Test Rode a Victory Vision Tour Today! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old Jul 28th, 2007, 9:33 pm Thread Starter

Smile Test Rode a Victory Vision Tour Today!

In a word, "Fun"! What a neat bike! I plan to have one by March '08. Believe it or not this bike has many of the same refinements and features of late model BMW's and Gold Wings. Take a ride for yourself and decide at:www.VictoryMotorcycles.com there you will find their demo schedule. BTW; you'll never guess where I took my demo ride today...Chateau Elaun , home of CCR in 2006. Oh yeah, I still B waitin' for Mom's new gen LT

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
1995 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Anniversary Edition
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old Jul 28th, 2007, 10:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceHarrisJr
In a word, "Fun"! What a neat bike! I plan to have one by March '08. Believe it or not this bike has many of the same refinements and features of late model BMW's and Gold Wings. Take a ride for yourself and decide at:www.VictoryMotorcycles.com there you will find their demo schedule. BTW; you'll never guess where I took my demo ride today...Chateau Elaun , home of CCR in 2006. Oh yeah, I still B waitin' for Mom's new gen LT
Hey, Bruce - pretty technical article in September issue of Cycle World. They like it.

Also, they did an 8-page article on the new Connie. Not too many nits, and some likes.
post #3 of 12 Old Jul 28th, 2007, 10:41 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Ditto Dick. My issue of "Cycle World" showed up today as well. BTW; the test bike that I rode is the first motorcycle that I've ever ridden that had an accurate speedometer as compared to the Garmin GPS that was on the bike. Wonder why other manufacturers can't/will not do the same?

Always so good to hear from ya kind sir...Say, you ever gonna come up here and let me take ya to Grits Cafe down at the Outer Banks? Ya just gotta do it before ya die!

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2

post #4 of 12 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 9:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceHarrisJr
Ditto Dick. My issue of "Cycle World" showed up today as well. BTW; the test bike that I rode is the first motorcycle that I've ever ridden that had an accurate speedometer as compared to the Garmin GPS that was on the bike. Wonder why other manufacturers can't/will not do the same?

Always so good to hear from ya kind sir...Say, you ever gonna come up here and let me take ya to Grits Cafe down at the Outer Banks? Ya just gotta do it before ya die!
We're workin' on it, Bruce. When it happens, it'll be a permanent move!!! Gotta git them planets lined up just right! And thanks for the invite - keep it open if you don't mind!!

Take care.
post #5 of 12 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 10:05 am

So would this bike be in a addition to or sans GoldWing?

Ride On!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Goodyear, AZ
"Yeah but its a warm heat!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'13 SILVA K1600GTL
post #6 of 12 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 11:03 am

It's OK, but that top case is hideous. Either way, very different, but a bit too "Buck Rogers" for me.

2000 K1200LTC Champagne
Remus/Rhinewest Combo

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." (George Orwell, 1984)
post #7 of 12 Old Jul 29th, 2007, 11:05 am Thread Starter

Smile

Hiya Harry! I would replace the Gold Wing with the Vision and play with it until Mom decides to introduce her new generation LT.

Think of the Vision this way: as a younger man you see a woman, who for some reason you find attractive yet she has some features, characteristics or DNA that you *think* your family may find offensive. In spite of your reservations you ask the woman to meet ya for coffee and conversation. Before the first swizzle of kaffee you find that she's just what you've been looking for. In the past, you had top drawer, highly educated, well bred and connected women in your life. Yet few of them lit your passions like this newest find. She's not necessarily a 'trophy wife' but a long term keeper and friend for life...

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2
post #8 of 12 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 7:55 am

I got the CW over the weekend too. I read where one of the designers has w3orked with BMW. I just don;t feel anything when I look at it. Especially the Vtwin. It leaves me cold. If it were a wide angle V2 or 4, maybe. I like the attempt at a futuristic, or at least modern design and features. The side cases look even more awkwardly shaped than the LT, which makes for hard packing.

I do, however, hope they sell every one they build. I wish them luck with it; it can only improve the niche of luxo tourers. But for now I'm still pretty satisfied with the LT.

Randy
post #9 of 12 Old Jul 30th, 2007, 9:13 am

I probably would have seriously considered one a few weeks ago, but now I find out my local Victory dealer has closed it doors. I might ride 120 miles to a BMW dealer for service etc, but I don't think I would for a Victory.
post #10 of 12 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 12:23 pm

How hot ?

Hi All,

For those of you who have been lucky enough to test ride the Vision, how hot does it get on your legs ? I came off of a Honda ST1300 before I bought my LT and the single biggest reason I got rid of the ST was the tremendous heat thrown onto my lower legs. In 80 plus degrees, it was, almost, unbearable to ride. I like just about everything I've read or seen regarding the Vision, but being such a large air cooled engine, it makes me nervous how much heat will be thrown.

Thanks, Roy
post #11 of 12 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 2:33 pm Thread Starter

Roy,

Here's what my demo riding experience was last Saturday: air temperture was approximately 90 and moderate humidity. On Interstate 85 at 65-70 MPH there was a fair amount of heat on my calves only; i.e. the rear of my lower legs. I ride with Joe Rocket 'Alter Ego' pants and Oxtar riding boots. I didn't care for it and upon arrival back at Victory's truck I informed one of the field engineers. He than proceeded to show me another Vision that had optional lower fairing 'wind wings' which are movable/adjustable to prevent 'hot legs'. I did not get an opportunity to ride that bike, but would like to prior to making a purchase. If it works, no further problem for me. Hope this helps in your decision making process.

Bruce Harris, Jr.
Burlington, NC USA
2005 Bushtec Turbo +2
post #12 of 12 Old Jul 31st, 2007, 6:01 pm

I felt the heat too.

The heat for me was the inside of my thighs. Was not bad, but you knew you were sitting on the engine.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in