills my back in short order. I got back into riding after a couple decades off by riding my son in law's Harley, rode it with the tips of my toes on the back of the foot boards all the time. Even riding with my feet all the way up on the boards was very uncomfortable for me. The foot position of the LT was almost PERFECT for me, one of the big reasons I loved the bike so much. If any change, I would want them a little further back.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
post #12 of 18 Old Aug 1st, 2007, 11:32 pm
IBR# 366

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalLT
But I'd worry about first-model-year gremlins.
Don't worry, you'll never see the gremlins under all that bodywork.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #13 of 18 Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 11:43 am

Just got done reading Cycle World's review on the Vision (geeze, you'd think those guys were on Victory's payroll, not exactly objective journalism, disappointing--though they did say that the thing wasn't nearly as powerful as the honda or beemer...). In the article they gave brief mention to the anti-tipover "things" and said something about an "eye-popping video" of the bikes being dropped from vertical onto them, but didn't share where the general public can see it.

In the pics in the article, you can't really see them very well, soooooooo my question is, after the beast got dumped, how much rash did it suffer? Did the magic protectors do their job? (you all know where this is going...if they did, we need to get US some!)

Pete

========================================
When life throws you a curve, LEAN INTO IT!!!
2000 R1100RT-P...R.I.P. "Old motorcycle"

2004 K1200LT "Lick and Tickle"

FU*K Cancer. If I have one more MRI, I'll stick to the refrigerator door.
post #14 of 18 Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 3:34 pm Thread Starter

0 damage

I did inspect the damage close up and can not say what part touch the ground, but I can say that there was no visible damage. The motor was upright and put back in line. So with out close inspection the tip over bars did their job in my mind.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
post #15 of 18 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 8:46 am

Quote:
Dewman
The problem with really swoopy styling is that it ages really fast. There are no "classic" lines on the Vision.

Think of auto styling from the late 50's and early 60's. It didn't take long for us to get tired of the fins. Now compare those fins to the looonnng saddle bag/rear fender extension of the Vision. (It looks like the damn thing extends 3 feet beyond the rear wheel ..... is it ready for a Continential Kit?)

Bob Chapman
Virginia
2000 K12LT
1978 CB750A (Automatic Cafe Racer Ratbike)
post #16 of 18 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:07 am

Am I the only one who thinks that the new Vision looks like an updated version of our LTs? Except for the visable V-Twin engine of course. When I first saw the concept drawings as well as when I saw it in person at the International Motorcycle Show I have always thought that it could easily be the new updated LT. Maybe its just me.

2018 K1600GTL
2012 K1600GTL (retired)
2003 K1200LT (retired)

IBA # 35048
post #17 of 18 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 9:51 am

Quote:
Yea...but what does it look like when it's on it's side??!!??

FWIW, I thought the LT looked "futuristic" just a few years ago. Today, my new GT looks more futuristic, while the LT is starting to look jurassic. Time is an amazing editor.

Thanks for the post John. Glad to hear that there's a new perp regarding the DA club.
post #18 of 18 Old Aug 3rd, 2007, 11:40 am

BMWs style haus sweepings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee
Am I the only one who thinks that the new Vision looks like an updated version of our LTs? ... I have always thought that it could easily be the new updated LT. Maybe its just me.
Or rather all the rejected elements that were left on the LT design studio floor.

No matter how hard I try (and I'm really trying ) I just can't warm up to the creature. Despite it being a crooozer, with the breeze-tickling-your-boot-soles forward controls, which I absolutely detest, I figured I would get accustomed to the sight. No dice! The queerly sculpted, origami-styled Cadillacs are in the same category for me. And they've been out for a number of years now. They both use great forward thinking mechanics and technology, only the visual package makes it look like they're trying too hard.

Rider magazine has a decent write-up and photo spread. My wife got a hold of the pages before me and was quite aghast at the thing, even after I showed her some web photos some months earlier. Her last stab at the review was "Yeah, but does it have a hydraulic centerstand?" in a snarky tone. I said "It only has, what, a 3 inch ground clearance? If they added a centerstand it would end up high centered on every parking lot speed bump!".

-----------------------------------------

The word motorcycle is a verb.

2005 K1200LT "Rolf"
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in